That freak in Florida doesn't speak for me

And what happens when simply posting Christian or Jewish or Budhist thought on a message board sets them off, or simply attending your faith's services sets them off? Do we change our lives for fear of 'setting them off'? Tell me where you would draw the line? Apparently you would restrict speech and free thought, so where would you stop?
You clearly take a pro-active stance and you appear to be among those who ideologically follow the self-serving demagogue in Florida who is intent on provoking Islamic fanatics into potential retaliation. I would like to know if you are eligible for military service, and if you are why you are not walking the walk instead of talking the talk here on an Internet message board.

This Florida phony's action is very likely to incite the kind of fanatics who plant roadside bombs and put on explosive vests to strike out at our troops at a time when we have managed to reduce that kind of activity. But why should you give a damn? You're here, not there, so what if your heroic armchair rhetoric gets a few Americans killed?

If a Jewish or Buddhist thought sets them off then react to what they do. But don't let some opportunist in Florida cause unnecessary problems.

Leave those fanatics alone! Don't provoke them, because we know what they are capable of. If you would rather take a more aggressive stance then join the Army instead of spouting this schoolboy bravado from the safety of your keyboard.

(Edited to remove an angry tone and unnecessary profanity, for which I apologize. MK)

What a load of Horse Shit. ;)

Intense said:
hjmick said:
One of these statements is true...

That is what is being reported on the news. ;)

Keep watching...

You nailed it!!! Good call. It seems that there was a conspiracy of misdirection and misreporting. Very well executed. Imagine the powers and forces expended to pull that scheme off. I am impressed. Wag The Dog. God Damn they were flawless in pulling it off. .... Well almost. They should have given it a few more hours before letting the cat out of the bag. ;) Good observation hjmick. I'm repping you for an accurate call.

And what happens when simply posting Christian or Jewish or Budhist thought on a message board sets them off, or simply attending your faith's services sets them off? Do we change our lives for fear of 'setting them off'? Tell me where you would draw the line? Apparently you would restrict speech and free thought, so where would you stop?
You clearly take a pro-active stance and you appear to be among those who ideologically follow the self-serving demagogue in Florida who is intent on provoking Islamic fanatics into potential retaliation. I would like to know if you are eligible for military service, and if you are why you are not walking the walk instead of talking the talk here on an Internet message board.

This Florida phony's action is very likely to incite the kind of fanatics who plant roadside bombs and put on explosive vests to strike out at our troops at a time when we have managed to reduce that kind of activity. But why should you give a damn? You're here, not there, so what if your heroic armchair rhetoric gets a few Americans killed?

If a Jewish or Buddhist thought sets them off then react to what they do. But don't let some opportunist in Florida cause unnecessary problems.

Leave those fanatics alone! Don't provoke them, because we know what they are capable of. If you would rather take a more aggressive stance then join the Army instead of spouting this schoolboy bravado from the safety of your keyboard.

(Edited to remove an angry tone and unnecessary profanity, for which I apologize. MK)

Congratulations, you're a slave. :cuckoo:

Maybe the control freaks could redirect that energy to the real threat, huh. Just a thought. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe the control freaks could redirect that energy to the real threat, huh. Just a thought. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya know, Intense, maybe we've (Christians) had it wrong all of these years, and we should have been using the threat of violence to get our way and to impose our will on everyone around us. Just look at how the left is willing to not only bend over backwards to accomodate those who would do horrible violence on others that won't conform to their ways, but they're actually defending them too. How stupid have we been??? :lol:

Ya know, Intense, maybe we've (Christians) had it wrong all of these years, and we should have been using the threat of violence to get our way and to impose our will on everyone around us. Just look at how the left is willing to not only bend over backwards to accomodate those who would do horrible violence on others that won't conform to their ways, but they're actually defending them too. How stupid have we been??? :lol:

It's like when they battle us, they bring everything but the kitchen sink, when they battle real threat, it's white flags, knee pads, K-Y Jelly and Vaseline they pack. ;) Why do you think that is????? :lol:

Or 99.999% of Christians.

He is someone that has distorted views of what it is to be a Christian, and doesn't hold OUR viewpoints. He is the same as Fred Phelps, with an agenda of hate to spread.

