That freak in Florida doesn't speak for me

[Then in that case we let the the fanatics define what we call free speech? Since its only going to offend them anyway. Again as I stated before, "all on them, none on us."
We cannot stop speech based soley on the reaction of idiots.

And this is in no way like crying fire in a crowded theatre. That is an IMMIDIATE danger to life. This is not.
This issue occurs as a simple proposition in which people who are known to be capable of suicidal violence are about to be needlessly provoked by some publicity-seeking demagogue. Anyone who thinks it's okay to do what this troublemaker plans to do is a fool who deserves to be the recipient of any retaliation to such a stupidly thoughtless gesture as burning the Koran.

You don't torment mad dogs and you don't provoke fanatics -- unless you're a mindless idiot. Leave them alone!

What happens when just living your every day life isn't 'leaving them alone' anymore? Give an inch, they'll take a mile. If you believe that it will stop, then you are a fool.

Leaving them alone is no guarantee that they will leave you alone. Where does one draw the line????? Maybe we start with making our own choices, and learning to tolerate others. You attribute Radical Islam to being a mad or feral dog. If that was the case, reason is not part of the equation. Madrid, London, Mumbai, are all testimony against your reasoning.
Then presumably your reasoning is to provoke them by burning the Koran. If not, then what are you saying?

What else do you think we should do? Start killing Islamics until they're all dead? If so, what do you plan on doing with 1.5 billion corpses?

I actually believe Reform is the answer. I believe Life is Reform, I believe that is why we are all here. I do not believe that failing to address issues because of whom might be offended or threatened, is the solution either. I believe that tactic to be misguided. Logistically, timing matters, so we choose our challenges according to purpose. I don't condone what the Pastor is doing, there are allot of things in this Life I don't condone. I do support his Right's to act within the Law whether I agree with his motives or not. I am offended by double standards, Political Correctness, as if there is any nobility in it at all in it, and Totalitarian Dictate. Islam in it's current state is Predatory. I propose Reform.

Last edited:
Leaving them alone is no guarantee that they will leave you alone. Where does one draw the line????? Maybe we start with making our own choices, and learning to tolerate others. You attribute Radical Islam to being a mad or feral dog. If that was the case, reason is not part of the equation. Madrid, London, Mumbai, are all testimony against your reasoning.
Then presumably your reasoning is to provoke them by burning the Koran. If not, then what are you saying?

What else do you think we should do? Start killing Islamics until they're all dead? If so, what do you plan on doing with 1.5 billion corpses?

I actually believe Reform is the answer. I believe Life is Reform, I believe that is why we are all here. I do not believe that failing to address issues because of whom might be offended or threatened, is the solution either. I believe that tactic to be misguided. Logistically, timing matters, so we choose our challenges according to purpose. I don't condone what the Pastor is doing, there are allot of things in this Life I don't condone. I do support hid Right's to act within the Law whether I agree with his motives or not. I am offended by double standards, Political Correctness, as if there is any nobility in it at all, and Totalitarian Dictate. Islam in it's current state is Predatory. I propose Reform.

Great post Intense, wish I could rep you again. :)

I actually believe Reform is the answer. I believe Life is Reform, I believe that is why we are all here. I do not believe that failing to address issues because of whom might be offended or threatened, is the solution either. I believe that tactic to be misguided. Logistically, timing matters, so we choose our challenges according to purpose. I don't condone what the Pastor is doing, there are allot of things in this Life I don't condone. I do support hid Right's to act within the Law whether I agree with his motives or not. I am offended by double standards, Political Correctness, as if there is any nobility in it at all, and Totalitarian Dictate. Islam in it's current state is Predatory. I propose Reform.

I have to assume that you support the right to build a mosque in Southern Manhattan, even if you do not condone it.

America is an embaressement to me.
But I guess I won't throw them out.

Are you an Obama puppet? That creep apologized to the world for these embarrassing Americans who voted him into office.

So, you think we need to be sure not to say anything that offends those who are killing Americans in the name of their god? We need to toss out free speech? Personally, because of the threats that are so servere, I believe they need to call the burning off and just make a clear statement condemning the terrorism in the name of Allah, and get the support of the rest of aEmrica. Send that message to them. Then make sure that they don't set up their governmental processes in this country. We need to do that as united Americans.

I have to assume that you support the right to build a mosque in Southern Manhattan, even if you do not condone it.

I support the Right to build it, even though I know what it really is. It is my hope that through applied pressure, it will be constructed elsewhere. As a Capital Site, it will be seen as an act of Conquering. My position has been clear on this from the start. If it is built there, I would accept that as the will of the people. I also would not object to a Pork Store opening up next store to it, or a Gay Bar.

