The Coronavirus is not as bad as we thought when you look at the demographics of the situation.

Additionally, we already have a massive problem with the rising expenses of the number of aging baby boomers that are gradually losing their ability to contribute to society and are a burden to the system. The coronavirus did not create this problem, except merely brings it to our attention.

And add to that that most reported cases are in or near big cities (aka Democrat voters) and it becomes a win-win situation. Right righties?
Second dumbest comment I've seen today.

“THIS ONLY AFFECTS OLD PEOPLE. BYE BYE BOOMERS!” All Six ICU Patients At NJ Hospital Are Between Ages Of 28 And 48.

More than half diagnosed today in Florida were under 40 and a couple in their teens.

It's not that young people don't get it, it's the death rate that skyrockets after 50 even worse than most diseases.

Additionally, we already have a massive problem with the rising expenses of the number of aging baby boomers that are gradually losing their ability to contribute to society and are a burden to the system. The coronavirus did not create this problem, except merely brings it to our attention.

And add to that that most reported cases are in or near big cities (aka Democrat voters) and it becomes a win-win situation. Right righties?

“THIS ONLY AFFECTS OLD PEOPLE. BYE BYE BOOMERS!” All Six ICU Patients At NJ Hospital Are Between Ages Of 28 And 48.

More than half diagnosed today in Florida were under 40 and a couple in their teens.

It's not that young people don't get it, it's the death rate that skyrockets after 50 even worse than most diseases.
Ted Cruz and AOC, an unlikely pairing, have teamed up to try to get the under 40 crowd to give the hook up scene a rest for the duration.

DEATH RATES

80+ years old 14.8%

70-79 years old 8.0%

60-69 years old 3.6%

50-59 years old 1.3%

40-49 years old 0.4%

10-39 years old 0.2%

0-9 years old - no fatalities

The point is younger people don't know or have a mild case and then spread it to older people.

The point is younger people don't know or have a mild case and then spread it to older people.
I hear that some are gleefully calling it the "Boomer Remover".

1. This is not 2016. 2. Hillary Clinton will not be running and Biden has not had a 30 year smear campaign against him. 3. Hillary did get more popular votes. 4. Joe Biden would have beaten trump in 2016.

1. It's 2020 and President Trump has proven he is the right man for the job.

2. Biden doesn't need a smear campaign to ruin his reputation ... he does that all by himself.

3. I'm sure it's been explained to you before, that's not how it works.

4. Biden lost to Hillary Clinton in 2008.
trump will lose because his presidency has been a failure.

trump is going to lose

Bets?

bookie-600x600.png
trump is going to lose. The trump presidency the right wing media tells you and the real presidency of trump are two different things.

CwrD0QoXAAE2ryH.jpg

You miss some major realities when you do this. 1. This is not 2016. 2. Hillary Clinton will not be running and Biden has not had a 30 year smear campaign against him. 3. Hillary did get more popular votes. 4. Joe Biden would have beaten trump in 2016.
Your post reveals a total lack of awareness.

A reality show buffoon beat O’s chosen successor. Why? Because the people were sick of O and his elitism, corporatism, and warmongering. Biden would have lost worse than the bitch did. He will likely lose this time too. All thinks to O the fraud.

Your post shows your ignorance. trump got himself impeached trying to stop Biden. Think about that as Biden whips trumps ass.

You guys better start paying attention to what's going on. We are having all kinds of natural weather disasters and plagues. The COVID19 is a plague. People, you better get right because time is coming for us.
Your idiot party was 100% zeroed in on falsely accusing my President of doing what Hillary Clinton and the Cabal did. He was found not guilty of anything by your idiot inquiries that cost me and my fellow taxpayers One Hundred Damn Million Dollars, and your only channel after finding him not guilty of colluding with Russia which is exactly what the Rodham woman did and not my President. You channeled in on that until less than a month ago when you were beating yourselves up on impeaching President Trump who was working day by day on resolving issues on keeping Americans free of the Corona virus 19 epidemic that was going on in Woohan China among other nearby cities. You were so busy hating on President Trump you completely made the rest of the world go away in your media doozies who were blathering thousands of lies per diem about how bad President Trump was because you said so. That's the poorest excuse for impeachment I ever heard of and I hold you directly responsible since you're so busy kissing butt to everybody in the Thug Party of criminal deviants that Democrats are including hands all over women's tits Joe Burden. You'[re the gaggiest rag tag bunch of no good crummy politicians who ever walked the face of the earth with the exception of Andrew Jackson who sent a million native Americans off the east coast real estate and marched them in blizzard conditions with sicko blankets that killed off 90% of them to Oklahoma barrens. There they had nothing to eat, no buffalo, no fish, no nothing but endless prairies. He equaled this last 3 years worth of lies and hubris issued by the DNC Thugs you're so fond of you can't even see how your own party is the negligent one in the CV19 issue. So just go fly your kite somewhere the wind doesn't blow so hard and the hot air emanating from the empty-brained Democrat Party of late. Send all your money to Joe Burden and his family, because they're so greedy they ignore their own swindling ways of getting at taxpayer money through the old Ukraine money laundering machine that no longer exists.

