The Best Part of Electric Vehicles

Is you can charge them in your garage while your family is sleeping.

I love my ebike. Clean, quiet and I can ride on thousands of miles of trails motorized vehicles can’t.

My friends with normal bikes tell me how they ride 20 miles. I ride 60 miles or more.

If I took you on a ride you’d be hooked. But could you afford one? That’s the other thing. It’s a new product and good for the economy

This is a serious thing. Firefighting needs to address this because they have an issue putting the fires out in conventional ways. There are vehicle fires in the past where a metal that catches fire in that vehicle will not go out unless completely submerged in water. If the substance gets on your skin it will completely keep burning until submerged and submerged long enough to go out. Otherwise it will continue to reignite. These batteries need to be understood.

I love my ebike. Clean, quiet and I can ride on thousands of miles of trails motorized vehicles can’t.

My friends with normal bikes tell me how they ride 20 miles. I ride 60 miles or more.

If I took you on a ride you’d be hooked. But could you afford one? That’s the other thing. It’s a new product and good for the economy

Let me guess. You ride an e bike for exercise.

Make sure your smoke alarms are working and every bedroom has an emergency exit. No problem.

I've been doing a lot of experimenting with electric vehicles lately. It seems to me that the key is keeping those battery cells at the same voltage to avoid that kind of shitstorm. Once one of the cells catches on fire, that's all she wrote. They are all catching on fire. There's nothing you can do about it.

Not all lithium ion batteries are created equal. And not all battery management units are created equal.

Quality matters.

Last edited:

This is a serious thing. Firefighting needs to address this because they have an issue putting the fires out in conventional ways. There are vehicle fires in the past where a metal that catches fire in that vehicle will not go out unless completely submerged in water. If the substance gets on your skin it will completely keep burning until submerged and submerged long enough to go out. Otherwise it will continue to reignite. These batteries need to be understood.

Remember this was happening to smart phones? Do we want to ban them? Or start powering our phones with coal?

Make sure your smoke alarms are working and every bedroom has an emergency exit. No problem.

I've been doing a lot of experimenting with electric vehicles lately. It seems to me that the key is keeping those battery cells at the same voltage to avoid that kind of shitstorm.
I have zero desire to lose my home and everything in it because Al Gore says I must deal with a high risk machine.
GM is now telling all customers to not park in the garage. That’s not progress, that’s anti-progress.

Let me guess. You ride an e bike for exercise.

“This highlights the risk of poor-quality aftermarket kits that may be available to fit to any bicycle,”

I purchased my bike from an authorized dealer. This is why we don’t let people make their own cars. Is it safe? Is it environmentally friendly? Who knows if you did it yourself.

I've been doing a lot of experimenting with electric vehicles lately. It seems to me that the key is keeping those battery cells at the same voltage to avoid that kind of shitstorm.
I have zero desire to lose my home and everything in it because Al Gore says I must deal with a high risk machine.
GM is now telling all customers to not park in the garage. That’s not progress, that’s anti-progress.
Throw your cellphone out then

More fear mongering about electric vehicles

Gasoline powered cars never catch fire?

1626435417297.jpeg

I can ride on thousands of miles of trails

On a LOT of charges.
I’m just trying to explain why these bikes are so great. Out of shape 50 year old riding 70 miles on a Saturday? I’m hooked.

Oh, and currently I’ll admit these batteries suck. The technology needs to get better. It would be great if riding my bike charged my battery. I hear some do this. Mine doesn’t. And it’s about the size of a loaf of bread. And one battery only goes 30 miles give or take depending on ho much help you use. So we all had to buy an extra battery because 30 miles aint shit. $500 for a spare battery.

Ebikes are the reason batteries will get better. It’s a billion dollar industry. You republicans should love a new industry. You only hate it because your oil and coal lobbyist loving politicians are paid to deny global warming.

More fear mongering about electric vehicles

Gasoline powered cars never catch fire?

View attachment 513358

Typically NOT when they're sitting parked and being charged.
Sitting in your driveway doesn’t count?
You realize internal combustion engines carry a tank full of explosive fuel?
You want to put your children at risk?
They’re ok with gas destroying the planet but not batteries destroying their homes.

Reminds me of when they were concerned how many birds were killed by windmills.

Forum List

Back