The Business of Cowards

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
If no one stands up to the "woke", they will never stop.

PepsiCo announces rebrand of Aunt Jemima as Pearl Milling Company

Pearl Milling Company. How lame.

Should call it "Staggerin' Mick's". I wouldn't mind at all.

drunken-irishman-clipart-11.jpg

I am always amazed how words come to define and manage the minds of some people. 'Woke' is the latest, no need to think whether any particular topic is important relevant or nonsense, just give the easily led a word and they follow. Buzz words for thought, I need to check into topic as mind control is an interesting phenom.

I am always amazed how words come to define and manage the minds of some people. 'Woke' is the latest, no need to think whether any particular topic is important relevant or nonsense, just give the easily led a word and they follow. Buzz words for thought, I need to check into topic as mind control is an interesting phenom.

Well, those who claim to be so named themselves, and it is obvious they are not.

Sounds like a store brand one would encounter at Aldi's or something. "Pearl Milling" doesn't sound like a name brand commanding a premium price. Pepsi is going to have to spend a lot of money promoting this.

I don't know about "Staggering Mick", but a brand mascot definitely is a positive for domestic food brand. A big boned broad wearing a babushka, could send a message telling shoppers that this is good food, the kind their grandmother would serve them. A smiling face is a positive for the promotion of this kind of product

Well, it IS a good idea to get rid of names that hurt the feelings of certain folks.

I am 83.

So I well remember those folks were regularly ridiculed in motion pictures.

And I remember reading that movie theaters in the South would refuse to screen movies that showed those folks in a positive role, unless those scenes were removed for the South.

I assume that Uncle Ben's rice will be the next to change its name.

Because of India's association with the eating of rice, how about calling it "Mama Shobha's" with a smiling East Indian gal with the traditional red dot on her forehead to promote it?

Nothing reveals your stance on language and mind control quite like your referencing one of the chief protagonists in that very business, a man whose flowery prose is designed to impress, but also distort.

Well, it IS a good idea to get rid of names that hurt the feelings of certain folks.

I am 83.

And I remember reading that movie theaters in the South would refuse to screen movies that showed those folks in a positive role, unless those scenes were removed for the South.

Again, the past is the past. The people who were "offended" are likely not around anymore. What good does changing the name do now, or who really even cares? Now I could see WW(Weight Watchers) changed to FBG(Fat Black Grifter)

I am 83.

Again, the past is the past. The people who were "offended" are likely not around anymore. What good does changing the name do now, or who really even cares? Now I could see WW(Weight Watchers) changed to FBG(Fat Black Grifter)

But they ARE still "around."

They now constitute reportedly about 14% of the population.

Everything is being done to change names, remove statues, appoint them to top positions, etc. in order to show contrition for past injustice.

Have a nice day!

I am 83.

But they ARE still "around."

They now constitute reportedly about 14% of the population.

Everything is being done to change names, remove statues, appoint them to top positions, etc. in order to show contrition for past injustice.

Have a nice day!
If they are still around, and still sooooo concerned about the past, maybe they should think about the shortened future they may still have and not stupid things.

You have a nice day

Next is Uncle Bens.

Black Eyed Peas will rename themselves " Eyed Peas of Color"

I heard a rumor that weather forecasters now need to call it "Ice of color" becuase black ice is a racist term.

Next, the Batman movie will be pulled....you know...."Black Knight"...

it should have been called "the knight of color"

If you get a black eye, it will be referred to as an eye of color.......but that will confuse people because the eye actually HAS color....you know, Blue, Green, Brown, Hazel.

What next? White rice considered rice of privelage?

Blackboard? A board of color?

Aunt Jemima is a legend in commerce. 350 million americans know the name and the only ones that have an issue with it are those that have an issue with everything.

Ou of fucking control

Funny how some whites think they get to define whats insulting to others. There is nothing wrong with being "woke." You don't diminish racism by keeping symbols of racism.

If somebody black named a company that, yes you would. Your ass is one of the first to cry about somebody being a racist when examples of actual white racism is presented.

Nope. I actually have a skin. I could not care less.

If somebody black named a company that, yes you would. Your ass is one of the first to cry about somebody being a racist when examples of actual white racism is presented.

Nope. I actually have a skin. I could not care less.
Thick skin has nothing to do with this. Centuries of negative treatmeant by law, policy and business practices does.

The Irish were treated like shit by the Brits, and by Americans when they emigrated here. "No dogs or Irishmen" was commonly posted.

It pissed them off. Shortly thereafter they dominated politics and the oil industry.

Grow the fuck up.

Forum List

Back