The anti-scientists on the House Science Committee

total garbage you get off that "pit of hell" huffepufferpost

shun that nasty site. don't support them by clicking on any link

Says Steph, who uses hyper-partisan rightwing sources, consistently.
I'm all for pointing out when posters use hyper-partisan sites are resources because it's usally BS, but when it is someone who does the same exact thing, it's just plain ole' hypocrisy.
Shame Stephanie, shame! :eusa_naughty:
have at it. I'm MORE choosy in the articles I post

not hateful nonsense like that. Everything to the left everyone is ANTI anti anti anti
and the title from the pits of hell. ...SEROUSLY

Last edited:
science-vs-religion_o_796737.jpg

The same sort of people really do believe that science isn't worth funding. They belief that science is evil and wish to defund it as don't have the brains to understand the importance of it. Yes, they're the Taliban and ISIS.

We'd be wise to find the intelligence gene and gene splice it to increase their intellige

So the quotes, those are lies?

Because if not, it's not garbage, it's the truth

The far right wants to do away with funding for science. Yes, they're extremely anti-science as they don't think it is important for us to lead in it...Hell, they don't even believe it but they don't read the text on it either so their opinion is pretty baseless.

I'm all for pointing out when posters use hyper-partisan sites are resources because it's usally BS, but when it is someone who does the same exact thing, it's just plain ole' hypocrisy.

not hateful nonsense like that. Everything to the left everyone is ANTI anti anti anti
Steph, did the congressman say the things in the op?

Republican Congressman Paul Broun of Georgia has ignited controversy with his remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of hell."

In a video posted on the church's website, Broun said:

"God's word is true. I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. And it's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior."
Broun also told the gathering that the Earth is only about 9,000 years ago was created by God in six days. Such beliefs are held by fundamentalist Christians who maintain the creation accounts in the Bible are literally true. That puts them at odds with scientists who say the earth was formed approximately 4.54 billion years ago.

This nuts medical license should be revoked and he should be forced into psychiatric treatment ASAP

Paul Broun Evolution Big Bang Lies Straight From The Pit Of Hell

Yes must destroy anyone's different point of views that does not agree with any of the liberals.
Have you even looked at the science that is being kept hidden from the people on his points of views?
People should at least look up the science that does support more of the Bible, rather than just taking the word for the science that is just as biased from the opposite point of view of there is no God.
Just because the seculars run and control the science's does not mean that they are right and only they are right.

and if people don't BOW to them they get downright nasty. they are the ones tearing this country aprat
sick and twisted jerks. I hope the people votes this crap out come 2016. But then they'll just get worse.
Republican Congressman Paul Broun of Georgia has ignited controversy with his remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of hell."

"God's word is true. I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. And it's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior."
Broun also told the gathering that the Earth is only about 9,000 years ago was created by God in six days. Such beliefs are held by fundamentalist Christians who maintain the creation accounts in the Bible are literally true. That puts them at odds with scientists who say the earth was formed approximately 4.54 billion years ago.

This nuts medical license should be revoked and he should be forced into psychiatric treatment ASAP

Yes must destroy anyone's different point of views that does not agree with any of the liberals.
Have you even looked at the science that is being kept hidden from the people on his points of views?
People should at least look up the science that does support more of the Bible, rather than just taking the word for the science that is just as biased from the opposite point of view of there is no God.
Just because the seculars run and control the science's does not mean that they are right and only they are right.

Since isn't based on opinion you science illiterate

Science is based on evidence with theories and theories are sometimes opinions.

The way a theory works, is that a person formulates and idea and does the tedious ground work and research to either prove or disprove his/her theory. Others follow-up the research and present research and facts that support the theory or disprove it. Sometimes a theory can neither be proved or disproved, hence remaining a theory.
The Theory of evolution

1. Sometimes opinions are formed by people; then they find existing (key word existing) information supporting their opinion.
Which is what I said about looking at the other science that he has looked at.

2. Sometimes, after researching existing information from various sources and points of view and then an opinion is formed, the preferred method.

and if people don't BOW to them they get downright nasty. they are the ones tearing this country aprat
sick and twisted jerks. I hope the people votes this crap out come 2016. But then they'll just get worse.

The way a theory works, is that a person formulates and idea and does the tedious ground work and research to either prove or disprove his/her theory. Others follow-up the research and present research and facts that support the theory or disprove it. Sometimes a theory can neither be proved or disproved, hence remaining a theory.
The Theory of evolution

1. Sometimes opinions are formed by people; then they find existing (key word existing) information supporting their opinion.

2. Sometimes, after researching existing information from various sources and points of view and then an opinion is formed, the preferred method.
Calling a scientific theory an "opinion" is simply inaccurate.

The Theory of evolution

Yep, with the likes of Inhofe and Broun, the GOP is really strutting its stuff. Anti-science, pro-ignorance all the way and proud of it.

I don't really care what they think about origin of man or the age of the Earth or how it got here. It's irrelevant and therefore unimportant.

The extremely relevant and important thing is that they don't buy into the anthopogenic global warming scaremongering. We've already wasted far too many billions of our precious and limited scientific research dollars on that scam.

We need to cut off all funding to those fraudsters.

The Theory of evolution

Until they find the missing link between homo erectus and homo sapiens it is still a Theory.

The Theory of evolution

Calling a scientific theory an "opinion" is simply inaccurate.

Is a theory the equivalent of an opinion?
In a Colloquial sense, yes, in common day speech, a theory is simply an educated opinion, however, in a scientific context, A theory is the highest degree of proof available, in science, a theory is the combination of all available data on a particular matter that allows a person to establish knowledge on a preexistent hypothesis. To be a theory, something must not contradict existing knowledge, it must have faced scrutiny and survived, and must have made apt predictions that have been confirmed by rigorous experimentation.

The Theory of evolution

Until they find the missing link between homo erectus and homo sapiens it is still a Theory.

They've found many "missing links"

The Theory of evolution

The most recent find says they may have to rethink some of that.
Skull of Homo erectus throws story of human evolution into disarray Science The Guardian
Skull of Homo erectus throws story of human evolution into disarray

The Theory of evolution

Skull of Homo erectus throws story of human evolution into disarray Science The Guardian

More proof of evolution, thanks.

Thursday 17 October 2013 14.00 EDT
Last modified on Wednesday 5 November 2014 10.30 EST
peach174

still misinterpreting most everything you come across?

"Everything that lived at the time of the Dmanisi was probably just Homo erectus," said Prof Zollikofer. "We are not saying that palaeoanthropologists did things wrong in Africa, but they didn't have the reference we have. Part of the community will like it, but for another part it will be shocking news."

"Some palaeontologists see minor differences in fossils and give them labels, and that has resulted in the family tree accumulating a lot of branches," said White. "The Dmanisi fossils give us a new yardstick, and when you apply that yardstick to the African fossils, a lot of that extra wood in the tree is dead wood. It's arm-waving.​

It's good to know some things never change.

Last edited:

That is a direct quote from the republican idiot Paul Broun. He said evolution was a lie strait from the pits of hell. If you don't like the right wing being laughed at for saying stupid things, tell them to quit saying them.

Forum List

Back