The Ancient Black Hebrews

I am sure the aristocracy of the Jews was of a lighter skin tone, since they did not toil in the sun...

you must be referring to the parts of the skin NORMALLY
exposed------to either view or sunlight
Hebrews get a farmers tan?

I am a Hebrew-----played in the garden as a child-----and never got a tan------I got a RED-----sometimes tending toward VIOLET-------then I flaked
Hmmm, sounds like an Irish problem...

so I have been told----often----especially since mom liked to dress me in plaid dresses and ------those tom O'shanter berets-----I have no idea what JOB wore when he turned black

I am sure the aristocracy of the Jews was of a lighter skin tone, since they did not toil in the sun...

Normally white people dont turn Black though.

Depends on what you call black-----lots of Caucasians TAN UP to quite a dark color. There are special ovens one can
stay in for COOKING purposes

Hebrews get a farmers tan?

I am a Hebrew-----played in the garden as a child-----and never got a tan------I got a RED-----sometimes tending toward VIOLET-------then I flaked
Hmmm, sounds like an Irish problem...

so I have been told----often----especially since mom liked to dress me in plaid dresses and ------those tom O'shanter berets-----I have no idea what JOB wore when he turned black
He probably used axle grease.....I turn dark brown in the sunny time of the year and white in the winter...I'm part injun....

Depends on what you call black-----lots of Caucasians TAN UP to quite a dark color. There are special ovens one can
No caucasian on the planet has ever turned from white to Black and tan isnt even close to being
Black.. Black has always been the color Black. Can you tell me a time the color Black wasnt Black?

Last edited:

Then you'd look like Trump with white bags under your eyes and an orange tan..Damn I screwed that one up..

how was that idea expressed in Hebrew and what were the usages of the specific words in Hebrew at the time
they were written? -------try not to be so idiotic.
Can you clarify your question? What do you think they meant by their "skin was Black upon" them?

the book of Job was not written in English. In the United States we refer to people who have brown skin as "BLACK
AMERICANS". What do we mean by it. I have light pink
skin------but in the United States people call me "white". Even Albinos are not actually white. Chinese people are called "yellow" I have never seen a naturally YELLOW person. I have seen people with hepatitis who seemed --sorta yellow
I agree. Thats why people translated the Torah. Black has always meant Black so I am still seeking clarification on what you need? They werent saying they were present day Black people as if they were in the US. They were describing a color.

how do you know?-----you do not even know what specific Hebrew word was used? -----there are actually a few different ways of describing "DARK COLORED SKIN---in Hebrew"
I know because i can read. Do you have an alternative explanation as to why they said their skin was Black? I'd love to hear it along with the specific Hebrew words..

I am delighted that you can read------read what the specific Hebrew word that Job used when he described himself as
"black"

Black has always been the color Black. Can you tell me a time the color Black wasnt Black?

black is not black when it is used to describe brown skin. White is not White when it is used to describe ANYBODY's skin

Can you clarify your question? What do you think they meant by their "skin was Black upon" them?

the book of Job was not written in English. In the United States we refer to people who have brown skin as "BLACK
skin------but in the United States people call me "white". Even Albinos are not actually white. Chinese people are called "yellow" I have never seen a naturally YELLOW person. I have seen people with hepatitis who seemed --sorta yellow
I agree. Thats why people translated the Torah. Black has always meant Black so I am still seeking clarification on what you need? They werent saying they were present day Black people as if they were in the US. They were describing a color.

how do you know?-----you do not even know what specific Hebrew word was used? -----there are actually a few different ways of describing "DARK COLORED SKIN---in Hebrew"
I know because i can read. Do you have an alternative explanation as to why they said their skin was Black? I'd love to hear it along with the specific Hebrew words..

I am delighted that you can read------read what the specific Hebrew word that Job used when he described himself as
"black"
Why dont you tell us and prove it didnt really mean Black?

Black has always been the color Black. Can you tell me a time the color Black wasnt Black?

black is not black when it is used to describe brown skin. White is not White when it is used to describe ANYBODY's skin
No one calls brown skin Black. They call it brown. Same with anyones skin color.

Then you'd look like Trump with white bags under your eyes and an orange tan..Damn I screwed that one up..

Trump looks like a person who lives on carrots and sweet potatoes

"black"

I cannot tell you-----I do not know what word was used----YOU claimed that you can read hebrew

"black"

I cannot tell you-----I do not know what word was used----YOU claimed that you can read hebrew
You cant tell me? You dont know? I never claimed I could read Hebrew. i said i read the translation. Here I thought you could shed some light on another interpretation. You got my hopes all high for nothing.

I've never seen a tan like his....well at least once
AngryOrange.jpg

I've never seen a tan like his....well at least once
AngryOrange.jpg
Looks like Trump to me.

I remember as a kid my grandma told me the Hebrews were Black people. Not being particularly religious I didnt think much about it but always believed it. I've been researching this topic for a while now and it seems to be something so easily proven that I am astounded there is a controversy about it. The ancient Hebrews were obviously Black people. The evidence in the Torah/OT is pretty convincing.

Job 30:30 KJV: My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.
"My skin is black upon me and my bones are burned with heat"

The only people that would suffer from this condition known as starvation induced hyper pigmentation enough to turn Black are dark skinned people such as this type VI person at the end of the Fitzpatrick Skin Type scale

fitzpatrick_skin_type.jpg

Hot chick number VI is NOT suffering from much of anything. Let alone "starvation induced hyper pigmentation".

So why arent' you satisfied with several African tribes as practicing Jews and contending their roots go back to Abraham? Lots of books on this? If you're trying to make me uncomfortable --- you failed. I would be jazzed if my roots were further south than the Med..
I didnt say she was suffering from anything. I said in order for someones skin to turn black it would have to be someone with the dark brown coloration of of type VI.

