The Death Penalty is going out of style

Alive, ObL woulda been a rallying target for jihadis. Dead and hidden away at the bottom of the sea it's over. There was no surrender option but I'm ok with it. It was an execution and probably illegal, but so was 9/11. In ethical or legal gray areas I'm ok with 'karmic balancing.'

Alive, ObL woulda been a rallying target for jihadis. Dead and hidden away at the bottom of the sea it's over. There was no surrender option but I'm ok with it. It was an execution and probably illegal, but so was 9/11. In ethical or legal gray areas I'm ok with 'karmic balancing.'

Oh, sure. it's all so over with now. :rofl:

As a rallying cry for jihadis obviously. Should study English sometime and learn about floating opposites.

ObL was all but irrelevant by the time of his execution. So much so, I've wondered if they waited until his symbollic power had waned, then ended him.

Last edited:
BS. Bin Laden is still used as a rallying cry for attacking western interests. That whole scam about deep sixing the guy was so transparent, it was comical. Dude died years ago or is still alive. Or govt. would produce the evidence to the contrary.

As a rallying cry for jihadis obviously. Should study English sometime and learn about floating opposites.

ObL was all but irrelevant by the time of his execution. So much so, I've wondered if they waited until his symbollic power had waned, then ended him.

True. Hardly anybody even mentions him name anymore. Same with Zarqawi and al-Awlaki. The martyer concept is a myth.

One major question no one ever seems to ask is >> if you don't give killers the death penalty, how many people will be killed by them during the course of their lifetime ? How many people have died because killers were allowed to remain alive ? How many people will they kill both inside and outside the prison ? Al Capone is said to have killed dozens after his incarceration.

Murder rate in prison: Is it safer to be jailed than free?

True. Hardly anybody even mentions him name anymore. Same with Zarqawi and al-Awlaki. The martyer concept is a myth.

Anyone where? Are you sitting in a nice mid-western township where you never hear it on the news anymore? Is that the "no one" you're referring to?

Isn't always bad, Dahmer was murdered in prison too so...:)

True, but I was thinking of the thousands of prisoners in just for smoking pot, prostitution, or some other victimless "crime". Even those in for burglary or robbery, they may be bad, but their prison term is enough. They don't deserve to be killed.

Anyone where? Are you sitting in a nice mid-western township where you never hear it on the news anymore? Is that the "no one" you're referring to?

I'm in Tampa, FLorida, home of the Central Command of both the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I haven't heard (or seen) these guys on media since they got killed. Did you ? Where/When ? On what media ?

The death penalty is only used in about 15% of the counties in the US. Only our bible belt is still clinging to the barbaric penalty

Most of the world mocks the US as a bunch of savages clinging to an eye for an eye vengance

The death penalty is only used in about 15% of the counties in the US. Only our bible belt is still clinging to the barbaric penalty

Most of the world mocks the US as a bunch of savages clinging to an eye for an eye vengance

The rest of the world can kindly go and kiss my ass.

85% of the US also

The death penalty is a barbaric punishment best relegated to the Middle Ages

DON"T YOU KILL....or to teach you a lesson, WE WILL KILL YOU

85% of the US also

The death penalty is a barbaric punishment best relegated to the Middle Ages

DON"T YOU KILL....or to teach you a lesson, WE WILL KILL YOU

Its better than DONT YOU KILL or we will feed you and care for you for the rest of your life, the only restriction is you have to stay in this building.

In the middle ages executions were done with panache, not the wimpy ways we do it nowadays.

The US leads the free world in executions.....but we still have three times the murder rate of any other country

Shows how effective being "tough on crime" can be

Last edited:
The US leads the free world in executions.....but we still have three times the murder rate of any other country

Shows how effective being "tough on crime" can be

That assumes that crime would not be WORSE if we did not have the levels of punishment we do now. You only assume things could get better if we implemented the policy you are talking about.

"Prision on the honor system" may work in Scandanavia, but it doesnt work here.

I don't understand why anyone would want a murderer to spend life in prison rather than execution. They are certainly no use to anyone, either in society or locked up. Execution insures they absolutely will never have an opportunity for parole. If a loved one was murdered, these bleeding hearts would probably change their minds.

capital punishment is only a deterrent to crime when it is actually carried out in a timely manner.
I am all in favor of Capital Punishment, as it helps ease the pain somewhat for the victims family members. It provides real justice in the form of closure. However, I don't object to having a delay prior to carrying out the execution as the suspect has every right to appeal his verdict even though he was convicted beyond a reasonable doubt.

We don't need the Death Penalty now that we have the ObamaCare Death Panel. Inconvenient people can just be denied health care by faceless, unaccountable bureaucrats.

Hopenchange!

Forum List

Back