The $1 Trillion Choice...

Mr. H.

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2009
A warm place with no memory.
Resident in Obama's proposed budget is a minimum of $40 billion in taxes on the oil and natural gas industries in this country. By removing long-standing provisions and unilaterally penalizing the very industries that are today flourishing, the long-term effect on government revenues would approach $1 Trillion.

The $1 Trillion Choice | Blog | Energy Tomorrow

“If we have one fundamental goal here in Washington, it should be to work towards growing the economy and increasing job creation, not doing unnecessary, arbitrary things to halt or reverse that process.” - Jay Carney, White House Press Secretary

Carney’s right. We need policies that help the economy. Yet, working against the economy and job creation is the likely result from the course the administration keeps pushing: discriminatory tax increases on our industry – one that already contributes an average of $86 million a day to the federal government in income taxes, bonus bids, rental payments, royalties and other fees.

Based on Annual Average Capital Expenditures, it looks like Oil and Gas is more than pulling it's weight around here.

I'm sick and tired of Obama's Ass-backwards approach to the economy.

Resident in Obama's proposed budget is a minimum of $40 billion in taxes on the oil and natural gas industries in this country. By removing long-standing provisions and unilaterally penalizing the very industries that are today flourishing, the long-term effect on government revenues would approach $1 Trillion.

The $1 Trillion Choice | Blog | Energy Tomorrow

“If we have one fundamental goal here in Washington, it should be to work towards growing the economy and increasing job creation, not doing unnecessary, arbitrary things to halt or reverse that process.” - Jay Carney, White House Press Secretary

Carney’s right. We need policies that help the economy. Yet, working against the economy and job creation is the likely result from the course the administration keeps pushing: discriminatory tax increases on our industry – one that already contributes an average of $86 million a day to the federal government in income taxes, bonus bids, rental payments, royalties and other fees.

Based on Annual Average Capital Expenditures, it looks like Oil and Gas is more than pulling it's weight around here.

I'm sick and tired of Obama's Ass-backwards approach to the economy.
America has passed tarriffs on foreign businesses attempting to run American businesses out of business and deliver unemployment to a lot of communities.

Obama chooses to pass tarriffs on American businesses to increase the current unemployment and demanding more government jobs be created to make up for it.

I think this is unsustainable, unconcionable, but popular with people who know nothing of business, since they are so well taken care of by the government.

We're ripe for becoming the newest member of the communist community under the tutelage of Obama the One who seems hell-bent on changing this free society into a totalitarian state in which he is the boss.

Can we move the election up 3 years to ensure that someone steeped in Communist doctrine from the cradle until 10 minutes before he started stumping for President, in which his party recreated history to erase all the things he told others about in the past to get free foreign student education in America's finest schools.

I'm tired of the DNC chucking America's entire history of success for a system of failure that has brought human beings to poverty in the world over and over.

I'm tired of people calling all whites racist when they're the ones saying "God damn America!" at the top of their lungs and cheering those who proffer such hubris in the ugliest imaginable way that makes everybody who hears it mad at someone else.

Forum List

Back