The arrogance of Obama.."I would not allow him to play PROFESSIONAL football!

Obama, like any parent can influence the choices of his children.

He is merely commenting on the state of football today. Personally, I see many of the heroes of my youth dying early and suffering from dementia

I would not want my son to take the risk either

"MANY"????
Please don't give that crap well 1 is too many crap!

Personal responsibility is what is at stake here!
WHY are idiots like you so concerned about the EXCEPTIONS?
Here are the FACTS dummy instead of just mouthing the bromides of the idiots who can only handle 30 second sound bite/headlines!!!
check out these FACTS!!!

11 PERCENT OF PLAYERS SUING THE NFL NEVER PLAYED A DOWN IN AN NFL GAME
Flynn Files

FACTS:
Take Barney’s claim of a deadlier game. When he won Rookie of the Year in 1967, twenty-four players at all levels of competition died from on-field collisions.
Last season, two players died as a result of hits.

Over the last eleven seasons, violent collisions have claimed the lives of less than four players per year.
Football, a sport played by roughly four million Americans, has grown dramatically, and demonstrably, safer since Barney retired.

George Will, who by one metric writes America’s most-read column, contends:
“For all players who play five or more years, life expectancy is less than 60; for linemen it is much less.”
But it’s not.
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health to conduct a mortality study on their profession.
The New York Times columnist then repeated the oft-repeated statistic that the NFL suicide rate is “nearly six times the national average” to buttress his point.

THE FACT:
If using the oft-repeated statistic 6 times national average They would have found 22 suicides if the NFL rate merely mirrored the rate.
They found nine.
Why Everything You Hear About The 'Deadly' Game Of Football Is False - Forbes

So YOU idiots mouthing HEADLINES/sound bites PLEASE DEAL with the FACTS!
1) less players died in all football in 2013 then 47 years ago when 24 players died in 1967!
2) NFL PLAYERS suicides are NOT 6 times national average of suicides but 240% lower then the national average..

But since when do FACTS have any meaning when this country is so bound to believe the ANECDOTAL situation is the RULE!
I.e. we take ONE event and make it sound like it happens ALL the time!
When are we going to be skeptical of every stupid headline/30 second sound bite and learn to THINK question... IS THIS TRUE???

Head injuries are still head injuries

NFL is still Russsian roulette, the more times you pull the trigger, the more likely you will lose

A) Have you had a head injury because there are just 2 "s" in "Russian"!
B) You are obviously one of those really low information people that BELIEVE that if it happens ONCE it happens ALL the time right?
C) My point again goes way over your injured head... only 30 sec.sound bite/headline readers like you believe everything the MSM reports is true!
Instead of asking simple questions like:
Does the reality match the hype?
What are the statistics?
Finally you are illustrating my point exactly... People like you jump to conclusions and then politicians read your exaggerated conclusions then pass legislation that does nothing
but compounds the problem...i.e. look at ACA!
If Obama had managed Medicare more efficiently the 14 million people who said they were not insured but didn't know they could be covered by Medicaid would NOT be part of
the phony 46 million number used to convince by only 7 votes the most destructive legislation in American history. Legislation that is bound to destroy 1,300 companies putting
400,000 people out of work!
And you are like most people jumped to conclusions about why we needed to cover this phony 46 million "uninsured"!

And they can't be born unless they're first conceived sooo....... nads.

Actually since having girls tends to go with deeper penetration, a man with daughters arguably has deeper 'nads' than one with sons.

Just sayin'...

Fun fact: our last three POTUSes have had nothing but daughters.

total bullshit.
absolute.

having boys vs having girls depends only on the composition of the speedy one which gets into the ovum.

and since there are HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of those released simultaneously - the depth does not matter at all.

but it is a relatively popular urban myth.

You want to go 0-for-3 here huh?

It has to do with the environment of the vagina. Less acidic deeper in IIRC.

This is not myth, it's science. There are known ways to tilt the odds of a pregnancy to a male or female conception. And deeper penetration (at the time of the male's orgasm) favors females.

Don't believe me? Experiment.

repeating. it's a bullshit. an urban myth. with the same value as putting the wooden spoon under the bed and a pink ribbon under the pillow when you are having sex ( for the girl) - and it is listed in the same bunch of "advices" for the choice of the future child( here - one of the sites with BS advices http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a549359/can-you-choose-to-have-a-boy-or-girl - says vice versa to the method of deep penetration - it leads to boys according to them :lol: )

even much more ( one would think) scientifically based theory that timing of the sexual intercourse in relation to ovulation would have an impact on the gender of the child has been proven false.
For practical purposes, the timing of sexual intercourse in relation to ovulation has no influence on the sex of the baby
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejm199512073332301

Last edited:
It would be his child, what is the problem? There is always a chance in a violent game such as football that the wrong hit could be disastrous. I guess if he had said his son would play, you would call him a braggart?

You people kill me!:lol::lol::lol:

If Obama didnt' allow him to play football from age 0-17.......then I promise, at age 18, his lack of experience would mean he wouldn't even get to play for Ohio State, much less the NFL.

