The Census and mail-in voting.

I guess my question is this: If the government cannot handle the Census, how is it going to manage mail-in voting?

Good question

The census is sent to every household and most Americans answer by mail.
Why is voting by mail such a crisis for Republicans ?
The easiest way is to throw the ballots away.

And don't tell me that postal workers wouldn't do that.

Postal Workers actually cherish their jobs and do not want to lose them. Discarding mail is a federal offense. So is voting fraud.

Why would anyone risk it.

But I have shown you that some of them do risk it.

Murder is a capital offense in some states why do people risk it?

In reality the chances of getting caught tossing mail in ballots would be pretty low I think.
Before or after?

Tossing ballots before the voter votes, they will know they did not receive their request, they can ask for another one be sent, or vote in person...

Tossing it after they filled it out and are returning g it, the mailman has no idea if he is tossing a democratic vote or a republican vote, so why bother?

But in addition, states have call numbers or internet sites set up, to see if their ballot was received.... mail the ballot early! Go and vote in person, if they do not receive it....if the absentee ballot shows up, and you voted in person, the absentee ballot is invalidated.

Why do people do most of the things they do?

Why would you trust the post office to get your ballot delivered in a timely fashion when they can't even deliver a single piece of mail across town in less than 10 days>
how often does that happen?......

How many times does it have to happen?

I guess my question is this: If the government cannot handle the Census, how is it going to manage mail-in voting?

Good question

Postal Workers actually cherish their jobs and do not want to lose them. Discarding mail is a federal offense. So is voting fraud.

In reality the chances of getting caught tossing mail in ballots would be pretty low I think.
Before or after?

Tossing ballots before the voter votes, they will know they did not receive their request, they can ask for another one be sent, or vote in person...

Tossing it after they filled it out and are returning g it, the mailman has no idea if he is tossing a democratic vote or a republican vote, so why bother?

But in addition, states have call numbers or internet sites set up, to see if their ballot was received.... mail the ballot early! Go and vote in person, if they do not receive it....if the absentee ballot shows up, and you voted in person, the absentee ballot is invalidated.

Why would you trust the post office to get your ballot delivered in a timely fashion when they can't even deliver a single piece of mail across town in less than 10 days>
The post office was extremely efficient on delivering the mail in 5 days or less if from California to Maine, and in just 2 days if within the State, UNTIL this Trump crony was put in charge in June or July..... HIS MEASURES TAKEN slowed the post delivery times, and done so intentionally imo.
Each year, the post office goes through a Christmas rush where many, many more pieces of mail are handled than will be handled in the election.

They hire additional people and the mail goes through.
And it NEVER takes ten days to deliver mail across town
Tell that to my bank.

I mailed a mortgage payment July 5 it had to be at the bank by the 15th it got there the 17th and I got hit with a late fee
Ever hear of electronic banking? Never a late payment..

Good question

yea most postal workers would not do that,just like most cops wont shoot you....

Doesn't have to be most postal workers it could be just a few
there are shitty workers in every workplace....the ones in the PO who dump mail will eventually be caught....

Good question

Before or after?

The post office was extremely efficient on delivering the mail in 5 days or less if from California to Maine, and in just 2 days if within the State, UNTIL this Trump crony was put in charge in June or July..... HIS MEASURES TAKEN slowed the post delivery times, and done so intentionally imo.
Each year, the post office goes through a Christmas rush where many, many more pieces of mail are handled than will be handled in the election.

Tell that to my bank.

I mailed a mortgage payment July 5 it had to be at the bank by the 15th it got there the 17th and I got hit with a late fee

Yeah I never set it up at this bank.

It's not my main bank it's just one that bought my mortgage

Good question

yea most postal workers would not do that,just like most cops wont shoot you....

there are shitty workers in every workplace....the ones in the PO who dump mail will eventually be caught....

Maybe maybe not.

I don't see the need for the big push for mail in ballots.