And if ANY soldiers or innocent people are killed because of what he wants to do, the blood is on HIS HANDS, and anyone else that participates in this sideshow of burning the Koran.

This is my opinion. -EZ

Well, so you seem to be saying that we should never use extremists in a religion as an opportunity to tar that whole religion with the same brush?

Interesting. That's a concept that's been vehemently disputed around here in the past couple weeks,

in case you missed it.

Maybe those folks will stop in to debate you.

lol

Or 99.999% of Christians.

He is someone that has distorted views of what it is to be a Christian, and doesn't hold OUR viewpoints. He is the same as Fred Phelps, with an agenda of hate to spread.

And if ANY soldiers or innocent people are killed because of what he wants to do, the blood is on HIS HANDS, and anyone else that participates in this sideshow of burning the Koran.

This is my opinion. -EZ

Well, so you seem to be saying that we should never use extremists in a religion as an opportunity to tar that whole religion with the same brush?

Interesting. That's a concept that's been vehemently disputed around here in the past couple weeks,

in case you missed it.

Maybe those folks will stop in to debate you.

lol

Sorry Charlie, Those extremist's with the gun's and bombs, put everyone not on the same page as them on the menu. Get it??? No, I realize that's too much to hope for. Don't forget your battle pack, and remember to bring your tooth brush an mouth wash. ;)

It's like when they battle us, they bring everything but the kitchen sink, when they battle real threat, it's white flags, knee pads, K-Y Jelly and Vaseline they pack. ;) Why do you think that is????? :lol:

Well, just think of all of those nutcase anti-abortion extremists that might be willing to bomb an abortion clinic every time someone had an abortion. I mean, would they be willing to preach to everyone to quit having abortions so as not to 'provoke' the anti-abortion extremists?? Would they accuse those of going to have an abortion of putting innocent lives at risk by exercising their rights and produce tons of peer pressure to stop them from having abortions?? Could you see that happening??? :lol:

Well, just think of all of those nutcase anti-abortion extremists that might be willing to bomb an abortion clinic every time someone had an abortion. I mean, would they be willing to preach to everyone to quit having abortions so as not to 'provoke' the anti-abortion extremists?? Would they accuse those of going to have an abortion of putting innocent lives at risk by exercising their rights and produce tons of peer pressure to stop them from having abortions?? Could you see that happening??? :lol:

No. They are wrong for threatening the clinics with violence. They are more Right leaning in thought, not capable of the reverse reasoning that dominates the Left. Moral Relativism is not in their DNA. Their bodies reject it in pretty much every form. :lol:

Sad thing is he has a lot of followers/supporters (aka fools).

he doesn't. his congregation has about 50 wackos....

i think maybe the media shouldn't have encouraged him by publicizing this. i know that's not what the press does, but sometimes maybe we shouldn't give attention to scum.... especially if it is going to endanger people.

You are correct. The NYT was told over and over again that publishing all those Abu Garhib pictures put the soldiers at risk but that didn't stop them from doing so.

Or for the progressives to want them to be published. Selective outrage IMO.

he doesn't. his congregation has about 50 wackos....

i think maybe the media shouldn't have encouraged him by publicizing this. i know that's not what the press does, but sometimes maybe we shouldn't give attention to scum.... especially if it is going to endanger people.

You are correct. The NYT was told over and over again that publishing all those Abu Garhib pictures put the soldiers at risk but that didn't stop them from doing so.

Or for the progressives to want them to be published. Selective outrage IMO.

Consider what is currently going on with the leaked CIA Documents.

I hope he burns it today. All Americans should burn a koran on every 9/11... Or at least an effigy of dick cheney holding a koran.

I hope he burns it today. All Americans should burn a koran on every 9/11... Or at least an effigy of dick cheney holding a koran.

Can We burn a Copy of our Tax Return's every April 15th??? Can We! Can We! Can I light the match???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Four demonstrators were seriously wounded when Afghan security forces opened fire as thousands of protestors tried to storm several government buildings in Pul-e-Alam, the capital of Logar province, south of Kabul, a provincial official said.

"The security forces did not want any trouble but were forced to open fire when the protestors tried to force their way into the buildings," said Din Mohammad Darwish, the provincial governor's spokesman.

