The California Republican Party is dead, according to California Republicans

Cali was done long ago...let them drown in their nearly one trillion dollar unfunded public debt...and eventually the chickens will come home to roost.
The nation as a whole has 21 trillion dollar debt. Thanks, Trump!, As goes California, goes the nation. Be careful what you wish, you may get it.

I'm against all debt and a fiscal Conservative...not a left loon like you, moron

Oh and Trump isn't responsible for 21 trillion in debt you clueless dumb fucker, your boy ran up a shit load too
You voted for Trump because you bought into his fiscally responsible bullshit and he ballooned the debt not to mention the deficit. So you give Trump a pass. Obama's debt was due to your boy W. destroying the US economy in 2008. But you ignore that little fact. Trump's debt was gratuitous. His tax cuts reckless. The piper will be paid. You support Trump regardless of his debt and deficit busting budget. But in the meantime continue with the fiction and self-delusion that you are a "fiscal conservative."

Well no, shit head I've stated more than once my vote went to Trump for two reasons, SCOTUS and this inane, insane PC bullshit.

You started with a lie and were swiftly bitch slapped
LOL. Really, that was funny. Did you support Trump's budget busting policies, yes or no?

I had no delusions any president is going to solve the debt and budget woes. A fool would. It will take massive cuts, a willing Congress and President and even then take years. It's a pipe dream

You got smacked down, own it and move on, lefty

This is the beginning of republican woes unless they change. California is gone. The NE US is gone. There is a walkaway movement, people are walking away from the republican party.

"In the wake of a near-political annihilation in California that has left even longtime conservative stronghold Orange County bereft of a single Republican in the House of Representatives, a growing chorus of GOP loyalists here say there’s only one hope for reviving the flatlining party: Blow it up and start again from scratch.

That harsh assessment comes as Republicans survey the damage from the devastation of a “blue tsunami” in California which wiped out five GOP-held House seats — with more still threatened — while handing every statewide seat and a supermajority to the Democrats in both houses of the state legislature this week.

Just two days ago, Democrat Katie Porter officially bested her Republican opponent, Mimi Walters, for a congressional seat in Orange County, of all places — which has suddenly turned solidly blue.

That’s a sea change that virtually no one saw coming two years ago."

More.

“The California Republican Party isn’t salvageable at this time. The Grand Old Party is dead,” wrote former state GOP Assembly leader Kristin Olsen, who startled fellow Republicans with a brutally frank op-ed this week saying Republicans must acknowledge their “serious problem” in California, particularly the effects of toxicity of President Trump.

GOP strategist John Weaver, who has worked California races and also has represented the presidential campaign of Ohio governor John Kasich, seconded Olsen’s view, tweeting that the effects of the Trump presidency have doomed any chance of resurrection. “In one fell swoop Trump & Republicans who willingly handcuffed themselves to him have turned Orange County into a GOP wasteland,’’ he tweeted this week. “You want to see the future? Look no further than the demographic death spiral in the place once considered a cornerstone of the party.”

California GOP political consultant Mike Madrid sees the heart of the problem as Donald Trump’s policies and rhetoric, and the party’s tendency these days to follow his lead and put all their eggs in one basket of deplorables.

The California Republican Party is dead, according to California Republicans

Keep following Trump lemmings.

th
One party rule sure helped black Americans.

LMFAO

The nation as a whole has 21 trillion dollar debt. Thanks, Trump!, As goes California, goes the nation. Be careful what you wish, you may get it.

I'm against all debt and a fiscal Conservative...not a left loon like you, moron

Oh and Trump isn't responsible for 21 trillion in debt you clueless dumb fucker, your boy ran up a shit load too
You voted for Trump because you bought into his fiscally responsible bullshit and he ballooned the debt not to mention the deficit. So you give Trump a pass. Obama's debt was due to your boy W. destroying the US economy in 2008. But you ignore that little fact. Trump's debt was gratuitous. His tax cuts reckless. The piper will be paid. You support Trump regardless of his debt and deficit busting budget. But in the meantime continue with the fiction and self-delusion that you are a "fiscal conservative."