trump is milking you every weekend he goes to mur a lago and you say Biden is greedy. You're blind and stupid to boot. trump stopped witnesses and denied documents but you are dumb enough to say nothing was ever proven about trump. Funny how Hillary deleted emails and you still want her in prison, but trump can defy all the subpoenas he wants and he's innocent. You're a joke and so just watch trump lose.

It's only hurting our productivity because we are over-reacting. In 1918, did they over-react and shut the country down when the flu pandemic was spreading? No, they did not. As a result the virus did not cause much damage. As I stated previously, the Dow Jones only dropped about 5% that year.

This ain't 1918.

You can say that again. We have lost our focus.

The virus is stronger than what hit in 1918 and I am not the person to glorify 1918 America.

The 1918 influenza pandemic killed 3% of the world's population in less than a year. Until this strain of the Coronavirus kills 3% of the world's population that rapidly, you can not say that with any accuracy. However, it doesn't matter because both viruses are irrelevant.

The virus was not as strong as this one. We have medicine now that would have got rid of that one real quick and we don't have that now. On top of that people knew less in 1918 than today, had they been smarter, they would have taken the same steps we are now. This virus is not something to downplay.

The numbers are what the numbers are.. It's ALL that the medical leadership is going on.. Fact is -- they've been saying for a couple weeks now that COVID is less than or EQUAL threat to anyone under 60 as the varieties of flus that hit us EVERY YEAR...

10 to 25 THOUSAND people a year die from "other flus"... Most of them elderly or immuno-compromised as well.. And THOSE numbers are WITH vaccines covering MORE of the population every year...

If you think people will vote Drumpf out because of a bad economy caused by a virus youre more of a fucking idiot than I thought. Dont you think people can figure out the economy tanked because of the virus?

'Drumpf' will get no votes because there is no such person on the ticket.

This ain't 1918.

The virus is stronger than what hit in 1918 and I am not the person to glorify 1918 America.

The 1918 influenza pandemic killed 3% of the world's population in less than a year. Until this strain of the Coronavirus kills 3% of the world's population that rapidly, you can not say that with any accuracy. However, it doesn't matter because both viruses are irrelevant.

The virus was not as strong as this one. We have medicine now that would have got rid of that one real quick and we don't have that now. On top of that people knew less in 1918 than today, had they been smarter, they would have taken the same steps we are now. This virus is not something to downplay.

The numbers are what the numbers are.. It's ALL that the medical leadership is going on.. Fact is -- they've been saying for a couple weeks now that COVID is less than or EQUAL threat to anyone under 60 as the varieties of flus that hit us EVERY YEAR...
Well, let's look at the numbers. Seasonal flu has a death rate of 0.1%

And surely you aren't being dismissive of the death rates of those 60 and over as if they weren't worth your consideration.

Using seasonal flu of 0.1% as a baseline:

80+ 148 times as deadly as the 0.1% seasonal flu.
70-79 - 80 times more deadly than the seasonal flu.
60-69 - 36 times
50-59 - 13 times
40-49 - 4 times
10-39 - 2 times

Coronavirus Age, Sex, Demographics (COVID-19) - Worldometer

How are any of those rates "less than or equal to" the seasonal flu?
... 10 to 25 THOUSAND people a year die from "other flus"... Most of them elderly or immuno-compromised as well.. And THOSE numbers are WITH vaccines covering MORE of the population every year...
At a 3% death rate, that's 30 TIMES the 0.1% death rate of seasonal flu.

Coronavirus Mortality Rate (COVID-19) - Worldometer

What's 30 times 10 to 25,000?

