This is in a State Constitution: The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.
I could care less. Know why? Because unless I am a citizen of said state, it doesn’t apply to me. That’s the beauty of 50 individual states.
The common law covers the common defense.
Uh...not it doesn’t. A state constitution doesn’t apply to citizens of other states. You’re not a very effective PRT with nonsensical statements like that. :laugh:

words have meaning. Where does it say, our Second Amendment is about Individual rights?
In the part where it states “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”. It’s a right. It belongs to the people. Like you said, words have meaning!
Yes, the People are the militia. You are either, well regulated or unorganized.
But the militia are not the people! Being a member of a militia is not a requirement for personhood. That is a scientific fact. Game over!
Nobody takes the right wing seriously about the law, Constitutional or otherwise.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

The people are the militia; you can be drafted.
Not since 1973, snowflake. :lmao:

Please try to avoid just calling folks who do not understand the 2nd Amendment names, they just dismiss what you have to say and this is way too important.
You have to understand, EL Rich, Daniel is a PRT (Paid Russian Troll). There is no point in attempting to win him over. He can’t vote anyway. The point is to set the record straight for those not in the know, who might stumble across this thread.
I understand the right wing is too full of fallacy to understand the law, Constitutional or otherwise.

Please try to avoid just calling folks who do not understand the 2nd Amendment names, they just dismiss what you have to say and this is way too important.
You have to understand, EL Rich, Daniel is a PRT (Paid Russian Troll). There is no point in attempting to win him over. He can’t vote anyway. The point is to set the record straight for those not in the know, who might stumble across this thread.
I thought you didn't believe Russian trolls exist?

Oh...you'll say anything?

Who do you think you are?

Trump?

Kavanaugh?

This is in a State Constitution: The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.
I could care less. Know why? Because unless I am a citizen of said state, it doesn’t apply to me. That’s the beauty of 50 individual states.
Uh...not it doesn’t. A state constitution doesn’t apply to citizens of other states. You’re not a very effective PRT with nonsensical statements like that. :laugh:
It is the common law.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

words have meaning. Where does it say, our Second Amendment is about Individual rights?
In the part where it states “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”. It’s a right. It belongs to the people. Like you said, words have meaning!
But the militia are not the people! Being a member of a militia is not a requirement for personhood. That is a scientific fact. Game over!
The militia is callable to arms; or, Vietnam vets would have declined to fight a foreign war.
A. Not true at all. Only left-wing pussies would have “declined”.

B. Nobody could “decline” because the federal government had made it a mandate, punishable by prison time.
it only takes a simple law.
But said law does not exist at this time. And that’s all that matters. You can’t enforce something that doesn’t exist.

Please try to avoid just calling folks who do not understand the 2nd Amendment names, they just dismiss what you have to say and this is way too important. It is better to just point out how ludicrous their arguments are by citing the the text. The Bill of Rights was specifically designed to protect individual rights, so then why would this right be extended here if not to apply to individuals. Also, you can’t pick what you like out of the Constitution and leave the rest. Without an armed population how can We the People expect that our government will abide by our wishes and preserve our rights. It really is simple, perhaps uncomfortable but simple. Do we stop the sale of cars because so many people die using them? Also, this is may be the only part of the Constitution that actually “guarantees the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity..”, so let’s make sure this one is never surrendered.
Know none of this is new info to you but it is very important that intelligent people who know their rights push back against ignorance with knowledge. Keep fighting the good fight!
The whole Bill of Rights was attached to the Constitution because some states had serious concerns that individual liberties were not secured enough within the Constitution. Therefore, as uncomfortable as it may be, they are all directed at protecting the rights of individuals.
Each amendment has specific words that express what is enumerated. Our Second Amendment is about the security of a free State, it says so in the first clause.
This is not a debate about the specific language of how the amendment is applied but instead is about who these rights were being extended to. I would much rather have strict gun laws against individuals who in my opinion should not be trusted with guns, but the government is specifically prohibited from doing so. Does the 1st Amendmant only apply to those situations that the government say it does? I sure do hope not.

Our Second Amendment is about the security of a free State, it says so in the first clause.
Our 2nd Amendment is about our right to keep and bear arms. It makes the abundantly clear in the second clause. Stop citing the prefatory clause out of desperation to oppress. The prefatory clause is meaningless. It’s simply an explanation for why they were implementing a 2nd Amendment.

“I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
I see your George Mason, and I’ll trump it with Thomas Jefferson! :laugh:
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776
Note that Jefferson did not say “militia”. He said free MAN.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

It is the common law.

This is a fair point, but
It is the common law.

On a side note, thanks for sharing in a rigorous debate about ideas. This is refreshing.

A. Not true at all. Only left-wing pussies would have “declined”.

B. Nobody could “decline” because the federal government had made it a mandate, punishable by prison time.
it only takes a simple law.
But said law does not exist at this time. And that’s all that matters. You can’t enforce something that doesn’t exist.

Please try to avoid just calling folks who do not understand the 2nd Amendment names, they just dismiss what you have to say and this is way too important. It is better to just point out how ludicrous their arguments are by citing the the text. The Bill of Rights was specifically designed to protect individual rights, so then why would this right be extended here if not to apply to individuals. Also, you can’t pick what you like out of the Constitution and leave the rest. Without an armed population how can We the People expect that our government will abide by our wishes and preserve our rights. It really is simple, perhaps uncomfortable but simple. Do we stop the sale of cars because so many people die using them? Also, this is may be the only part of the Constitution that actually “guarantees the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity..”, so let’s make sure this one is never surrendered.
Know none of this is new info to you but it is very important that intelligent people who know their rights push back against ignorance with knowledge. Keep fighting the good fight!
The whole Bill of Rights was attached to the Constitution because some states had serious concerns that individual liberties were not secured enough within the Constitution. Therefore, as uncomfortable as it may be, they are all directed at protecting the rights of individuals.
Each amendment has specific words that express what is enumerated. Our Second Amendment is about the security of a free State, it says so in the first clause.
This is not a debate about the specific language of how the amendment is applied but instead is about who these rights were being extended to. I would much rather have strict gun laws against individuals who in my opinion should not be trusted with guns, but the government is specifically prohibited from doing so. Does the 1st Amendmant only apply to those situations that the government say it does? I sure do hope not.
Our Second Amendment is about the security of a free State not the whole and entire concept of natural rights.

Our Second Amendment is about the security of a free State, it says so in the first clause.
Our 2nd Amendment is about our right to keep and bear arms. It makes the abundantly clear in the second clause. Stop citing the prefatory clause out of desperation to oppress. The prefatory clause is meaningless. It’s simply an explanation for why they were implementing a 2nd Amendment.
The second clause is merely the means; the End, my friend, is in the first clause.

“I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776
Note that Jefferson did not say “militia”. He said free MAN.

:dance: :dance: :dance:
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824
Once again, painfully clear. The right belongs to the people. The government has 0 authority over the people. The people have authority over their government.

the common law is common.
Thank goodness so such thing exists! A state constitution is not “common” law. It does not apply to citizens of any other state.

90BD513F-EBA1-43E2-8C52-E29CF6DB3A3C.gif

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824
Once again, painfully clear. The right belongs to the people. The government has 0 authority over the people. The people have authority over their government.
George Mason was making a point in convention, debating our federal Constitution. Not writing a letter to someone, explaining his propaganda.

I would like to hear commie Dan's retort to the above statement.

Forum List

Back