The big mistake Americans made was thinking a business man can create jobs as president

The unemployment rate didn't drop like a rock till after January 2009 when the Republicans came in and got rid of 99 weeks of unemployment.

Republicans didn't get control until 2011, which was well after the unemployment rate started its constant downward rate from 2010 onward.

1589147525257.png

The unemployment rate didn't drop like a rock till after January 2009 when the Republicans came in and got rid of 99 weeks of unemployment.

Republicans didn't get control until 2011, which was well after the unemployment rate started its constant downward rate from 2010 onward.

View attachment 334445
You're trying to communicate with people who, among their ranks, blame Obama for the Meltdown.

That is a level of willful ignorance that probably cannot be breached, regardless of the evidence you present.

I warned you. Claiming the republicans came in (took control) of congress in January 2009.

Second that the unemployment rate dropped like a rock starting in January 2009, when it continued to climb for another 10 months.

If you want to demand graphs, please start with a post that the graphs don't completely destroy your claim

View attachment 334445
You're trying to communicate with people who, among their ranks, blame Obama for the Meltdown.

That is a level of willful ignorance that probably cannot be breached, regardless of the evidence you present.

And Gene thinks the $3 billion wasted on Cash for clunkers in July 2009,
ended the recession by June 2009.

I gave him two warnings that what he was saying was completely wrong. But he insisted on embarrassing himself.

It's not my fault.

I gave him two warnings that what he was saying was completely wrong. But he insisted on embarrassing himself.

It's not my fault.
Well, all they know is what they're taught by talk radio. That means at least half of reality is not even on their radar.

They've been taught to view any and all contrary information as "fake news", so in a way, they're like victims. Kind of.

Um so how? Seriously think about it. How? How does business experience translate into GOVERNMENT policy of economic growth? Sure, It sounds reasonable to say a business man knows how to create jobs for a nation, but their experience really only applies to a private business creating jobs. It doesn’t apply to knowledge in economics on a macro level. Trump himself barely even qualifies either way. Daddy gave him 10’s of millions of dollars in the 80’s with 80’s dollar inflation. Trump would be a Wal-Mart greeter today if it weren’t daddy.

Also, think of what big corporations actually do in America. The CEO and board have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize profit. How, in part, do they do this? By minimizing as much investment into labor as possible.

They ask the question “well, we would prefer to pay the minimum wage, but we also want to make our job positions attractive enough so that people will still take them. How high do we need to make the wage to fulfill that basic need? Obviously we aren’t concerned whether or not someone can live off the wage. That’s their problem.”

None of that shit is wisdom meant for benefiting citizens on an egalitarian level.
Being a businessman doesn't guarantee that a person will be better at creating jobs, or that they won't.

It's more about leadership, pragmatism, understanding of macroeconomics and effective communication skills.

Trump lacks those qualities, obviously, but he did inherit a falling unemployment rate.

View attachment 334445

Fuck you, when did I ever blame Obama for the melt down?

Obama slowed the recovery down with his threats of $15 bucks an hour minimum wage, Obama care...

I am arguing with idiots who can't tell me what did Obama do?

He was an anti business, anti jobs, anti fracking, anti drilling, anti pipeline president, the only one who saved him was Republican govenors and Janet yellen

View attachment 334445

Fuck you, when did I ever blame Obama for the melt down?

Obama slowed the recovery down with his threats of $15 bucks an hour minimum wage, Obama care...

I am arguing with idiots who can't tell me what did Obama do?

He was an anti business, anti jobs, anti fracking, anti drilling, anti pipeline president, the only one who saved him was Republican govenors and Janet yellen
Try to calm down.

It's not my fault.
Well, all they know is what they're taught by talk radio. That means at least half of reality is not even on their radar.

They've been taught to view any and all contrary information as "fake news", so in a way, they're like victims. Kind of.
This isn't the first time people get their facts wrong because they give a recollection of a carefully worded talking point they heard.

An example is when they say that 44% of people don't pay taxes.

The quote is actually that 44% of people don't pay federal income tax. Not taxes in total. Even the poorest of the poor pay a shitload of taxes, from sales tax, social security tax, gasoline tax, the list is endless. The governments great and small have their hands picking your pocket, but it's only federal income tax that almost half the people don't pay.

It's not my fault.

Again fuck you

I am taught by living through it and researching asshole fake conservative

It's not my fault.

This isn't the first time people get their facts wrong because they give a recollection of a carefully worded talking point they heard.

An example is when they say that 44% of people don't pay taxes.

The quote is actually that 44% of people don't pay federal income tax. Not taxes in total. Even the poorest of the poor pay a shitload of taxes, from sales tax, social security tax, gasoline tax, the list is endless. The governments great and small have their hands picking your pocket, but it's only federal income tax that almost half the people don't pay.
Because I am arguing with an idiot, who changes the goal post and refuses to tell us what Obama did besides cash for clunkers and copying off Bush Jr.

It's not my fault.

Again fuck you

I am taught by living through it and researching asshole fake conservative
What is this "fake conservative" stuff?

And I lived through it as CFP/Investment Advisor and have studied it for 10 years. You're out of your league here.

Being a businessman doesn't guarantee that a person will be better at creating jobs, or that they won't.

It's more about leadership, pragmatism, understanding of macroeconomics and effective communication skills.

Trump lacks those qualities, obviously, but he did inherit a falling unemployment rate.

Herbert Hoover was a successful businessman

He opened his own mining consulting business in 1908; by 1914, Hoover was financially secure, earning his wealth from high-salaried positions, his ownership of profitable Burmese silver mines, and royalties from writing the leading textbook on mining engineering.

That didn't work out well.

Again my graph, Obama stimulous kicked in 2009, the unemployment went up didn't shoot back down. Till the Republicans got both houses and got rid of the 99 weeks of unemployment

Herbert Hoover was a successful businessman

He opened his own mining consulting business in 1908; by 1914, Hoover was financially secure, earning his wealth from high-salaried positions, his ownership of profitable Burmese silver mines, and royalties from writing the leading textbook on mining engineering.

That didn't work out well.
Two very different required skill sets. So it depends largely on the individual's personal abilities.

Again my graph, Obama stimulous kicked in 2009, the unemployment went up didn't shoot back down. Till the Republicans got both houses and got rid of the 99 weeks of unemployment
Once more with gusto. The unemployment started going down (steadily) in 2010.

The republicans didn't take control until a year later, where the rate that unemployment declined (slope of the graph) didn't change.

Forum List

Back