Zone1 The Bible tells us that his world is evil and that it is ruled by Satan

What gets me is when churchy folk start proclaiming the Bible is Gods word not to be questioned when most of it is just old rehashed stories handed down from the Summerians.
Yes, we believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God written by men.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God[a] may be complete, equipped for every good work.

In the end, my brother, you too will be with God in his kingdom because he created you, loves you, and will not permit you to be lost, at least not forever. :)

You are correct, do not have much use for religion at all. I consider it nothing more than a tool to control people.
God is love. God judges but he does so righteously. God is also merciful, particularly to those that show mercy. Christianity can be summed up by Jesus's "Great Commandment", which is to LOVE God and to LOVE one another.

Why should we love God? Every good thing in our lives is a gift from God. Our lives and our existence are gifts from God given to us out of LOVE. Your children? Gifts from God. Your animal companions? Gifts from God. All of the good in our lives are because of God. Thank and praise God for his amazing gifts to you.

Matthew 22:36-39

36 Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Hahahaha, their God gave man free will and then destroyed them because they were not doing his bidding.
I always like that free will stuff

I don't think it is a murder or rape victim's "free will" to be murdered and raped but the god of the bible doesn't think those victims should be protected from the "free will" of a murderer or rapist.

I always like that free will stuff

I don't think it is a murder or rape victim's "free will" to be murdered and raped but the god of the bible doesn't think those victims should be protected from the "free will" of a murderer or rapist.
I wouldn't believe in your perception of the God of the Bible either.

I never understood why a god would create evil.
By nature, opposition in all things exist. Simply by creating goodness and righteousness, the opposite also then exists. You can't have goodness without its opposite also existing.

Fight him, and he will flee.

It's not just "fight him", it's first "submit to God":

Jas 4:6-8 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore the scripture saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace to the humble. (7) Be subject therefore unto God; but resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (8) Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye doubleminded.

your statements here contradict one another.

for one, I can't fathom your thought that what a president does/neglects to do is going to have no affect on the earthly kingdom of God. Maybe you refer to the heavenly kingdom? Well, the Christian's job is to do whatever he can to institute the Kingdom of God on EARTH. The reason we are in all this moral filth and corruption in govt is that we have gone far from Christ--both Christians and "men of good will" (but I don't recall Jesus using that term. It seems to me there are only those who follow Christ and those who do not)
We can bring some of the qualities of the Kingdom into our own lives but not the lives of others. We keep busy (occupy) and wait for Christ.

Doesn't change the fact that your god refused to protect his "children" from a threat he created.

Your god decided to punish ALL humans in perpetuity for the sins of one of his creations and yet ignores the sin of an immortal being he created.

How any reasonably intelligent person can reconcile these types of contradiction in their religion is beyond me.
Easy. God has blinded you to the things he has revealed to us.

Forum List

Back