The average monthly payment for a new car was $733 in the second quarter of 2023. That could rise if auto workers strike long enough

They should be getting cost of living raises like the rest of us! Not fucking 40% ALONG with cost of living, that is insane to expect any employer to give that kind of raise!!

As long as "shareholders" are fine with the same returns.

They should be getting cost of living raises like the rest of us! Not fucking 40% ALONG with cost of living, that is insane to expect any employer to give that kind of raise!!
To say nothing of a 32 hour workweek for 40 hours' pay. Someone in the union office must be smoking some primo stuff there.

Baseball Owners Have Been Forced to Treat Talent Right

Before baseball got unionized, a 20-game winner (Jim Bouton) only got $18,000. And he had to beg for that, just like the plutocratic parasites want us all to beggars. Bouton would have gotten $18 million in today's unionized baseball.

Your attitude is for the Grassgrowers. Without his players creating the revenue, a baseball owner would only have customers who wanted to see his stadium's grass grow.
mLB pitchers get paid a lot of money because there are very few people that can do what they do…that’s not true for people on an assembly line at a Ford plant

The new standard should be 32 hours per week with DOUBLE pay for the last 8 hours. This would be a trend in the right direction.

I put 1300 miles on my truck every 3 years. I trade it in every 3 years. Works great.

Just a bargaining ploy, ala "The Art of the Deal".

To say nothing of a 32 hour workweek for 40 hours' pay. Someone in the union office must be smoking some primo stuff there.
A shorter work week would guarantee lower pay as the companies would have to hire 25 percent more workers to get the same production.

Nope. They have such an easy time finding workers it's about time they start actually paying people to work
Most auto workers are well compensated for their skill level, which is low. Sadly for them there is no way to improve their skill level working on an assembly line doing rather simple repetitive tasks.

Buy used, pay cash, or drive the old one.
That'll bring new car prices and loan interest rates down.
It is not as easy to buy a used car as it was. Paying $20,000 to 50,000 cash for a car? Really? Some people refinance their home to get the money to get a car with a cash payment.

I put 1300 miles on my truck every 3 years. I trade it in every 3 years. Works great.
I leased my car for three years. My model isn't made any more. To lease another would be a $150.00 a month increase so I turned it into a purchase. To my shock and surprise, Honda treated all my lease payments as a down payment. I had an almost $10,000 down payment! My payments are less than my lease.

Forum List

Back