Zone1 Here is a picture of Jesus watching Christians...

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
...bludgeoning one another over the head with a Bible.

head-in-hands.jpg
IMG_20221023_082248.jpg

I do have a hard time understanding how Evangelicals can be so pro Trump. It is just weird.

Isn't it interesting how we all see things so differently! President Trump?

I have a picture of Jesus by my computer, very different from the ones above. Jesus is smiling at all of us, and all I feel here when sharing thoughts and perspectives on Scripture is joy, happy with the interaction. Often, the hymn I have playing in the background is Holy Darkness.

Holy darkness, blessed night
Heaven's answers hidden from our sight
As we await you, O God of silence
We embrace your holy night.

What is best about a religion forum is that we all see things so differently. Each one, believer and non-believer both hold a different piece of the puzzle, see from different perspectives...such a marvelous mystery.

...bludgeoning one another over the head with a Bible.

View attachment 759304View attachment 759306

I'm happy that you seemed to have found renewed faith. I mean that. But you're starting post after post after post, and I'm not sure you realize you're doing just what you accuse others of here. Do you?

The parable of the sower. I am blessed to be in a congregation with many mature believers who have been in the faith a long time. They are the plants with deep roots who yield good fruit. It takes time. Mistakes will be made (oh, will they. Amen.)

Run the race marked out for you. Worry less about what other Christians are doing and more about what YOU are doing.

My two cents. God speed.

I can't lie, this is a bit of an odd post. I am just here awoken by my headache so I won't judge too much. God Bless I suppose.

But you're starting post after post after post...

I created TWO threads in the religion forum on Tuesday.

Prior to my 18-month sabbatical from this community you and I were good. I wonder what happened.

It was my attempt to bring a little levity and humor to this community.
I understand. Sorry, over the last five weeks or so my sense of humour, which I had in spades growing up; is now an absent quality of my personality. This is quite unfortunate but I am just trying to get by.

I understand. Sorry, over the last five weeks or so my sense of humour, which I had in spades growing up; is now an absent quality of my personality. This is quite unfortunate but I am just trying to get by.

No worries. This world isn't easy. I only returned to this community to try and share the word of God with those that might like to hear it. Obviously, a lot of people are angered by his words, even those who claim to be his follower.

I'm happy that you seemed to have found renewed faith. I mean that. But you're starting post after post after post, and I'm not sure you realize you're doing just what you accuse others of here. Do you?

The parable of the sower. I am blessed to be in a congregation with many mature believers who have been in the faith a long time. They are the plants with deep roots who yield good fruit. It takes time. Mistakes will be made (oh, will they. Amen.)

Run the race marked out for you. Worry less about what other Christians are doing and more about what YOU are doing.

My two cents. God speed.
I think the sexoknd last paragraph is a bit selfish actually. We need encouragement, so I welcome his posts personally, even if I don't always receive the mesage clearly.

I'm happy that you seemed to have found renewed faith.
I didn't "find" anything. I took a long break from this community because it became impossible to share and learn with other Christians here due to management's surrender of said community to an army of trolls. Things seem better now, although I don't suffer fools and I am quick to put them on "ignore" and move on from them, just as Jesus instructed.

Maybe I need to change my posting style and start telling everybody that God will burn them alive FOREVER. That seems to be the all-loving creator that most people prefer.

Forum List

Back