The big question about life on other planets: 1000000000000000000000 planets in the universe

probable doesnt mean they are,,it just means they think they are
Of course. Very few things in the study of the universe are totally certain. But the combination of evidence in the details of each dip and the regular sequence of dips leaves no other idea that would supplant the idea of planetary discovery.

probable doesnt mean they are,,it just means they think they are
Of course. Very few things in the study of the universe are totally certain. But the combination of evidence in the details of each dip and the regular sequence of dips leaves no other idea that would supplant the idea of planetary discovery.

lack of another option is not sound science,,,

Of course it isn't. It should be considered a hypothesis until a better one comes. Indirect evidence is the only thing to go by in astronomy. That's why you get religious people on the science forum claiming the earth is a few thousand years old, and denying the big bang was billions of years old and denying radioactive dating methods.

If you want to believe the Hubble findings are not planets. Fine go ahead.

Of course it isn't. It should be considered a hypothesis until a better one comes. Indirect evidence is the only thing to go by in astronomy. That's why you get religious people on the science forum claiming the earth is a few thousand years old, and denying the big bang was billions of years old and denying radioactive dating methods.

If you want to believe the Hubble findings are not planets. Fine go ahead.

do you have any proof of the big bang or that it happened billions of yrs ago???
no you dont,,,thats all opinion

do you have any proof of the big bang or that it happened billions of yrs ago???
Nothing in science can be proved. Basic physics is composed of mathematical models. That's it. Experiments or observed data drive the models. Models in basic physics agree with experiment with an accuracy of parts per billion to trillion. Models involving astrophysics, geophysics, or climate, etc. are much less accurate.

If you want to believe something else, fine go ahead.

Nothing in science can be proved. Basic physics is composed of mathematical models. That's it. Experiments or observed data drive the models. Models in basic physics agree with experiment with an accuracy of parts per billion to trillion. Models involving astrophysics, geophysics, or climate, etc. are much less accurate.

Wait, so now there's no such thing as "Settled science"?

Wait, so now there's no such thing as "Settled science"?
Never has been. It is the nature of science to improve accuracy in the face of new evidence.

so far there is nothing I can believe in,,my choices are creation based on faith and evolution based on lies and assumptions of what happened billions of yrs ago, which requires another form of faith not to mention there is a lot of evidence against evolution,,

so far there is nothing I can believe in,,my choices are creation based on faith and evolution based on lies and assumptions of what happened billions of yrs ago, which requires another form of faith not to mention there is a lot of evidence against evolution,,
Your goofy conspiracy theories regarding science are funny,,,,

That is so sad. Maybe you shouldn't visit this science & technology forum.

are you saying I should stop looking for the truth??

now that would be sad

now that would be sad
If you are expecting answers here. That is sad actually

now that would be sad
Yes it would be sad, but you seem to be so nihilistic about science and what it can mean.
how so???
because I dont accept what I am told to accept???

science is just that,,observation and study, and at no time can we today observe something that happened 13.5 billion yrs ago and that not even getting into the problems with that opinion. and that is just one of the 5 levels of evolution, the evo theory falls even further when you start to consider the other 4,,
and again thats not even taking into account the lies pushed by evo's to support the theory.

now that would be sad
Yes it would be sad, but you seem to be so nihilistic about science and what it can mean.
how so???

science is just that,,observation and study, and at no time can we today observe something that happened 13.5 billion yrs ago and that not even getting into the problems with that opinion. and that is just one of the 5 levels of evolution, the evo theory falls even further when you start to consider the other 4,,
and again thats not even taking into account the lies pushed by evo's to support the theory.
Nothing is known, not even what vcd we are. Strange but true

now that would be sad
how so???

Nobody is telling you to accept anything unless you are taking a science class and don't want to fail. Most studies of the universe and early earth involve indirect evidence. If you don't want to accept that type of evidence there is no harm done and we go our separate ways.

now that would be sad
how so???

Nobody is telling you to accept anything unless you are taking a science class and don't want to fail. Most studies of the universe and early earth involve indirect evidence. If you don't want to accept that type of evidence there is no harm done and we go our separate ways.

no such thing as indirect science,,,thats called guessing or just makin shit up,,,

real science is observation and study,,,look it up,,,

now that would be sad
how so???

no such thing as indirect science,,,thats called guessing or just makin shit up,,,

real science is observation and study,,,look it up,,,
Everything about the universe is a guess

Everything

Forum List

Back