The "yelling fire in a theatre" exception to free speech requires an onsite immidiate danger. this does not apply, no matter how much a person wants it to.
The shouting Fire! exception to the First Amendment is metaphorical, not literal, and considering what the nature of the 9/11 attack and the frequent suicide bombings implies the same principle applies to this situation. There is equal potential for violent retaliation for burning the Koran as there is for panic from shouting Fire! in a crowded place.

Actually it is codified, and it requires IMMIDIATE harm as a condition. If you want to start making anti-blasphemy laws, well then go the hard route and amend the 1st amendment.

That guy is no Christian. He's a sick pos.

Interesting, he is the only one doing what his god demands he do. While the Christian is doing what his son says to do. The Christian and his Trinity have lost their way by seeking tolerance from the idol Jesus, and not the teachings of their father. Thou shall have no other gods before me.

Great post Intense, wish I could rep you again. :)

I did it for you.

I could not agree more! :clap2:

I support the Right to build it, even though I know what it really is. It is my hope that through applied pressure, it will be constructed elsewhere. As a Capital Site, it will be seen as an act of Conquering. My position has been clear on this from the start. If it is built there, I would accept that as the will of the people. I also would not object to a Pork Store opening up next store to it, or a Gay Bar.

Does that make you a supporter of Gay Bars? :lol:

The "yelling fire in a theatre" exception to free speech requires an onsite immidiate danger. this does not apply, no matter how much a person wants it to.
The shouting Fire! exception to the First Amendment is metaphorical, not literal, and considering what the nature of the 9/11 attack and the frequent suicide bombings implies the same principle applies to this situation. There is equal potential for violent retaliation for burning the Koran as there is for panic from shouting Fire! in a crowded place.

Actually it is codified, and it requires IMMIDIATE harm as a condition. If you want to start making anti-blasphemy laws, well then go the hard route and amend the 1st amendment.

and I will fight that move to the nth degree: a man has a right to blaspheme all he wants to -- "and let him who is without sin throw the first rock"

BTW: did anyone catch the imam's threat of Intifada Cartoon Violence and more style if this mosque is blocked -- interview on Larry King?

Now THAT pisses me off: NO VIOLENCE is EVER justified for ANY REASON except to stop violence and protect innocent and helpless humanity

. Y. You
My 'anti-muslim bias' is no different than your anti-christian bias.

Damn right I'm biased against this Church in Florida. Not my kind of Christian. You keep defending them, they hate Muslims and so do you.

There isn't any christian that is 'your' kind of christian.

You keep spreading the lie that I'm defending them when I've clearly stated what I'm defending. I hope it makes you feel better.

Yeah, Sky, I hate muslims. So much for friendship, eh?

Do you know any Muslims personally?

So, you think we need to be sure not to say anything that offends those who are killing Americans in the name of their god?

Are all Muslims doing this? Of course not. How can you people be so thickheaded?

Does that make you a supporter of Gay Bars? :lol:

I support Free Trade, and the right for them yo exist. That does not mean that I'm looking to long walks with you holding hands, taking hot showers with you, and spooning. :lol:

It does mean that We All are Human beings first, that it is for each of us to live our own lives, that includes accepting the personal preferences of others.

and I will fight that move to the nth degree: a man has a right to blaspheme all he wants to -- "and let him who is without sin throw the first rock"

BTW: did anyone catch the imam's threat of Intifada Cartoon Violence and more style if this mosque is blocked -- interview on Larry King?

Now THAT pisses me off: NO VIOLENCE is EVER justified for ANY REASON except to stop violence and protect innocent and helpless humanity

"NO VIOLENCE is EVER justified for ANY REASON except to stop violence and protect innocent and helpless humanity" :lol:

And what happens when simply posting Christian or Jewish or Budhist thought on a message board sets them off, or simply attending your faith's services sets them off? Do we change our lives for fear of 'setting them off'? Tell me where you would draw the line? Apparently you would restrict speech and free thought, so where would you stop?
You clearly take a pro-active stance and you appear to be among those who ideologically follow the self-serving demagogue in Florida who is intent on provoking Islamic fanatics into potential retaliation. I would like to know if you are eligible for military service, and if you are why you are not walking the walk instead of talking the talk here on an Internet message board.

This Florida phony's action is very likely to incite the kind of fanatics who plant roadside bombs and put on explosive vests to strike out at our troops at a time when we have managed to reduce that kind of activity. But why should you give a damn? You're here, not there, so what if your heroic armchair rhetoric gets a few Americans killed?

If a Jewish or Buddhist thought sets them off then react to what they do. But don't let some opportunist in Florida cause unnecessary problems.

Leave those fanatics alone! Don't provoke them, because we know what they are capable of. If you would rather take a more aggressive stance then join the Army instead of spouting this schoolboy bravado from the safety of your keyboard.

(Edited to remove an angry tone and unnecessary profanity, for which I apologize. MK)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back