The Accuracy of The Old Testament

You said it. You have provided -0- evidence. Thanks for clearing that up. And Hitler never killed any people in a holocaust because the Jews/Hebrews never existed?

You'd THINK? You just stated your entire argument in a nutshell. You provide 0 evidence......yet you THINK you are right?

Thinking exists only in one place. Between your ears. You are easy. You repeated the same argument that has already been refuted with logical truth. Repeat it enough and it becomes truth?

Circular Logic: an argument based upon a logical fallacy and repeated ad nauseam.

There is NO evidence for Exodus.. There is plenty of evidence for the Holocaust. Have you lost your mind?

If you told me a large meteor landed in my neighborhood and I couldn't find a crater or anyone who witnessed it, I'd say that the lack of evidence is evidence.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” was a phrase made popular by Carl Sagan

I never claimed there was NO truth in the OT, just none concerning a large exodus.

There were undoubtedly Jews in Egypt. Egyptian records also show they were there well after the period of the exodus acting as mercenaries for the Egyptians on their southern border.

You're talking about Elephantine Island? That was 800 years after the Exodus.

You're talking about Elephantine Island? That was 800 years after the Exodus.
I think it is safe to say that Jews and other groups would periodically come and go from Egypt. It was safe, rich, and had a stable source of food. Refugees from war or famine would go there, that too is in the Bible.

I think it is safe to say that Jews and other groups would periodically come and go from Egypt. It was safe, rich, and had a stable source of food. Refugees from war or famine would go there, that too is in the Bible.

Yep.. but the Jews were settled mercenaries on Elephantine Island. They had a synagogue.

Yep.. but the Jews were settled mercenaries on Elephantine Island. They had a synagogue.
I'm not sure what your point is. If a group of Jews came to settle in Egypt and acted as mercenaries, their children or grandchildren may have longed for the 'promised land' and some returned if there was peace and work there. It seems unlikely that every Jew traveled or lived with every other Jew.

I'm not sure what your point is. If a group of Jews came to settle in Egypt and acted as mercenaries, their children or grandchildren may have longed for the 'promised land' and some returned if there was peace and work there. It seems unlikely that every Jew traveled or lived with every other Jew.

The Jews of Elephantine – NJOP
Nov 16, 2015 · The Jews of Elephantine Island, which is located near the modern city of Aswan, once served as a military garrison of the Persian Empire guarding the southern border of Egypt around the 5th century B.C.E. Knowledge of the community of Elephantine Island first came to light around the beginning of the 20th century with the discovery of several Aramaic papyri and ostraka (pottery shards).

The ole logical fallacy dodge. You have "falsely" claimed that you have provided "burden of proof". When you presented, "Archaeology has FOUND NO EVIDENCE........."

Ok.........so you admit to not presenting any evidence of an archaeological find that falsifies anything in the Holy Scriptures. Got it. I rest my case. You refuse to present any evidence because you have admitted to the "fact" that you presented a negative find as evidence........basically you presented NOTHING, as you clearly stated that, "Archaeology has found no EVIDENCE............." that proves or disproves anything. Archaeology found nothing........so you basically presented NO EVIDENCE. So you still believe in "unicorns" and "fairy dust".

FYI: Because you can't find something does not mean it never existed. Its a logical fallacy based upon circular logic.

Disproving a Negative: As "Carl Sagan" states (and I am sure that he was more intelligent than anyone on this board), "What may be presented without evidence, may be dismissed without evidence......" -- Carl Sagan

YOU ARE "DISMISSED". :26: When I die and I am planted in the earth.........and someone might find my remains 1000s of years in the future, I hope that they do not claim that I am as old as the dirt in which I was found.

There's ample evidence of the Holocaust.

They borrowed myths from all surrounding cultures.
So they all had the same stories - hundreds of ancient cultures - through hundreds - thousands of years - and you still consider all of it a myth?

Maybe it's you that needs a better understanding.

So they all had the same stories - hundreds of ancient cultures - through hundreds - thousands of years - and you still consider all of it a myth?

Maybe it's you that needs a better understanding.
Have you read any of the myths? There are hundreds of creation myths.

Forum List

Back