Well no, shit head I've stated more than once my vote went to Trump for two reasons, SCOTUS and this inane, insane PC bullshit.

LOL. Really, that was funny. Did you support Trump's budget busting policies, yes or no?

I had no delusions any president is going to solve the debt and budget woes. A fool would. It will take massive cuts, a willing Congress and President and even then take years. It's a pipe dream

You got smacked down, own it and move on, lefty

It's unreasonable to expect public officials to balance a budget and pay off the debt when a majority of Americans don't do it with their own life

Cali was done long ago...let them drown in their nearly one trillion dollar unfunded public debt...and eventually the chickens will come home to roost.

Your chickens are already home. White supremacy is killing the Republican brand. Keep going after immigrants, gays, non-whites and women. It's working well for you.

Keep backing misogynistic, racist assholes and see how long you retain any seats anywhere.

It's plain that the new demographic there doesn't want the GOP message.... That's fine. Changing the message is not the answer. And yes... California can no longer support it's citizens. Let them stew. It's what they choose.

Jo

If the gop.had some brains and some integrity, i think a limited government message would be a winner.

What the GOP or any political party for that matter have to learn to live with is that sometimes people choose not to choose them....it's not always a problem to be solved ...sometimes it is simply a fact to be dealt with and lived with. That's the problem with career politicians....they depend on the paycheck so any time they lose instead of taking on the chin and becoming moral leaders they look for ways to get the paycheck back which includes compromise in order to get the votes.

JO

And your solution is burst everyone else's budget instead right?

JO

Digest this stupid
California now the world's 5th largest economy, beating out the UK

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/.../california...5th.../583508002/

May 5, 2018 - California's recent boom in real estate and financial services may the reason why the state is now part of the world's top 5 largest economies.
460 billion in debt, Ed.

A left loon doesn't comprehend debt...and that debt will crush them at some point, it's inevitable
And what about the TRUMP debt or doesn't that count??
This isn't about Trump, this is about Ca. Want to talk about Trump's debt, make a thread on it.
Pardon me I assumed debt is debt especially when one bashes a state without bashing a countries leader

Care to explain what California’s debt has to do with the president?

Obama's debt was due to your boy W. destroying the US economy in 2008.

No, it wasn’t, but that’s a creative excuse for tools like you

Does this help taz?
Just about every policy Donald Trump imposes to make his America great is opposed by the world's fifth-largest economy. That would be California, which is growing faster and outperforming the U.S. in job growth, manufacturing, personal income, corporate profits and the total return of its bonds. The most populous U.S. state, with 39.5 million people, supplanted the U.K. as No. 5 in the world with an equivalent gross domestic product of more than $2.7 trillion, increasing $127 billion last year, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Trump attributes the prosperity of the U.S. economy during his 17 months as president to his evisceration of environmental regulations and other consumer protections, abandoning the Paris climate accord, aggressively deporting undocumented immigrants, prohibiting people from certain nations (mostly majority Muslim) from emigrating to the U.S., prosecuting sanctuary cities for protecting immigrants, cutting taxes most for corporations and the rich, and appointing a Supreme Court justice who just wrote the 5-4 decision limiting the rights of tens of millions of workers.

Jerry Brown, California's longest-serving governor, takes the opposite approach, and his state thrives. California is the global leader among governments committed to safeguarding the planet from climate change. Corporate California's revenues from clean energy companies dwarf those of the other 49 states or any country. The state's auto emissions law, now contested by the Trump administration, is the nation's most stringent. The legislature voted to become a sanctuary state, preventing police from participating in federal enforcement or asking people about their immigration status. The same assembly also made California the first state to declare a $15-an-hour minimum wage and to require solar panels on new homes. Its citizens approved Proposition 30, temporarily raising personal income and sales taxes to fund education.