I'm just sharing information. I firmly believe that good people, with good information, make good decisions.

The coronavirus has just started to hit. We don't know how many will die. So it's stupid to make comparisons to the swine flu like trump is somehow doing a better job than Obama when in reality he is not.

trump has failed in his leadership. It's easy to stand in rallies giving people nicknames but this is what defines a president, not standing behind podiums talking stupid while blaming the other political party for his fuck ups. The NBA, NHL, MLB, NCAA, Broadway and almost everything in America did not close because of the swine flu.

This great American saved lives today.

This is leadership.

Admit it, you want people to die so it hurts the economy because you hope it gets Trump out of the White House.

If you think people will vote Drumpf out because of a bad economy caused by a virus youre more of a fucking idiot than I thought. Dont you think people can figure out the economy tanked because of the virus?

He knows tRumplings aren't capable of complex reasoning like that.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
This ain't 1918.

10 to 25 THOUSAND people a year die from "other flus"... Most of them elderly or immuno-compromised as well.. And THOSE numbers are WITH vaccines covering MORE of the population every year...

trump has mismanaged this situation to this point. That's a fact. He eliminated an agency that was made to face this type of situation. He should be held to account for that. Instead he blames Obama when Obama created the agency he eliminated. This is poor leadership because there is no vision. trump has no vison for America. All he's wanted to do was win 2 terms.

trump was Drumpf before his grandfather changed his name. However, trump is going to lose this election. He cannot make excuses about a virus, because these situations are what presidents are elected to solve.

It's only hurting our productivity because we are over-reacting. In 1918, did they over-react and shut the country down when the flu pandemic was spreading? No, they did not. As a result the virus did not cause much damage. As I stated previously, the Dow Jones only dropped about 5% that year.

This ain't 1918.

Italy has something like 2000 deaths now and the rest of Europe doing not much better. That whole area has open immigration and common sense tells you that is a problem with a virus that spreads very easily.
Now in the US, the death toll is only around 40 or so people from what I saw.. so why does Trump get no credit for immediately calling for a travel ban from China and then from Europe? those simple acts undoubtedly slowed the spread to the U.S. Of course Trump was only called a xenophobe by Democrats who wait for every moment to call him a xenophobe/racist. Had Hillary done the same thing I'm sure you would have heard on CNN how she had made a wise and measured move. No doubt the double standard is real.
I never criticized Obama for his handling of the Swine flu, nor should anyone have. He was a president and not a health expert. These presidents are mostly acting on the advice of people around them when they give statements like calling the virus a national emergency. I believe at the point Obama had called Swine Flu a national emergency, 1000 people had already died... so did he drop the ball? keep it in context. This is a country of 350Million plus right? People are going to die, and presidents are not experts in everything.... so much of this is all simply political hogwash on both sides.
But having said that, the travel ban was a good first step that probably saved a lot of lives. Would nice to see someone from the Left at least be honest about that once and stop making it all about politics.

trump has mismanaged this situation to this point. That's a fact. He eliminated an agency that was made to face this type of situation. He should be held to account for that. Instead he blames Obama when Obama created the agency he eliminated. This is poor leadership because there is no vision. trump has no vison for America. All he's wanted to do was win 2 terms.

What agency did he eliminate?

The death rate of infected babies is less than .1%. This roughly carries through until about the age of 50. Then, the death rate skyrockets. However, the death rate doesn't approach 15% until about the age of 80. I'm sure we can all agree that even a 15% death rate of infected is not that high for a disease and nothing to worry about when you look at the big picture. Even if tens of millions of Americans do die, it won't hurt our productivity as much as previously thought when you look at the demographics of the situation.

The democrats are using a natural process to try and create problems. Let nature run its course.
What a vile post.

tpicu-500x600.jpg

Using seasonal flu of 0.1% as a baseline:

80+ 148 times as deadly as the 0.1% seasonal flu.
70-79 - 80 times more deadly than the seasonal flu.
60-69 - 36 times
50-59 - 13 times
40-49 - 4 times
10-39 - 2 times

Not dismissive of ANYTHING factual.. And these numbers just REPEAT what I just told you... If it's 2 or 4 times the NORMAL seasonal mortality for 10 - 50 and much more deadly for the rest -- it puts Covid in the EXACT SAME range as the Swine flu, SARS, and others that did not create this level of panic..

