The 2009 Baseball Season Thread

Twins smoking Royals 10-0 thru 4.

ChiSox skunk Tigers 8-0.

Still plenty of time for either team to blow it. But if the Twins win the division they will do so at a canter, if the Tigers make it they will limp in.

Either way, if the Tigers don't win tomorrow (and the Twins lose tomorrow), they will have to throw Verlander Sunday in which case they likely won't have a chance against the Yankees.

Pitching coach Chuck Hernandez was replaced this season by Rick Knapp who has made a big difference. For my money, hitting coach Lloyd McClendon needs to go this offseason. Our batting has been shockingly bad all season. If we don't make the playoffs, that's where the blame lies. I hate laying the blame at one door, but never has a team's main deficiency been clearer.

Tigers have to win tonight or they're gonna have to use up Verlander in the last game and not have him for a potential tie breaker playoff.

Last edited:
LA should have closed the division out three days ago, but nooooooo, of course not. Two games to go, Rockies one game behind having won last night. This reminds me of the Astros overtaking the Dodgers in the last three games of the season in 1991, I think it was. It rests on Kershaw tonight.

Tigers have to win tonight or they're gonna have to use up Verlander in the last game and not have him for a potential tie breaker playoff.

That's the case whatever happens but the Tigs are losing 5-1 anyway, just to make sure.

I've got tix for the home closer tomorrow, but it's not going to be the celebratory atmosphere it could have been.

It's been a bloody depressing 3 days in the Motor City. My son scoring a hat trick at soccer today was the only bright spot.

That's the case whatever happens but the Tigs are losing 5-1 anyway, just to make sure.

I've got tix for the home closer tomorrow, but it's not going to be the celebratory atmosphere it could have been.

It's been a bloody depressing 3 days in the Motor City. My son scoring a hat trick at soccer today was the only bright spot.

The Lions Cursed The Tigers.

The Lions Cursed The Tigers.

:lol:

This is the price we pay for one lousy Lions win?????

Game over.

Tigs outscored 21-4 over the last three games, and it's all tied up at the top of the Central.

I would say they're choking, if they hadn't been doing this shit all year.

Game over.

Tigs outscored 21-4 over the last three games, and it's all tied up at the top of the Central.

And as my post states above, the Red Wings are cursed as well. They lost 5-3 tonight after giving up 3 in the 2nd period.

Game over.

And as my post states above, the Red Wings are cursed as well. They lost 5-3 tonight after giving up 3 in the 2nd period.

Yeah. I watched that too. And I watched Michigan lose in overtime. Crap day.

Forum List

Back