The coldest inhabited place on Earth

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
temperature-board_2484515k.jpg

Just looking at these pictures from The Telegraph blog gives me the chills!

The coldest inhabited place on Earth - Telegraph

Seen it colder than -45 C right here in Oregon. Although only for a short time. Takes some real adaptation to live continually with those kinds of temperatures.

Gonna save these pictures to look at in the middle of summer, when once again heat and humidity will do their best to kill me.
:p

I have been to a place called Cold Lake Canada and I have been to Brunswick Maine in winter.....they look like tropical paradises compared to this damn place.

Damn.

From the novel “The Weatherman,” by Steve Thayer.

1. Minnesota has weird weather. The Twin Cities of St. Paul an Minneapolis has more weather extremes on average than any other city in the world, except maybe cities in Siberia or Mongolia.
a. In the summer, it can get up to 110 degrees. And down to forty below zero in the winter.
b. The hottest day, in Moorhead, Minnesota, was July 6, 1936, when it reached 114 degrees.
c. The coldest day was recorded was on Lake Leech, Minnesota, when it reached 59 degrees below zero. Embarrass, Minnesota recorded minus 60 in February of 1996.

Look at the woman in the photo. Who cant read exactly what she is thinking? Her expression screams, "Shit......we need to collectively combat this global warming problem before we collectively freeze our asses off!!!"

Who cant see that????

Forum List

Back