“I would not let my son play pro football,” he said.

Obama: Danger of concussions in NFL ?no longer a secret? | TheHill

How ignorant!

Does OBAMA have any parental right to say to an NFL team "you can't sign my son"!

How stupid!
And to think (if he had a son) the son would meekly say yes Dad... I'm not an adult. I can't make decisions on my own!

This is once again the arrogance and stupidity of Obama on display!

A) If he had a son and the son was good enough the son would be over 21!!! Completely out of Obama's responsibility!

B) But this again shows Obama's arrogance! HE THINKS he controls EVERYTHING!

It would be legally and responsibly the SON's decision ...not DICK HEAD's decision!

Do you even know what "arrogant" means?

Me thinks not.
You think? That would be a first.

How ignorant!

Does OBAMA have any parental right to say to an NFL team "you can't sign my son"!

How stupid!
And to think (if he had a son) the son would meekly say yes Dad... I'm not an adult. I can't make decisions on my own!

A) If he had a son and the son was good enough the son would be over 21!!! Completely out of Obama's responsibility!

It would be legally and responsibly the SON's decision ...not DICK HEAD's decision!

Wow! Do you eat paste?
Why do you give a shit if Obama wouldn't let his non existent son play in the NFL?
This is the dumbest OP in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using no lube, maximizing the butt hurt in right wingers

Well here is what dumb is! Obama being so stupid that he doesn't realize HE WOULD NOT BE LEGALLY ABLE to prevent his son from signing a professional contract!
NOW what is further proof of this dumb ass statement is Obama would have had to SIGN parental agreement to let his son play football in grade school and high school!
ANY parent knows that! It doesn't require a Constitutional lawyer to know the kid wouldn't be able to step on a football field without parents approval!

So dumb ass Obama would have HAD to given approval then when the kid was ready to sign a NFL contract OBAMA the dumb ASS could NOT stop him!

So this is why idiots like you and Obama are running this into the ground!
YOU make dumb ass statements then when REALITY hits you are no where around so people LIKE me have to clean up your garbage.
Happened in Korea. Happened in Vietnam. Happened in Iraq!
Took a GOP president end Korea. Took GOP president end Vietnam. Took GOP president to overthrow Saddam after these 32 democrats whined and groaned and complained.
dropped more more on Iraq then in Gulf War and then when Bush took out Saddam you dick head dumb asses like Obama complained!

HERE read again why dumb asses like Obama start shit and we have to end it!!!

So after these 32 democrat comments ENCOURAGING Bush to take action...
"..deny Iraq the capacity to develop WMD".Bill Clinton,1998
"..most brutal dictators of Century", Biden,1998
"Iraq compliance with Resolution 687 becomes shell game"..Daschle 1998
"He will use those WMDs again,as he has ten times since 1983" ..Berger Clinton Ntl. Secur. Advr 1998
"posed by Iraq's refusal to end its WMD programs" Levin 1998
"Saddam has been engaged in development of WMDs which is a threat.."Pelosi 1998 WHERE'D SHE GET THIS INFORMATION BEFORE BUSH?
"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building WMDS.."Albright 1999
"Saddam to refine delivery systems, that will threaten the US..."Graham 2001
"Saddam has ignored the mandate of the UN and is building WMDs and the means to deliver.." Levin 2002
"Iraq's search for WMDs ...will continue as long as Saddam's in power"..Gore 2002
"Saddam retains stockpiles of WMDS.."Byrd 2002
"..give President authority to use force..to disarm Saddam because an arsenal of WMDs..threat our security"..Kerry 2002
"..Unmistakable evidence Saddam developing nuclear weapons next 5 years.."Rockefeller 2002
"Violated over 11 years every UN resolution demanding disarming WMDs.."Waxman 2002
"He's given aid,comfort & sanctuary to al Qaeda members..and keep developing WMDs"..Hillary 2002
"Compelling evidence Saddam has WMDs production storage capacity.." Graham 2002
"Without a question, we need to disarm Saddam. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime .... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction .... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...."Kerry , Jan. 23. 2003.

How ignorant!

How stupid!

Come on man give the guy a little slack. He was making a statement about a violent game that almost none get out of without being injured. Of course he might not be able to stop his son from playing but he was expressing what he would at least try and do.

I really don't know why you would make that remark an issue at least like you did.

How ignorant!

How stupid!

Come on man give the guy a little slack. He was making a statement about a violent game that almost none get out of without being injured. Of course he might not be able to stop his son from playing but he was expressing what he would at least try and do.

I really don't know why you would make that remark an issue at least like you did.

BECAUSE it illustrates HOW idiots like you EXCUSE this IDIOT in CHIEF!
He is a lawyer! He of all people should NOT make a stupid comment about forbidding his (non-existent) son from playing pro ball!
A) His "son" would have had to play grade/high school ball in almost all cases... MEANING OBAMA would have had to sign parental approval! So he should have known
his stupid statement would NOT hold up!
B) Any idiot that stupid shouldn't be running the country and idiots like you excuse him because ??? He is black?

