The Death Penalty is going out of style

Why should the tax payers be forced to carry the burden of $60,000+ per year just to warehouse a death penalty criminal?

I believe in an short appeal process and then a speedy execution. ... :cool:

We don't need the Death Penalty now that we have the ObamaCare Death Panel. Inconvenient people can just be denied health care by faceless, unaccountable bureaucrats.

Hopenchange!

I hear they are going to kill Sarah Palins baby first

The US leads the free world in executions.....but we still have three times the murder rate of any other country

Shows how effective being "tough on crime" can be

because we are not "tough on crime". We feel sorry for criminals but don't give a shit about the victims. We are a sick society, your posts prove it.

If...murder is wrong, what is the difference with the death penalty?

For one thing, capital punishment is not murder.

It is still state mandated killing.....very few civilized societies resort to it

Other societies can do what they think is right. We will do what the majority of our citizens think is right. One of our most important allies agrees with us on this issue, for whatever that's worth.

If...murder is wrong, what is the difference with the death penalty?

For one thing, capital punishment is not murder.

It is still state mandated killing.....very few civilized societies resort to it

Very few civilized societies still participate in wars. If we're ok with war we should be ok with the death penalty. Having mixed feelings isn't logically consistent. And simply reveals a respondant offering their opinion isn't thinking clearly.

Even in th US, very few states and only 15% of the counties actually use the death penalty

Texas, Oklahoma, Florida and a few others

Most of the country has already given it up as barbaric

Other societies can do what they think is right. We will do what the majority of our citizens think is right. One of our most important allies agrees with us on this issue, for whatever that's worth.

Communist China?

Yet in China it is legal to kill babies if the couples have to many, I guess the far left would support that like they ran and hid when ol Kermit's actions came to light.

Time to go to life without parole

Most of the civilized world already has
Japan and Singapore both have Capital Punishment. Both countries are quite civilized with a quality of life similar to ours.

Singapore is extremely authoritarian. Not exactly the kind of place I'd want our justice system based on.

Forum List

Back