Bush, Obama, Clinton and other leaders reacted LATE to these and the press barely pushed the panic button..

At a 3% death rate, that's 30 TIMES the 0.1% death rate of seasonal flu.

You're using a 3% number that is a total average for all age groups. And BECAUSE so many people will just experience "a cold" if they contract it -- there are NOT enough deaths to even MEASURE the death rate for patients under 50.. When the AVERAGE death age is 80 -- and the number of diagnosed/confirmed cases is small -- even the CDC does not yet have a scientifically valid statistic for a WHOLE population death rate.. Even in China, the number of UNdiagnosed cases is NOT KNOWN....

.. And as I said, NEW virulent strains in the PAST have had similar similar effects on the aged and compromised... The numbers reported out of China are not terrifying compared to OTHER epidemics..

The EARLY numbers that have TAINTED the "interwebs" hysteria WERE very bad... Hysteria lives FOREVER on the Internet. Just like the projections of 20 feet of sea level rise for GW by 2100 that have CONSISTENTLY been revised down over 30 years or so...

The ACTUAL death rates recorded are NOT being analyzed in real time... And the age demographics are HARD to find, but the UP TO DATE numbers ARE available.. And I've heard them repeatedly..

Just for perspective here --- here's the description of the H1N1 outbreak in 2009 from the CDC... In THAT case, older people had MORE immunity than younger people so the numbers were based on a larger DIAGNOSED population slice....

2009 H1N1 Pandemic

The 2009 H1N1 Pandemic: A New Flu Virus Emerges
The (H1N1)pdm09 virus was very different from H1N1 viruses that were circulating at the time of the pandemic. Few young people had any existing immunity (as detected by antibody response) to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus, but nearly one-third of people over 60 years old had antibodies against this virus, likely from exposure to an older H1N1 virus earlier in their lives. Since the (H1N1)pdm09 virus was very different from circulating H1N1 viruses, vaccination with seasonal flu vaccines offered little cross-protection against (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection. While a monovalent (H1N1)pdm09 vaccine was produced, it was not available in large quantities until late November—after the peak of illness during the second wave had come and gone in the United States. From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.** Globally, 80 percent of (H1N1)pdm09 virus-related deaths were estimated to have occurred in people younger than 65 years of age. This differs greatly from typical seasonal influenza epidemics, during which about 70 percent to 90 percent of deaths are estimated to occur in people 65 years and older.

##########################################

NOTE that again -- during a NORMAL flu season the elderly risks go up about the SAME WAY as what's been estimated for Covid... The H1N1 virus was remarkably different because of the natural achieved immunity rate of the elderly for H1N1.

THATS WHY -- in this case, the death was so low...

Last edited:
  • Thanks

Drumpf will absolutely get some votes from his idiot supporters. :rolleyes:

This ain't 1918.

Italy has something like 2000 deaths now and the rest of Europe doing not much better. That whole area has open immigration and common sense tells you that is a problem with a virus that spreads very easily.
Now in the US, the death toll is only around 40 or so people from what I saw.. so why does Trump get no credit for immediately calling for a travel ban from China and then from Europe? those simple acts undoubtedly slowed the spread to the U.S. Of course Trump was only called a xenophobe by Democrats who wait for every moment to call him a xenophobe/racist. Had Hillary done the same thing I'm sure you would have heard on CNN how she had made a wise and measured move. No doubt the double standard is real.
I never criticized Obama for his handling of the Swine flu, nor should anyone have. He was a president and not a health expert. These presidents are mostly acting on the advice of people around them when they give statements like calling the virus a national emergency. I believe at the point Obama had called Swine Flu a national emergency, 1000 people had already died... so did he drop the ball? keep it in context. This is a country of 350Million plus right? People are going to die, and presidents are not experts in everything.... so much of this is all simply political hogwash on both sides.
But having said that, the travel ban was a good first step that probably saved a lot of lives. Would nice to see someone from the Left at least be honest about that once and stop making it all about politics.
"...so why does Trump get no credit for immediately calling for a travel ban from China and then from Europe?"

I'll answer that. First of all its never been a ban, its simply a restriction meaning some people are not banned. More importantly a real ban should have been established the month prior to 300k people arriving here from China the previous month. Secondly it wasnt done immediately. How long have we known about this publicly? You better believe Drumpf knew about it at least a couple of weeks before we did.

• Thanks

New Topics

Forum List

Back