The Coming Outlawing Of The Republican Party

Not at all. Every instance in which the Constitution limits or otherwise references the President, it is done so specifically. There is a reason for that, so assholes like today's liberals can't prohibit the competition with petty nonsense. Too bad today's liberals can't comprehend that.

Do you understand what US jurisdiction means?

This isn't some local ordinance or state law. This is an amendment to the Constitution. You folks are so clueless. Can you at least show any other part of the Constitution that sets limits on the presidency without specifically naming the presidency, all the while naming numerous other offices? Of course not. This is all fantasyland nonsense to fire up you ignorant rubes.

You don't have much education, do you?

"...shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

Again, when exactly did this happen?
In their dreams every night. Then they hold a sham witch hunt trial and goblins and ghouls come forth to cast 666 votes to expel the evil orange man. Sadly they wake up and are bitter foul little creatures all over again.

What a silly lie. Trump was president in 2020 and failed to address their grievances about police brutality.

Too busy fighting false claims against him and dealing with burning cities. Democrats were throwing huge tantrums...dealing with toddlers is very time consuming.

They are a party animated almost purely by rage, manipulation and paranoia. Nothing can be done from the outside. We just have to hope the fever breaks before it's too late.

This period certainly does explain what it must have been like in Europe, 85 years ago. Instructive, in a terrible way.
I am surprised you fee l that way about the Democrats, but it is true!

Doesn't apply to the Presidency.
Actually, it does.

Seth Barrett Tillman has suggested that the president is not an “officer of the United States,” in which case the presidency would not be a triggering office. And unlike every previous president since Washington, Trump didn’t hold another federal or state office prior to entering the White House. But the framers of the 14th Amendment clearly thought that Section 3 covered the president. Indeed, this issue came up during the floor debate, and Rep. Justin Morrill, a Vermont Republican and member of the House leadership, assured his colleagues that “office under the United States” included the presidency. As Gerard Magliocca nicely puts it in an impressive and timely new history of Section 3, “Congress did not intend (nor would the public have understood) that Jefferson Davis could not be a Representative or a Senator but could be President.”

A more detailed history here: Amnesty and Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment

Actually, it does.

Seth Barrett Tillman has suggested that the president is not an “officer of the United States,” in which case the presidency would not be a triggering office. And unlike every previous president since Washington, Trump didn’t hold another federal or state office prior to entering the White House. But the framers of the 14th Amendment clearly thought that Section 3 covered the president. Indeed, this issue came up during the floor debate, and Rep. Justin Morrill, a Vermont Republican and member of the House leadership, assured his colleagues that “office under the United States” included the presidency. As Gerard Magliocca nicely puts it in an impressive and timely new history of Section 3, “Congress did not intend (nor would the public have understood) that Jefferson Davis could not be a Representative or a Senator but could be President.”

A more detailed history here: Amnesty and Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment
Yet that did not make it within the text. Many things are said on the floor, yet the words are clear, many offices are mentioned, all EXCEPT the presidency. If they meant the presidency they would have said so. That we are expected to believe they remembered the electors, and a dozen other offices yet forgot the presidency in a Constitutional amendment you are delusional. It does not include the president because the amendment would have never passed if it excluded everyone who ever served in the Confederate Army, government, or local government during the Civil War from running for high office. Such assertions are pure fantasy.

Yet that did not make it within the text. Many things are said on the floor, yet the words are clear, many offices are mentioned, all EXCEPT the presidency. If they meant the presidency they would have said so.
They did say so. "office under the United States”
That we are expected to believe they remembered the electors, and a dozen other offices yet forgot the presidency in a Constitutional amendment you are delusional. It does not include the president because the amendment would have never passed if it excluded everyone who ever served in the Confederate Army, government, or local government during the Civil War from running for high office. Such assertions are pure fantasy.
Gee. This is such a tough call for me. Who to believe? A law professor, or a Trumptard who eats every morsel of bullshit fed to him by his propagandists.

Hmmm...

I am surprised you fee l that way about the Democrats, but it is true!
Wow! You really are nailing the Democrats!
Dang. You're confused. Again. I'm sorry, but you're wrong. I was talking about Trumpsters.

See, that's what the thread is about. So I was posting about the thread topic.

Again, my apologies for confusing you. I made it as simple as I could. Dang.

Last edited:
They did say so. "office under the United States”

Gee. This is such a tough call for me. Who to believe? A law professor, or a Trumptard who eats every morsel of bullshit fed to him by his propagandists.

Hmmm...
Believe who you want, the only ones that matter are the USSC, and many a 'law professor' has been proven oh so wrong at that venue. How'd Roe work out for you folks? Oh right, plain text really didn't cut if then, odd you folks think it will be reinterpreted and the Justices will accept an ambiguous lawyers claim over what is clearly written and what is clearly withheld.

Believe who you want, the only ones that matter are the USSC, and many a 'law professor' has been proven oh so wrong at that venue.
Not as often as piss drinking Trumptards. Not even close.

Not as often as piss drinking Trumptards. Not even close.
If you say so. If you want to believe some second rate lawyer at some no-name school over the plain text you can read for yourself, by all means degrade yourself. I'll not stop you.

If you say so. If you want to believe some second rate lawyer at some no-name school over the plain text you can read for yourself, by all means degrade yourself. I'll not stop you.
The University of Chicago Law School is a no-name school? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

No matter how hard you try, tard, you will never even be able to see the bottoms of his shoes from where you're standing.

The University of Chicago Law School is a no-name school? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

No matter how hard you try, tard, you will never even be able to see the bottoms of his shoes from where you're standing.
Read it again, what you posted is correspondence between an Irish professor and someone from Cleveland State. You folks are unbelievable, can't even bother to look at your own sources. Pathetic. Bye.

Forum List

Back