California's Growth Outpaces the Nation's GDP

Does this help taz?
Just about every policy Donald Trump imposes to make his America great is opposed by the world's fifth-largest economy. That would be California, which is growing faster and outperforming the U.S. in job growth, manufacturing, personal income, corporate profits and the total return of its bonds. The most populous U.S. state, with 39.5 million people, supplanted the U.K. as No. 5 in the world with an equivalent gross domestic product of more than $2.7 trillion, increasing $127 billion last year, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Trump attributes the prosperity of the U.S. economy during his 17 months as president to his evisceration of environmental regulations and other consumer protections, abandoning the Paris climate accord, aggressively deporting undocumented immigrants, prohibiting people from certain nations (mostly majority Muslim) from emigrating to the U.S., prosecuting sanctuary cities for protecting immigrants, cutting taxes most for corporations and the rich, and appointing a Supreme Court justice who just wrote the 5-4 decision limiting the rights of tens of millions of workers.

Jerry Brown, California's longest-serving governor, takes the opposite approach, and his state thrives. California is the global leader among governments committed to safeguarding the planet from climate change. Corporate California's revenues from clean energy companies dwarf those of the other 49 states or any country. The state's auto emissions law, now contested by the Trump administration, is the nation's most stringent. The legislature voted to become a sanctuary state, preventing police from participating in federal enforcement or asking people about their immigration status. The same assembly also made California the first state to declare a $15-an-hour minimum wage and to require solar panels on new homes. Its citizens approved Proposition 30, temporarily raising personal income and sales taxes to fund education.

While that’s all quite interesting I’m not entirely sure what that has to do with what I said

460 billion in debt, Ed.

A left loon doesn't comprehend debt...and that debt will crush them at some point, it's inevitable
This isn't about Trump, this is about Ca. Want to talk about Trump's debt, make a thread on it.
Pardon me I assumed debt is debt especially when one bashes a state without bashing a countries leader

Care to explain what California’s debt has to do with the president?}}
How much money does Cal a blue state get from the Feds compared to red states?

Perhaps you should direct that question to your Democratic members of Congress who love wealth redistribution and ask yourself why you keep voting for it

And that was not an answer to my question

The nation is watching how damaging one party rule is....California's elections have been fraudulent for decades....worse than Florida.....people going from one polling place to another filling out provisional ballots....illegal aliens voting and voter rolls that haven't been checked out for years....its a big waste of time to vote in California....

Yep that's why democrats have the house now because 1 party rule doesn't work. Because 1 party never ruled California.

Perhaps you should direct that question to your Democratic members of Congress who love wealth redistribution and ask yourself why you keep voting for it

And that was not an answer to my question[/QUOTE
I'm looking for an answer that might satisfy you I might not find it and my post might just disappear

I guess Hollywood would have to move to a more viable and economically vibrant part of the country like Alabama or Mississippi

California itself is quickly becoming a shithole state -- property values there are plummeting because of how all of the people are moving out and no one is willing to move in -- oh wait!

This is what they been saying about Cali for the past 40 years

Before you dismiss it out of hand suffice it to say that California was a powerhouse at one time and it took this long for it to be brought down....but down in comes spunky...they are just now crossing the thresholds of doom with the statistical outlay. One in particular is the lowest per captia income in the US...that is a very bad sign dude. But you go on...keep taking in non tax payers and chasing away the contributors.....please do.

JO

Does this help taz?

You're not right.... In fact it's so bad... You're not even wrong.

The Federal subsidies to California are the only thing holding it up from total collapse and that goes especially for the alternative energy industry. In fact they owe Trump a huge debt of gratitude for tariffs on super cheap Chinese solar panels which were domnating the market here up to just a few months ago.

Jo

Last edited:

I think that republicans are the ones for wealth redistribution.

I think that republicans are the ones for wealth redistribution.
you dont have to think it, because it actually is.
And if it wasnt for republican policy, we'd be in surplus.

Really you republicans don't have a leg to stand on trying to argue about debt or much of anything pertaining to economics.

Forum List

Back