The Alternative Plan That Obama Claims Doesn't Exist

There were several other plans offered up for health care reform, but I am guessing none were oppressive enough to suit Obama's tyrannical tastes.

Most libs will look the other way at yet another lie from Bam's mouth. Maybe they are so used to it that it doesn't phase them any more.

Politics: VIDEO: Tom Price explains the ObamaCare alternative Obama claims doesn't exist | Best of Cain

Why would the Democrats pass a Republican plan? Is that what they were elected to do? Do Republicans pass Democrat bills when they're in power?
Obamacare IS a Republican plan, created by them during the Clinton administration and modified from there.

The question is why did the GOP voted against this plan. But, we now know that the GOP picked health care as a purely political fight wherein they wanted to prove that they could still run the government, even though they had so severely lost the election.

The Heritage plan was proposed as an alternative to Hillarycare and ONLY required very inexpensive, basic catastrophic HC insurance, not the very comprehensive, very expensive plans the ACA mandates. It was like the minimum, inexpensive auto liability insurance required by states which could not force you to buy more expensive/comprehensive auto insurance. In essence, both minimum auto liability and catastrophic HC insurance protect OTHERS from having to pay for YOUR accidents and illnesses, which is why they're constitutional. Obamacare is not constitutional - except as a tax - because it forces everyone to buy expensive, comprehensive insurance they may not want.

Last edited:
There were several other plans offered up for health care reform, but I am guessing none were oppressive enough to suit Obama's tyrannical tastes.

Most libs will look the other way at yet another lie from Bam's mouth. Maybe they are so used to it that it doesn't phase them any more.

Politics: VIDEO: Tom Price explains the ObamaCare alternative Obama claims doesn't exist | Best of Cain

Why would the Democrats pass a Republican plan? Is that what they were elected to do? Do Republicans pass Democrat bills when they're in power?

Why? Well then, I guess you forgot about Romneycare, didn't you? On top of passing a Republican plan, Obama butchered it. He is so far left, that he had to take in some Republican ideals just appear as a moderate; which in and of itself failed miserably.
The ACA is a market based healthcare coverage solution. That's how the Heritage Foundation created it.

Cap and Trade is a market based pollution control solution offered by President Bush I.

The EGTRRA tax cuts were President Bush the lesser's tax cut plan...passed again by President Obama.

That's all a matter of history. What you mention is your own private speculation.

President Obama is a center right president. Under no sane analysis can he be defined as "liberal" or "left" in these ventures.

Why do you idiots keep lying about Single Payer? ... (rhetorical)

Obamacare passed without a single Republican vote, so if Democrats had really proposed single payer, that could have passed it without any Republican support as well.

Single Payer was never even mentioned because if it had been, every fucking democrat in America would be voted out in a landslide and they know it. Nobody in America wants single payer except a small faction of freeloaders and commies like you...........

The VHA is single payer. Are you saying no veterans want that? Or just the freeloading veterans?

Where did i say that veterans are freeloaders needle dick?

Nobody in America wants single payer except a small faction of freeloaders and commies like you...........

??

The topic of the thread people is Democrats saying that the GOP did not have an alternative.

It is NOT "Does the alternative meet with our approval."

Clearly, the GOP does have alternatives and other ideas, and the President knew it.

Why would anyone defend another lie from the Presdient?

The Republicans promised repeal and replace. They've passed repeal in the House 40 some times;

how many times have they passed a replacement?

How many of their plans are sitting on Harry Reid's desk?

I'm going to guess zero, if only to get you to do the research yourself.

The cost of medical care will never come down until there is tort reform. If you want Euro style medical care, you will have to have Euro style legal care too which means no suing doctors.

The VHA is single payer. Are you saying no veterans want that? Or just the freeloading veterans?

Nobody in America wants single payer except a small faction of freeloaders and commies like you...........

Oh neat, the little commie thinks he's scored a "gotcha" moment. Are you positive all or most veterans want single payer or are you just ASSuming it because it's what they're forced to accept? ........ :eusa_whistle:

the-heritage-plan1.jpg

heritage-foundation-invidual-mandate1.jpg

Just so we know what we're talking about. The Heritage Plan sure looks familiar.

the-heritage-plan1.jpg

Just so we know what we're talking about. The Heritage Plan sure looks familiar.

"Adequate" insurance, not comprehensive. IF you posted the entire text you would see that's what they're talking about. I had a catastrophic plan which was affordable, and covered everything after a $5K deductible with no copays or cap. ACA made that illegal. My new ACA-compliant plan is 92% more PLUS a 40% copay.

HCPlans_zps1e7158a9.jpg

The Republicans promised repeal and replace. They've passed repeal in the House 40 some times;

how many times have they passed a replacement?

How many of their plans are sitting on Harry Reid's desk?

I'm going to guess zero, if only to get you to do the research yourself.

Well, there is one republican proposal on the first post of this thread, so maybe telling the truth isn't Obama's thing and reading isn't your thing? ... :dunno:

There are five in this article:

Seriously? The Republicans Have No Health Plan? - Forbes

the-heritage-plan1.jpg

"Adequate" insurance, not comprehensive. IF you posted the entire text you would see that's what they're talking about. I had a catastrophic plan which was affordable, and covered everything after a $5K deductible with no copays or cap. ACA made that illegal. My new ACA-compliant plan is 92% more PLUS a 40% copay.