What do you mean when you askwhy am I not satisfied? Why should I be satisfied with less than the truth?

I had no idea you would reply to this thread so what made you think I was attempting to make you feel uncomfortable? Are you an Ashkenazi Jew?

That entire chapter is a real downer. Seems Job is afflicted with everything. GI tract issues, insomnia, burnt bones etc. It's ONE guy describing himself. Exhausting his literary license in 31 verses. The KEY would be to read the ENTIRE book -- find the clues as to HIS origin and place him in an ordered genealogy. The Book of Numbers MIGHT help there.

I made those comments because obviously there IS a connection to deeper Africa in Hebrew roots. How thoroughly that promulgates thru the heritage --- I haven't a clue. But for ME -- the evidence of Hebrew roots in lower Africa is well supported. So the existence of that awareness and culture to this day in ANY NUMBER of African tribes is interesting.

Could be a bigger tent for the Hebrews than is normally portrayed in Judeo-Christian lit.

I remember as a kid my grandma told me the Hebrews were Black people. Not being particularly religious I didnt think much about it but always believed it. I've been researching this topic for a while now and it seems to be something so easily proven that I am astounded there is a controversy about it. The ancient Hebrews were obviously Black people. The evidence in the Torah/OT is pretty convincing.

The only people that would suffer from this condition known as starvation induced hyper pigmentation enough to turn Black are dark skinned people such as this type VI person at the end of the Fitzpatrick Skin Type scale

Hot chick number VI is NOT suffering from much of anything. Let alone "starvation induced hyper pigmentation".

So why arent' you satisfied with several African tribes as practicing Jews and contending their roots go back to Abraham? Lots of books on this? If you're trying to make me uncomfortable --- you failed. I would be jazzed if my roots were further south than the Med..
I didnt say she was suffering from anything. I said in order for someones skin to turn black it would have to be someone with the dark brown coloration of of type VI.

What do you mean when you askwhy am I not satisfied? Why should I be satisfied with less than the truth?

I had no idea you would reply to this thread so what made you think I was attempting to make you feel uncomfortable? Are you an Ashkenazi Jew?

That entire chapter is a real downer. Seems Job is afflicted with everything. GI tract issues, insomnia, burnt bones etc. It's ONE guy describing himself. Exhausting his literary license in 31 verses. The KEY would be to read the ENTIRE book -- find the clues as to HIS origin and place him in an ordered genealogy. The Book of Numbers MIGHT help there.

I made those comments because obviously there IS a connection to deeper Africa in Hebrew roots. How thoroughly that promulgates thru the heritage --- I haven't a clue. But for ME -- the evidence of Hebrew roots in lower Africa is well supported. So the existence of that awareness and culture to this day in ANY NUMBER of African tribes is interesting.

Could be a bigger tent for the Hebrews than is normally portrayed in Judeo-Christian lit.
Well he wasnt the only one to reference blackened skin due to famine. if it was just one guy and only one instance where the OT referred to the Hebrews as Black people then that would be more of an anomaly.

Lamentations 4:8 But now they are blacker than soot; they are not recognized in the streets. Their skin has shriveled on their bones; it has become as dry as a stick.

The ISV even uses coal to describe how Black they were.

"Now their faces are blacker than coal; they are unrecognized in the streets. Their skin clings to their bones; it has become dry like a stick."

I'd be interested in seeing his lineage but to me it doesnt really mean much because all his ancestors were Black people.

Also I know that present day Africa is just one place that had Black people as the aboriginal people of the land. The entire place we now call the middle east was also originally inhabited by Black people.

One good clue is that the Hebrews were Black is the fact that they would always run to Africa in order to hide among people that looked like them. It wouldnt make much sense for white people to run to someplace they couldnt blend in.

Last edited:

DA JOOOOS clearly traveled around. Skin color is multiallelic--------it ain't like a Mendel sweet pea experiment.
Just the travel from Mesopotamia and over the Jordan and a
tryst to Egypt ---CLEARLY mixed things up. Egypt was a HIGHLY TRAVERSED place and included INFLUX both from sub-Saharan Africa AND Asia (like the hyskos) ----moving along to BABYLON------the genetic pool is all mixed up with greeks and Persians too. ----Then JOOS did the silk trail----thru asia ----in several roots----including from arabia and Yemen which almost TOUCHES Ethiopia ---its like a short swim-----------GIVE UP BUTTERFLY-----their ain't no HUMAN RACES---da jooos got it ALL

"black"

You cant tell me? You dont know? I never claimed I could read Hebrew. i said i read the translation. Here I thought you could shed some light on another interpretation. You got my hopes all high for nothing.

Oh----you have no idea what the words in JOB actually are---
right-----so the conversation is over.

Your right, they turn red and then blister.

wrong again ----lots of normally white people TAN to a remarkable degree. Interesting factoids for you poor
ignoramuses. Now pay attention. Melanocytes are responsible for dark coloration of the skin (ie the production
of Melanin) They are derived from the EMBRYONIC NEURAL CREST (google it---I am too tired to explain). Dark skin is not created by a person being BORN with more melanocytes---
it is just a matter of how active the melanocytes are in producing melanin of this or that type. Very light skin people can TAN to a remarkable degree----or not, depending on their
physiology. An even more interesting factoid is----in general--
white skinned people have more melanocytes than do what is called "black" skinned people ------but the situation over the world's population is not all that PRECISE. My melanocytes respond to INJURY (as do lots of people---including lots of "black" people-----I get freckles at sites of skin injury---some 'black" people get highly pigmented KELOID -----all kinds of skin in dis here world

Forum List

Back