The American Culture War was won by the Left

- Gay Marriage is legal
- Interracial marriage is accepted
- Marijuana is legal in more than 25 states
- Rappers and musicians have their pants down in music videos
- Abortion still legal
Goody! We get to experience our predictable surprises.

Yea and who cares what women want anyway, right?

Actually, if you asked a woman to pick one of the following to lose.

1) Her access to contraception
2) Her ability to get fair and equal pay for work
3) Not having to maybe compete against a Tranny

Um... she's going to pick #3 each time. Those other things are more important to her.

Yea and who cares what women want anyway, right?

Um... she's going to pick #3 each time. Those other things are more important to her.
[/QUOTE]
Underlining again how low in importance this manufactured concern with such an infinitesimal minority rates.

The American Culture War was won by the Left
- Gay Marriage is legal
- Abortion still legal

I don't see them winning much of anything.
  • I realize some people are really attracted to the same sex! I don't pretend to understand or agree with it, but they shouldn't be prevented from living how they choose. I simply reject calling it a "marriage." It is a civil union. It's the results that should matter not the name.
  • I'm not a fan of sex or marriage between the races, but again, whatever floats your boat. What can you do, arrest people and put them in a rack? This isn't the 16th century anymore.
  • Marijuana is an herb, a weed, like tobacco. How can you justify one being legal and not the other?
  • Rappers can wear their pants around their ankles. Free expression. But I can choose not to go to their concerts or buy their music.
  • Abortion has always been legal. Do we really want unwanted children growing up in homes with mothers who don't love them? The bigger problem to focus on is rampant unwanted pregnancy.

Marijuana is an herb, a weed, like tobacco. How can you justify one being legal and not the other?

That is the most ridiculous comparison to weed yet...If you had ever been in law enforcement you would have witnessed almost daily what the results of weed really are, and not read the hyperbole by politicians being forced to legalize it for votes and being stoners themselves.

Let me explain the difference to you...Tabaco does not alter your psyched, weed does. Whats laughable is that they try and tell you inhaling tabacco is bad but not weed..

How anyone could want weed legalized so school bus drivers cant take a hit before they drive your kids to school or back, or any other person working involved with the citizenry...

Alcohol is bad and I would be all for banning it rather than legalize weed...but there is one major difference between Alcohol and Weed...MILLIONS of people me included imbibe alcohol everyday and are not impaired or drunk...I drink a glass of white or red wine most days with dinner.Wine, Been, Cocktails have TASTE they are enjoyable in moderation..

Weed has one purpose and one alone...to get you stoned, You cant smoke weed without getting high...You can drink and millions do without getting high or impaired...
the reason a hell of a lot of people drink is to get a buzz....quit acting like most drinkers do one drink and leave it at that....

That is the most ridiculous comparison to weed yet...If you had ever been in law enforcement you would have witnessed almost daily what the results of weed really are, and not read the hyperbole by politicians being forced to legalize it for votes and being stoners themselves.

Alcohol is bad and I would be all for banning it rather than legalize weed...but there is one major difference between Alcohol and Weed...MILLIONS of people me included imbibe alcohol everyday and are not impaired or drunk...Weed has one purpose and one alone...to get you stoned, You cant smoke weed without getting high...You can drink and millions do without getting high or impaired...

RUBBISH. Jesus are you a narrow minded person. People die left and right of cancer from smoking tobacco, not so much with weed. Your prudish opinions are based purely on your experiences with people who abuse and can't handle weed. I never said legalizing it meant that anyone could buy and smoke it wantonly. Then you laughingly say that alcohol is bad and you would ban it then say millions drink it and are not impaired at all!

Then the coup de grace is your claim that weed has but one purpose! Gees are you an idiot. Marijuana has been used for thousands of years by countless peoples for many other things including medicinally as well as religiously and spiritually as an avatar.

BTW, I can drink booze like a fish and smoke pot and even harder drugs and you'd never even know it from any other perfectly sober person. It's all up to the individual.

No. In regards to the first, Thomas Sowell comes to mind: The idea that taxpayers owe it to you to pay for what you want suggests that much of today's education fails to instill reality, and instead panders to a self-centered sense of entitlement to what other people have earned. The other part is that males can/should/do deal with contraception.

2. When was the last time you looked at pay scales for men and women? Both daughters are paid the same as their male counterparts and have the same opportunities for advancement. That is now true of most professions.

3. As for the Transgendered: The rule should be: They are allowed to participate in women's sports, but are not allowed to compete. (In other words, practices and team scrimmages only.)

By the way, both my daughters choose 3. Their athletic experiences in high school do not hold a to their current experiences, but as a high school girl, it meant the world to them. Memories...

Meh, so what? If the highlight of your life was winning a HS track meet, then that's kind of pathetic to start with.
Do you give this advice to transgenders who wish to participate in girl sports? Or, is it just for the girls?

- Gay Marriage is legal
- Abortion still legal
1. Heterosexuals were the ones who, through divorce, adultery, and abandonment, turned their backs on the sanctity of marriage. Once we started our own mockery of marriage, we have no right to complain when others joined in.

2. Scientifically, there is no "race", variants of skin color/nationality are superficial. But speaking of culture wars, intermarriage between cultures can be problematic (ask an atheist married to a person of faith). I am not saying intermarriage between cultures should be forbidden, only that people who enter into such a marriage need to be aware of the problems and hardships that go along with it.

3. Marijuana and other drugs are becoming legal because of a personal demand that cannot be stemmed by society.

4. Expect full nudity before musicians decide to take back a more professional look for their profession.

5. Abortion will continue as long as society believes sex is more important than life, recreational activities more vital than anything more serious or meaningful.

Odd, isn't it, that people have come to believe fun, recreation, freebies are entitlements, but not responsibility.

The culture war isn’t won, but no one can deny its making progress.

Not to mention men being able to compete against and ANNIHILATE women in sports competitions! LOL! Now THAT is "winning"!

Meh, so what? If the highlight of your life was winning a HS track meet, then that's kind of pathetic to start with.
What is pathetic is people like you insulting people about something that is important to them. Go find a fly and pull its wings off.

I am assuming that the anger and vitriol in this topic, is merely acceptance and bitterness that the Left has won the culture war.

Blame MTV and rappers and bleeding heart liberals.

I am assuming that the anger and vitriol in this topic, is merely acceptance and bitterness that the Left has won the culture war.
The true issue is that as is the past, conservatives want to move away to a new county/nation where they might be left alone. Shrug. Progressive Liberals always want what we have even when they already have the rest of the world. Think of two nations: Progressive Liberals and Conservatives. Both have "Stay Out" signs on their borders. The difference is that the Progressive Liberals don't need a sign...Conservatives don't want in that area to begin with.

Forum List

Back