The Conjuring (2013 film)

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie

I'm very late to the game. I've never seen any of James Wan's horror films except for the first Saw movie, which I did like a lot. But the type of horror movies I've always preferred were the psychological ones. I finally watched the first Conjuring movie, and it was pretty great. It starts out extremely slow, but, when it finally picks up speed, it becomes pretty great.

This movie reminds me of the old school horror films like The Exorcist, The Amityville Horror, etc. The kind of horror movies that rely less on CGI and jump scares and more on story, atmosphere, acting, and practical effects. The Exorcist is still tied with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as my two favorite horror movies of all time, but The Conjuring is a great modern day horror film.

8.5/10

I don't really care if the basis for the story was real or not. It makes for a cool movie. I do like watching creepy YouTube videos about the paranormal. I've always been a "won't believe until I see it" kind of person, but I still like watching paranormal type videos on YouTube late at night with the lights off.

I just pirated a new Amityville movie the other day. Pretty damn good actually.
Was gonna watch the new Blade Runner movie but the current version sounds like it's coming through a toilet paper roll.
Off to the movies it is

Forum List

Back