HCPlans_zps1e7158a9.jpg

But Obama promised costs would go down?......... :eusa_liar:

But Obama promised costs would go down?......... :eusa_liar:

The only folks paying less under the ACA are those getting big subsidies, or folks with serious pre-existing conditions. EVERYONE else is paying much more for less coverage.

Damn, Obamam rightwinger, luddly, rdean and nycabinqueer told me different, i feel betrayed............:eek:

Again, there's a reason why we spend more on health care than any country in the world.

Doctors practice defensive medicine due to lawyers in this country.

Or, they order unnecessary tests because they own shares in the lab where the tests are being done and thus enhance their profit. Alternatively, they receive referral fees from labs where tests are done. In any case, they can make money by doing so.

High administration costs for doctors are also a reason why doctors pad their costs when the patient has goodo insurance. Doctors need a large staff to handle insurance company pre-approvals, and the administrative nightmare that is billing and collections. Insurance companies need staff to handle pre-approvals and claims. Insurance companies spend a lot of time and money denying claims or fighting to reduce the amount paid. All of this takes staff and costs money. Every dollar spent on administrative costs increases the cost of health care without improving the patient's health.

The US has the highest health care administration costs in the first world with nearly a third of every health care dollar being spent to cover administrative costs. Conversely, in Canada and other single payer countries, administration is less than 10% of health care costs.

Why are big pharma companies able to severely overcharge for their drugs? Why has this never been addressed by either party? Our medical system before ACA is a sham and isn't working. It wont work now after the ACA. Health care should be very affordable. It was not before the ACA. It wont be after. Same old same old.

Oh neat, the little commie thinks he's scored a "gotcha" moment. Are you positive all or most veterans want single payer or are you just ASSuming it because it's what they're forced to accept? ........ :eusa_whistle:

What should we replace the VHA with?

What should we replace the VHA with?

We shouldn't, single payer is groovy and i wish the democrats would go all in on selling it to the American people...... :thup:

Again, there's a reason why we spend more on health care than any country in the world.

Or, they order unnecessary tests because they own shares in the lab where the tests are being done and thus enhance their profit. Alternatively, they receive referral fees from labs where tests are done. In any case, they can make money by doing so.

High administration costs for doctors are also a reason why doctors pad their costs when the patient has goodo insurance. Doctors need a large staff to handle insurance company pre-approvals, and the administrative nightmare that is billing and collections. Insurance companies need staff to handle pre-approvals and claims. Insurance companies spend a lot of time and money denying claims or fighting to reduce the amount paid. All of this takes staff and costs money. Every dollar spent on administrative costs increases the cost of health care without improving the patient's health.

The US has the highest health care administration costs in the first world with nearly a third of every health care dollar being spent to cover administrative costs. Conversely, in Canada and other single payer countries, administration is less than 10% of health care costs.

There's NO real tort reform in the ACA for ONE reason: Filthy rich tort lawyers like John Edwards OWN the Dem party and Obama.

Trial lawyers could win bonanza in health care reform - CNN.com

I've talked to docs privately when working in their homes who tell me defensive medicine is a HUGE factor in the high cost of HC

the-heritage-plan1.jpg

HCPlans_zps1e7158a9.jpg
I'm sorry but you're spinning like a top. The ACA and the heritage foundation plan both mandate insurance coverage by individuals in the marketplace. Your distinction is puzzling.

What is the difference btn adequate coverage and comprehensive coverage? The ACA does not force anyone to buy insurance. For people that are poor, the ACA permits the purchase of catastrophic coverage only to avoid the penalty.

So just what are you talking about?

Obamacare IS a Republican plan, created by them during the Clinton administration and modified from there.

The question is why did the GOP voted against this plan. But, we now know that the GOP picked health care as a purely political fight wherein they wanted to prove that they could still run the government, even though they had so severely lost the election.

It was not a GOP plan, it was a plan someone with the Heritage Foundation came up with rather than have hillarycare passed, if needed. Neither plan was right for America then or now.

There's NO real tort reform in the ACA for ONE reason: Filthy rich tort lawyers like John Edwards OWN the Dem party and Obama.

Trial lawyers could win bonanza in health care reform - CNN.com

I've talked to docs privately when working in their homes who tell me defensive medicine is a HUGE factor in the high cost of HC
Tort reform is a red herring. Health care costs are driven by other factors. Or do you really want to limit recovery to $250,000 for some poor bastard who has the wrong leg amputated by Dr. Frankenputz?

Trial lawyers and malpractice law suits are not the reason why health insurance is costly.

The Harvard researchers took a huge sample of 31,000 medical records, dating from the mid-1980s, and had them evaluated by practicing doctors and nurses, the professionals most likely to be sympathetic to the demands of the doctor's office and operating room. The records went through multiple rounds of evaluation, and a finding of negligence was made only if two doctors, working independently, separately reached that conclusion. Even with this conservative methodology, the study found that doctors were injuring one out of every 25 patients—and that only 4 percent of these injured patients sued. The medical malpractice myth.

That doesn't seem to be a pressing problem, does it?

Frivolous lawsuits are already shitcanned by directed verdicts and sanctions.

The 'trial lawyers are the problem' tact is false.

Forum List

Back