If people can go to the supermarket, the liquor store, restaurants etc they can vote in person safely.

The longer the chain the more that can go wrong.

Good question

Before or after?

Tell that to my bank.

if it had a post mark on it thats all your mortgage company needed to know you mailed on time...and if the machine misread the barcode and it went somewhere else,that post mark would be on it too....machines are not infallible....

Good question

Before or after?

Tell that to my bank.

if it had a post mark on it thats all your mortgage company needed to know you mailed on time...and if the machine misread the barcode and it went somewhere else,that post mark would be on it too....machines are not infallible....

Nope.

My mortgage bill specifies that it must be received by the due date.

Good question

Before or after?

all those so called measures were happening long before trump or this new PMG got there....
I disagree on that Harry, it shows a specific correlation to his hire, and memos from him, and the slow down happening is what I've read and saw in the hearing with him in congress.
you can disagree all you want.....they have always takin collection boxes out and have always moved machines around and have stopped OT many times over the years i worked there.....i would bet these things were going on in the months before he took over...

Good question

Before or after?

mistakes can happen anywhere on any job.....

Good question

Before or after?

Tell that to my bank.

Perhaps you should have told that to the percentage of people given mortgages that helped to cause the 2008 banking crisis. Most of them never paid debts back. And were Progs.

Good question

Before or after?

Tell that to my bank.

Perhaps you should have told that to the percentage of people given mortgages that helped to cause the 2008 banking crisis. Most of them never paid debts back. And were Progs.
I can tell by yer demographics data you don't speak the truth with facts.

Good question

Before or after?

mistakes can happen anywhere on any job.....
exactly why I won't trust the post office with a ballot

Good question

Maybe maybe not.

If people can go to the supermarket, the liquor store, restaurants etc they can vote in person safely.

trump has overblown this whole thing .....and the democrats and the postal unions have also overblown their side....

Good question

Maybe maybe not.

trump has overblown this whole thing .....and the democrats and the postal unions have also overblown their side....

I agree there is absolutely no need to expand mail in ballots beyond absentee ballots.

Good question

Before or after?

Tell that to my bank.

Nope.

then you have a pretty shitty mortgage company.........

Good question

Before or after?

all those so called measures were happening long before trump or this new PMG got there....
I disagree on that Harry, it shows a specific correlation to his hire, and memos from him, and the slow down happening is what I've read and saw in the hearing with him in congress.
you can disagree all you want.....they have always takin collection boxes out and have always moved machines around and have stopped OT many times over the years i worked there.....i would bet these things were going on in the months before he took over...
Records show, the days at a time in delay began after he took his position there.... And not due to machines he had removed, those came later....

Good question

Maybe maybe not.

I agree there is absolutely no need to expand mail in ballots beyond absentee ballots.
i agree there is a big difference between a requested absentee ballot compared to just every registered voter getting one....

Good question

Before or after?

Tell that to my bank.

Nope.

then you have a pretty shitty mortgage company.........
It is what it is.

Good question

Maybe maybe not.

41 states have absentee ballot by request, 5 states are mail in voting, and have been for a while, only 4 states have added mailing ballots to all registered voters, with voting in person also available.

I believe those 4 states are heavily democratic states, whose electors would go to the democratic contestant with or without, universal mail in voting.... So it matters naught, how they handle their own elections....as per the Constitution, they run their own elections, within their own State.... the President or any federal agency or congress, can not tell them how to run it.

Good question

Before or after?

Records show, the days at a time in delay began after he took his position there.... And not due to machines he had removed, those came later....
care the PO has been doing all those things in the years i worked there.....and the lady who just retired, her big thing was reducing OT which im sure whatever policy she put forth was in effect at the time the new guy took over....when i retired they were closing the station i worked out of,which was the most lucrative station in Anaheim.....why would they do that?....many things postal management does is pretty mind boggling....

Forum List

Back