The Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria urged African Chiefs to Apologize for the Trans Atlantic Slave

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
I wonder why this was not a big deal and I wonder if our beloved education system teaches this to our little kids in what was once a place for learning but has turned into places of lower living.

Lets talk a little about what the Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria said, shall we?

African chiefs urged to apologise for slave trade

The Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria has written to tribal chiefs saying: "We cannot continue to blame the white men, as Africans, particularly the traditional rulers, are not blameless."

The appeal has reopened a sensitive debate over the part some chiefs played in helping to capture their fellow Africans and sell them into bondage as part of the transatlantic slave trade.

The congress argued that the ancestors of the chiefs had helped to raid and kidnap defenceless communities and traded them to Europeans. They should now apologise to "put a final seal to the history of slave trade", it said.

"In view of the fact that the Americans and Europe have accepted the cruelty of their roles and have forcefully apologised, it would be logical, reasonable and humbling if African traditional rulers ... [can] accept blame and formally apologise to the descendants of the victims of their collaborative and exploitative slave trade."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did, the African Chiefs apologize for the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade? or not?

image-16-jim-carrey-50th-birthday-604638636.jpg

I wish people would just shut up about it.
Who needs an apology for their great great great grandmother, whom they never know, being enslaved?
The past is the past.

Not to mention the millions of slaves in africa in right now. Maybe he should focus on THAT

Forum List

Back