The Card (1952)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
An adaptation of the Arnold Bennet novel set in the Potteries and starring Alec Guinness and Glynis Johns.

Guinness plays a bright working class lad on the make and the film follows the various adventures he encounters en route. You jeep expecting him to turn villain but he does it all with an optimistic good nature. Glynis Johns dominates every scene she is in as you would expect.

An entertaining film and an interesting historical perspective on a long departed industrial Britain. I know Burslem slightly and it looks pretty much the same.

Its on the Youtube if you fancy it.

An adaptation of the Arnold Bennet novel set in the Potteries and starring Alec Guinness and Glynis Johns.

Guinness plays a bright working class lad on the make and the film follows the various adventures he encounters en route. You jeep expecting him to turn villain but he does it all with an optimistic good nature. Glynis Johns dominates every scene she is in as you would expect.

An entertaining film and an interesting historical perspective on a long departed industrial Britain. I know Burslem slightly and it looks pretty much the same.

Sodom Released is a banned horror movie in Great Britain.

Sodom Released is a banned horror movie in Great Britain.
Whats it about ?

New Topics

Forum List

Back