The [Awful, Dreadful] Senate Border Bill Is Dead

Hmmmm......as I recall it didn't now that you mention it.... Kerry had a big hullabaloo over his yacht a few years back

Bush senior put a luxury tax on yachts in 1991, how did that "get money out of the wealthy"?

Kerry moved his boat to Rhode Island to avoid the Massachusetts sales and excise taxes.

unfortunately that may be true

And America will be a poorer country for it

150 years ago, some bigot like you said that about the Irish.
100 years ago, some bigot like you said that about the Germans and Italians
50 years ago, some bigot like you said that about the Polish

Seems to me we are a richer country for our diversity and the benefits these groups have brought us.

The reality is we actually need immigrants. We have a labor shortage, and an aging native population. If we want to sustain what we have, we need more immigrants in here producing goods and services.

Bush senior put a luxury tax on yachts in 1991, how did that "get money out of the wealthy"?

Kerry moved his boat to Rhode Island to avoid the Massachusetts sales and excise taxes.
I remember that big deal with Kerry.
He ended up paying the taxes after all but it was a long drawn out affair and highly contested. Nonetheless I truly believe that you'll get more from The wealthy on a consumption basis. You don't wait for them to pay the tax you include it in the sales price.

I remember that big deal with Kerry.
He ended up paying the taxes after all but it was a long drawn out affair and highly contested. Nonetheless I truly believe that you'll get more from The wealthy on a consumption basis. You don't wait for them to pay the tax you include it in the sales price.

How did the luxury tax work in 1991?

100 years ago, some bigot like you said that about the Germans and Italians
50 years ago, some bigot like you said that about the Polish

Seems to me we are a richer country for our diversity and the benefits these groups have brought us.

The reality is we actually need immigrants. We have a labor shortage, and an aging native population. If we want to sustain what we have, we need more immigrants in here producing goods and services.

150 years ago America was an underdeveloped nation struggling to catch up with the more advanced european nations and to take advantage of the Industrial Revolution

We needed unskilled labor for our factories and pioneers to settle the western states

Thats not the case today

We need doctors, engineers, scientists not illiterate ditch diggers

150 years ago America was an underdeveloped nation struggling to catch up with the more advanced european nations and to take advantage of the Industrial Revolution

We needed unskilled labor for our factories and pioneers to settle the western states

Thats not the case today

We need doctors, engineers, scientists not illiterate ditch diggers
Actually, we need both.

And if the illiterate ditch diggers were white, you'd be fine with them.

Well, you might have a point... Given the number of grammatical errors in your posts, we need to work on literacy.
I will take that post as your white flag of surrender

Its too bad that libs are too stubborn to admit when they are wrong

Naw, man, mocking your illiteracy is funny because you seem to think that literacy should be a standard.

Learn to use contractions and punctuation.
More of the same I see

I’ll take my victory lap now

Forum List

Back