Zone1 The Bible tells us that his world is evil and that it is ruled by Satan

Yup.

The Bible is nothing but a collection of excerpts from other man made documents.

It's basically akin to Aesop's Fables.
If that were the case you wouldn't be here arguing over it. Or do you look for things in Aesop's Fables to criticize as much as you look for things to criticize in the the bible too?

If that were the case you wouldn't be here arguing over it. Or do you look for things in Aesop's Fables to criticize as much as you look for things to criticize in the the bible too?
^^ Bingo.

The truth is, these little satanic twerps hate the Bible because it speaks the truth.

They don’t like God, so they want to be their own gods, create whatever reality and rules as it pleases them.

Yeah, it seems like a disingenuous argument to me too.
What I got was that Blues Man posted like he believed in Satan as some kind of "immortal being" and I couldn't help but thinking that he was into some kind of game of "gotcha". In all fairness there's sooo much pompus nonsense w/ religion that I can understand the reaction of sarcasm, but at the same time the understanding of right & wrong is about the most exhalted arenas of human endeavor.

For me the need to accept folks at face value won out but he never responded.

^^ Bingo.

The truth is, these little satanic twerps hate the Bible because it speaks the truth.

They don’t like God, so they want to be their own gods, create whatever reality and rules as it pleases them.
I think it's more likely that they don't believe they can be wrong so they never consider the possibility and dismiss everything without any consideration. I don't think they are evil, they just over estimate their intellectual abilities.

What I got was that Blues Man posted like he believed in Satan as some kind of "immortal being" and I couldn't help but thinking that he was into some kind of game of "gotcha". In all fairness there's sooo much pompus nonsense w/ religion that I can understand the reaction of sarcasm, but at the same time the understanding of right & wrong is about the most exhalted arenas of human endeavor.

For me the need to accept folks at face value won out but he never responded.
I don't think he believes Satan exists at all. I think he's trying to make the argument it's illogical to believe in an all powerful and all good omnipotent being as long as "evil" exists.

I fully know your cult details for a variety of reasons but I just love upsetting SC because he takes himself so seriously .
We actually live only in the moment , not even just for today . But that is a philosophical fine distinction which only becomes useful in other contexts and outside the scope of this chat .

And, imo, there is no Creator distinct from "us" , despite your assurance to the contrary ; if you take one alternative view( mine) which is that we are inextricably part of the Godhead from the beginning which is beyond our imagination and to the end -- equally unknowable .
The Source ( better label than God) became part knowable when energy was transformed into the Materium ( here )for reasons only the Source comprehends but possibly due to a mixture of boredom and vanity in our terms .
The energy requirement from Universe is to regain balance before the split occurred . That is , to reassemble the uncountable fragments which are us when in the Materium .
Details to be posted by Source if and when ready .Joke .

BTW . The" nothing "of Space is now known to be an energy repository .No empty space , no vacuum etc .
imho.
Yeah........we know that you know the details of Christianity......your brilliant introduction of facts concerning the Holy Scriptures by Book, Chapter and Verse to prove that you know the details is breathtaking. :popcorn:

Its Clear.......you have never studied the Holy Scriptures to make yourself approved of God (2 Tim. 2:15). You are yet to rightly divide the word of truth.

The "fool" uses many words while not saying anything. (Eccl. 10:14, Prov. 10:19,17:27-28). The fool also says in his/her heart THERE IS NO GOD. (Proverbs 18:7).

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also become like unto him (A FOOL)." -- Proverbs 26:4

Jesus said it best, "Do not give to dogs what is holly (animals have no ability to comprehend the law......to know right from wrong), and do not cast your pearls among swine (hogs), least they trample them underfoot and turn on you........." -- Matthew 7:6

Last edited:
I don't think he believes Satan exists at all. I think he's trying to make the argument it's illogical to believe in an all powerful and all good omnipotent being as long as "evil" exists.
There are some folks who'd rather have an infinitely beautiful universe devoid of all discomfort --even if it meant it was devoid of all reality at the same time: a drug stupor. Me I'll take reality any day of the week and I'd give my life for all that's good and true even if it meant that I'd have to help clean up if sometimes bad things happened to good people. I understand that not everyone feels that way but hey, I can live w/ it.

There are some folks who'd rather have an infinitely beautiful universe devoid of all discomfort --even if it meant it was devoid of all reality at the same time: a drug stupor. Me I'll take reality any day of the week and I'd give my life for all that's good and true even if it meant that I'd have to help clean up if sometimes bad things happened to good people. I understand that not everyone feels that way but hey, I can live w/ it.
It's grandma's roller coaster story from Parenthood.

So God, did not create a flood to kill off all the peoples of the earth because they were not living how he thought they should?
Let's look at the story from a new perspective. We know stories of a great flood were prevalent then. This account was told in a particular way. It had a lesson to convey.

The setting: A great flood occurred because people were behaving badly. In those days, everything that happened--good or bad--was considered at act of God.

Bad behavior was a general assessment, but looking closely at the story, we learn, specifically, the bad behavior people were being warned about.

Did you pick up on what that bad behavior was?

So God, did not create a flood to kill off all the peoples of the earth because they were not living how he thought they should?
We have limited free will. In the end, God will reconcile ALL people to him, regardless of their alleged "free will".

Prior to the flood the world was extremely wicked and so God flooded it.

I presume that you don't believe in God. Am I correct?

We have limited free will. In the end, God will reconcile ALL people to him, regardless of their alleged "free will".

Prior to the flood the world was extremely wicked and so God flooded it.

I presume that you don't believe in God. Am I correct?
You are correct, do not have much use for religion at all. I consider it nothing more than a tool to control people. BUT, if folks want to indulge more power to them. What gets me is when churchy folk start proclaiming the Bible is Gods word not to be questioned when most of it is just old rehashed stories handed down from the Summerians.

Forum List

Back