Obama has NOT taken the blame for ANYTHING. He' shucked it off on everyone else and this has been going on since he was "tokin" in Hawaii!
And you idiots keep making excuses for him!

AND then you make another stupid dumb ass comment... "almost none get out without being injured".. PLEASE prove that statement that ALMOST NONE!
FACTS...
The good news is that when injuries do occur, they are rarely severe and usually do not require a doctor's care.
The Journal of Athletic Training reported in 2007 that an estimated 28 percent of the 5.5 million youth football players between the ages of 5 and 14 are injured each year
Percentage of Kids Who Are Injured in Football | LIVESTRONG.COM

The Top 15:

Basketball: 512,213
Bicycling: 485,669
Football: 418,260
Soccer: 174,686
Baseball: 155,898
Skateboards: 112,544
Trampolines: 108,029
Softball: 106,884
Swimming/Diving: 82,354
Horseback riding: 73,576
Weightlifting: 65,716
Volleyball: 52,091
Golf: 47,360
Roller skating: 35,003
Wrestling: 33,734
http://www.livescience.com/803-dangerous-sports-america.html

Last edited:
The top 10 participatory sports for boys remained the same from 2009-10:
Eleven-player football led the way with 1,108,441,
outdoor track and field (579,302),
basketball (545,844),
baseball (471,025),
soccer (398,351),
wrestling (273,732),
cross country (246,948),
tennis (161,367),
golf (156,866) and
swimming and diving (133,900).
NFHS | High School Sports Participation Continues Upward Climb
NOW my point is WHAT sport has the MOST high school participants??? FOOTBALL!
So what sport would naturally have the most injuries why of course MSM and other jump to conclusions idiots ..FOOTBALL!

How ignorant!

How stupid!

Is one of his daughters going to have a sex change operation? :confused:

WAS MY DAUGHTER, NOW MY SON

How ignorant!

How stupid!

BECAUSE it illustrates HOW idiots like you EXCUSE this IDIOT in CHIEF!
He is a lawyer! He of all people should NOT make a stupid comment about forbidding his (non-existent) son from playing pro ball!
A) His "son" would have had to play grade/high school ball in almost all cases... MEANING OBAMA would have had to sign parental approval! So he should have known
his stupid statement would NOT hold up!
B) Any idiot that stupid shouldn't be running the country and idiots like you excuse him because ??? He is black?

Obama has NOT taken the blame for ANYTHING. He' shucked it off on everyone else and this has been going on since he was "tokin" in Hawaii!
And you idiots keep making excuses for him!

AND then you make another stupid dumb ass comment... "almost none get out without being injured".. PLEASE prove that statement that ALMOST NONE!
FACTS...
The good news is that when injuries do occur, they are rarely severe and usually do not require a doctor's care.
The Journal of Athletic Training reported in 2007 that an estimated 28 percent of the 5.5 million youth football players between the ages of 5 and 14 are injured each year
Percentage of Kids Who Are Injured in Football | LIVESTRONG.COM

The Top 15:

Basketball: 512,213
Bicycling: 485,669
Football: 418,260
Soccer: 174,686
Baseball: 155,898
Skateboards: 112,544
Trampolines: 108,029
Softball: 106,884
Swimming/Diving: 82,354
Horseback riding: 73,576
Weightlifting: 65,716
Volleyball: 52,091
Golf: 47,360
Roller skating: 35,003
Wrestling: 33,734
The Most Dangerous Sports in America | LiveScience

Easy fellow, regardless of the statistics people believe what they believe. I believe on the NFL level injury is a given. Here is an article on the subject: A Washington Post survey of retired NFL players found that nearly nine in 10 report suffering from aches and pains on a daily basis, and they overwhelmingly – 91 percent – connect nearly all their pains to football.

“I hurt like hell every morning when I wake up,” says former linebacker Darryl Talley, 52.

“I can’t run anymore,” says former offensive lineman Pete Kendall, 39. “I can’t play basketball with my kids, can’t walk for any extended distance.”

“I’m 40 years old going on 65,” says Roman Oben, another ex-lineman. “God knows what I’ll feel like when I’m actually 65 years old.”
Do no harm: Retired NFL players endure a lifetime of hurt

My point isn't that there are more or less injury in football it is that Obama is acting as a dad in this situation. You had better ask some of the liberals if you think I stick up for Obama without reason. I do find it hard to believe there are more injury in bicycling then in football.

basketball (545,844),
baseball (471,025),
soccer (398,351),
wrestling (273,732),
cross country (246,948),
tennis (161,367),
golf (156,866) and
So what sport would naturally have the most injuries why of course MSM and other jump to conclusions idiots ..FOOTBALL!

I do believe Obama said NFL.

basketball (545,844),
baseball (471,025),
soccer (398,351),
wrestling (273,732),
cross country (246,948),
tennis (161,367),
golf (156,866) and

Yyyyyyeaaahh.... so the reason more kids are injured in football than in golf is that more play football than play golf.

Brilliance I tell ya.

New Topics

Forum List

Back