The American Newspaper is Dead and it’s a Good Thing

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
The Dims are counting on illegal aliens to keep them in the majority, but they're main powerbase is evaporating from underneath them:

newspaper-600x423-450x317.jpg

The American Newspaper is Dead and it?s a Good Thing | FrontPage Magazine

That doesn’t mean that the Great Booming Voice of Media Liberalism is dead. But it does mean that it is losing much of its authority. Its credibility numbers are poor and it’s increasingly relying on shrillness and volume. That has worked so far. It certainly has helped Obama, but on the internet, relying too much on volume is risky.

The same barriers that entrenched liberal media authority in print and on television and radio are much weaker on the internet. Here they can lose. The media’s adaptation to the internet has largely robbed it of its intellectual and moral authority. Its sites have more money and attract bigger advertisers, but those may only be temporary advantages.

The death of the American newspaper may forecast the death of American liberalism.​

Funny you should mention that.
I was just telling my mother this morning that the Houston Chronicle was a piece of shit.
The only thing worth reading in it are the sports and comics.

Here's the thing though. We use to have two papers in Houston,the Chronicle and the Post.
The Post being liberal and the Chronicle being conservative. Eventually the Chronicle put the Post out of business,and what does the Chronicle do? It goes liberal. They are now dying as well...good riddance.

We should repeal Freedom of the Press clause from the 1st Amendment. They don't advocate for the People, they are lapdogs to the Democrat Party and liberal causes. After 6 years, they haven't found one scandal in the Obama regime to report.

The surprising thing is that Newspapers world wide aren't doing nearly as badly.

In the UK, Japan, India and many other Countries, Newspapers are doing quite well.

It won't be long until some dimocrap douchebag shows up and tells us it's all the fault of the Internet.

Because, you know -- Japanese and Brits don't have the Internet :dunno:

the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM has nothing to offer but entertainment anymore.

And there's so many other outlets for entertainment, why should we support an entity (newspapers) that are serial liars, prejudicial and little more than propagandists for dimocrap scum.

the DISGUSTING FILTH in the American LSM doesn't realize yet that you can't unscramble an egg.

No matter how hard you try, you can't put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Once people lose faith in you, you can't get it back. At least, not in the short term. It takes years and years and years. Decades, even. If ever.

CNN used to OWN Cable News and now? Now they're an afterthought. The Cartoon Network draws more viewers that they do.

The only reason FNC is successful is they at least try to be fair, they DO lean to the 'right' (a misunderstood term) but they go our of their way to offer differing and opposition opinions.

Newspapers? They're done. We just cancelled ours and they end up giving us free ones half the time, trying to get us back.

Not gonna happen. I don't trust them. I don't like them. I am TIRED of getting lied to.

A lot of people didn't turn to the Internet FIRST, a lot of us turned to the Internet to get at the facts AFTER. Then when we discover how much newspapers lie, we get kind pissed.

Newspapers have caused their own demise in this Country. The only one that's doing well is the only (somewhat) Conservative one there is -- The Wall Street Journal.

Not an accident.

We should repeal Freedom of the Press clause from the 1st Amendment. They don't advocate for the People, they are lapdogs to the Democrat Party and liberal causes. After 6 years, they haven't found one scandal in the Obama regime to report.

We should never repeal the Freedom of the Press clause of the 1st Amendment.

We should learn how to speak out.

The surprising thing is that Newspapers world wide aren't doing nearly as badly.

In the UK, Japan, India and many other Countries, Newspapers are doing quite well.

It won't be long until some dimocrap douchebag shows up and tells us it's all the fault of the Internet.

Because, you know -- Japanese and Brits don't have the Internet :dunno:

the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM has nothing to offer but entertainment anymore.

And there's so many other outlets for entertainment, why should we support an entity (newspapers) that are serial liars, prejudicial and little more than propagandists for dimocrap scum.

the DISGUSTING FILTH in the American LSM doesn't realize yet that you can't unscramble an egg.

No matter how hard you try, you can't put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Once people lose faith in you, you can't get it back. At least, not in the short term. It takes years and years and years. Decades, even. If ever.

