The biggest and most constant nonsense from the right, that we are a Christian nation

Until we can formally designate America as a Christian nation, we will spiral further down in atheism by default. Nobody would think that's better.
Rediculous , we have never been a Christian nation, The only degradation of Christianity that I see is from the right. And that's where all the Christian wackos are.

1. The last commandment isn't about the Sabbath.
2. Atheists regularly violate pretty much all the others.
That's nonsense. what a pile of crap. Atheist and agnostic support 9 of the 10 commandments by a majority , usually a major majority. My guess is you are one of the wacko rightist's I'm talking about, Do you want to give us your political lean.

Sabbath is Saturday. And that commandment is the 4th.

1. Do not have any other gods.
  2. Do not make or worship idols.
  3. Do not disrespect or misuse God’s name.
  4. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
  5. Honour your mother and father.
  6. Do not commit murder.
  7. Do not commit adultery.
  8. Do not steal.
  9. Do not tell lies
  10. Do not be envious of others.
Correct , it's the tenth on the list of percentages that support that commandment. Being the only one under 50% 47% is what it is .

Sabbath is Saturday. And that commandment is the 4th.

1. Do not have any other gods.
  2. Do not make or worship idols.
  3. Do not disrespect or misuse God’s name.
  4. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
  5. Honour your mother and father.
  6. Do not commit murder.
  7. Do not commit adultery.
  8. Do not steal.
  9. Do not tell lies
  10. Do not be envious of others.
In old testament law that is suppose to be dropped by Jesus Yes after Moses it was designated to Saturday. . If you believe the bible God instituted the Sabath in Eden. Ok then find me one reference in the bible before Moses that says the Sabbath is Saturday. Your challenge of the day.

There is no mention of the 613 commandments till the third century. and not one suggestion before that time. After that time there has been multiple numbers proclaimed other then 613 by people with the same credentials as Rabbi Simlai

There is no mention of the 613 commandments till the third century. and not one suggestion before that time. After that time there has been multiple numbers proclaimed other then 613 by people with the same credentials as Rabbi Simlai
OUR reading and understanding of OUR Holy book. Unlike fundamentalists, we analyze and interpret our scriptures. Judaism is a living religion.

OUR reading and understanding of OUR Holy book. Unlike fundamentalists, we analyze and interpret our scriptures. Judaism is a living religion.
I'm sure you do so you should be able to respond to my comment.

I'm sure you do so you should be able to respond to my comment.
Talmud is roughly 2nd century CE. Codification of the commandments started with Talmud and the debate and interpretation of Torah and the Oral law. RAMBAM codified them.

Talmud is roughly 2nd century CE. Codification of the commandments started with Talmud and the debate and interpretation of Torah and the Oral law. RAMBAM codified them.
First whats the difference , the point is The number was never suggested untill the third century , The 613 came in the third century introduced by Rabbi Simlai as I said before. >Rabbi Simlai He was a famous aggadist, and the calculation of 613 Mitzvot is attributed to him.[8] According to the Palestinian tradition, he frequently debated the Christians.[9]" Simlai - Wikipedia If you don't like this source , I can bring it from another 100 sources saying exactly the same thing.
And one more time "If you believe the bible God instituted the Sabath in Eden. Ok then find me one reference in the bible before Moses that says the Sabbath is Saturday. Your challenge of the day."

First whats the difference , the point is The number was never suggested untill the third century , The 613 came in the third century introduced by Rabbi Simlai as I said before. >Rabbi Simlai He was a famous aggadist, and the calculation of 613 Mitzvot is attributed to him.[8] According to the Palestinian tradition, he frequently debated the Christians.[9]" Simlai - Wikipedia If you don't like this source , I can bring it from another 100 sources saying exactly the same thing.
And one more time "If you believe the bible God instituted the Sabath in Eden. Ok then find me one reference in the bible before Moses that says the Sabbath is Saturday. Your challenge of the day."
Our Book, our calendar.

Now I want to point out that I'm a Christian,and my religion starts when Christ was born , the rest I am agnostic about. , . But I'm not attacking anyone's religion but what I am attacking is the hypocrisy of the church and the individual interpretation of the bible for their own good , Making it totally compatible with the ugliness that man carries. I will go one step further , I'm talking about the right wing who I believe are simply fake Christians by a majority.

I don't even know what that means.Are you trying to suggest that this is a answer to anything?
Torah is our Holy book. We derive our calendar from it. By our counting, Saturday is the 7th day. And read the rules of Shabbat. Xtian can hardly be accused of following them.

Forum List

Back