CNN used to OWN Cable News and now? Now they're an afterthought. The Cartoon Network draws more viewers that they do.

The only reason FNC is successful is they at least try to be fair, they DO lean to the 'right' (a misunderstood term) but they go our of their way to offer differing and opposition opinions.

Newspapers? They're done. We just cancelled ours and they end up giving us free ones half the time, trying to get us back.

Not gonna happen. I don't trust them. I don't like them. I am TIRED of getting lied to.

A lot of people didn't turn to the Internet FIRST, a lot of us turned to the Internet to get at the facts AFTER. Then when we discover how much newspapers lie, we get kind pissed.

Newspapers have caused their own demise in this Country. The only one that's doing well is the only (somewhat) Conservative one there is -- The Wall Street Journal.

Not an accident.

I really like sitting on the porch and reading the paper with my morning coffee,but it's gotten to the point that I cant stomach it anymore. The shit they call front page news is a joke. I dont give a rats ass about Liqueesha and her new habitat for humanity home. But the shit I do care about is either unreported or buried on page five.

It's funny, but if you look at newspapers from a century ago, they had the same kind of slanted reporting they do today, but still provided longer and more in depth articles. Articles were written for a more literate people and provided far more information than they do today. Instead of snippets of speeches, the entire speech was printed.

If you have a few minute on day, go to you local library and look at some microfilmed newspapers and compare it to what's in your paper today.

The hallmark of conservatism.

Right here.

It's funny, but if you look at newspapers from a century ago, they had the same kind of slanted reporting they do today, but still provided longer and more in depth articles. Articles were written for a more literate people and provided far more information than they do today. Instead of snippets of speeches, the entire speech was printed.

If you have a few minute on day, go to you local library and look at some microfilmed newspapers and compare it to what's in your paper today.

You're right about that. The paper has been seriously dumbed down.
You read an article and they leave out anything that doesnt fit the agenda,and misspelled words and words not used in the proper context are common place.
What the hell happened to editing?

The American Newspaper is Dead and it’s a Good Thing
The dumbing down of America makes the cons so happy....because it's easier to herd sheep than intelligent people. Speak like a con....Baaaaaaaa!

The Dims are counting on illegal aliens to keep them in the majority, but they're main powerbase is evaporating from underneath them:

newspaper-600x423-450x317.jpg

The American Newspaper is Dead and it?s a Good Thing | FrontPage Magazine

That doesn’t mean that the Great Booming Voice of Media Liberalism is dead. But it does mean that it is losing much of its authority. Its credibility numbers are poor and it’s increasingly relying on shrillness and volume. That has worked so far. It certainly has helped Obama, but on the internet, relying too much on volume is risky.

The same barriers that entrenched liberal media authority in print and on television and radio are much weaker on the internet. Here they can lose. The media’s adaptation to the internet has largely robbed it of its intellectual and moral authority. Its sites have more money and attract bigger advertisers, but those may only be temporary advantages.

The death of the American newspaper may forecast the death of American liberalism.​

Makes all of those Editorials about saving the trees and unions pretty comical.

Liberals have controlled the message and the minds of mush through the local/national TV news on NBC, CBS and ABC; and with the local/national print media.

The age of the internet was their doom because now people can search for the truth beyond what is fed to them.....even if Google and Yahoo search engines are rigged to push people to liberal slanted websites.

The 1780s definition of liberalism is not the 2010s definition of liberalism.

I doubt the political thinkers who set up limited government and held individual liberty as paramount would see much liberalism in the almost unlimited government (at every level) and the increasing restrictions on individual liberty that we have today.

The hallmark of conservatism.

Right here.

Right on.

Viet Nam would have been an endless war, General Westmoreland would have gotten away with the My Lai massacre, Nixon would have never been connected to Watergate and stayed in office, and Bush and Cheney could have kept Bin Laden a secret and blamed 9/11 on Saddam Hussein if it hadn't been for the goddamn free press.

Conservatives are like mushrooms. They want to live in the dark and eat shit that's shoveled to them through a hole, called Fox News.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back