Demonstrators also hurled stones at the buildings, including the department for women's affairs, causing some damage. Pul-e-Alam is located some 70km (40 miles) south of the capital, Kabul.

"MORE BLOODY ATTACKS"

Elsewhere in northeastern Badakhshan province, where a day earlier one protestor was shot dead, several thousand people took to the streets in three separate districts, provincial police chief Aqa Noor Kentuz said.

"Demonstrators have come in their thousands to protest the Koran burning, though so far it is peaceful. Our police force is there to prevent any violence," he told Reuters.

A spokesman for the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said he was aware of two demonstrations in Badakhshan. He said no ISAF forces were involved and that the protests were not near any military bases.

In a statement posted on their website, alemarah-iea.com/, the Taliban called on all Afghans to join the hardline Islamists in their fight against the Western forces and warned of more attacks if the Koran burning went ahead.

"This stupid pastor who wants to avenge the September 11 attacks by burning the Koran will not only cause hundreds of bloody attacks in the United States but also throughout the world," the statement said.

On Friday, a crowd estimated at 10,000, protested on the streets of Faizabad, the capital of Badakhshan, after special prayers for Eid al-Fitr, the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.

One protester was shot dead when a smaller group attacked a German-run NATO base in Faizabad, hurling stones at the outpost. Protesters also gathered in the capital, Kabul, and in four other provinces, mainly in the west of the country.

Similar protests over perceived desecration of Muslim symbols have led to dozens of deaths in Afghanistan in recent years, including after a Danish newspaper published a cartoon depicting the Prophet Mohammad in 2005.

Afghans protest Koran burning for second day | Reuters

Drudge Flash Back

Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses
Adjust font-size: + –
Kimberly West
Published June 18, 2007 by:
Kimberly West

After defeating their rivals in Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah movement, Muslim extremists are focusing their attacks on Christians in Gaza City. Christians in Gaza City have issued an appeal to the
international community and a plea for protection against the increased attacks by Muslim extremists.

Father Manuel Musallem, head of Gaza's Latin church, told the AP that Muslims have ransacked, burned and looted a school and convent that are part of the Gaza Strip's small Romany Catholic community. He told the AP that crosses were broken, damage was done to a statue of Jesus, and at the Rosary Sister School and nearby convent, prayer books were burned.

Gunmen used the roof of the school during the fighting, and the convent was "desecrated," Mussalem told the AP.

"Nothing happens by mistake these days," he said.

Father Musalam additionally told The Jerusalem Post that the Muslim gunmen used rocket-propeled grenades (RPGs) to blow through the doors of the church and school, before burning Bibles and destroying every cross they could get their hands on.

Catholic Online reports that the heads of Christian churches in the Holy Land have urged both sides to put aside their weapons, noting that the infighting diverted international attention from the national goal of Palestinian independence.

"This domestic fighting where brother draws his weapon against brother is detrimental to all the aspirations of achieving security and stability for the Palestinian people," they said. "In the name of the one and only God as well as in the name of each devastated Palestinian, many of whom are still dying, we urge our brothers in the Fatah and Hamas movements to listen to the voice of reason, truth and wisdom."

One young woman told the Catholic News Service that she was concerned the Islamic extremists would "enforce a strict dress code, forcing women to wear veils and robes." One Christian teenager spoke to the Catholic News Service on the condition that her name not be used. She said the days of fighting had been "very difficult" but they were "OK now."

Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Drudge Flash Back

Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses
Adjust font-size: + –
Kimberly West
Published June 18, 2007 by:
Kimberly West

After defeating their rivals in Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah movement, Muslim extremists are focusing their attacks on Christians in Gaza City. Christians in Gaza City have issued an appeal to the
international community and a plea for protection against the increased attacks by Muslim extremists.

Father Manuel Musallem, head of Gaza's Latin church, told the AP that Muslims have ransacked, burned and looted a school and convent that are part of the Gaza Strip's small Romany Catholic community. He told the AP that crosses were broken, damage was done to a statue of Jesus, and at the Rosary Sister School and nearby convent, prayer books were burned.

Gunmen used the roof of the school during the fighting, and the convent was "desecrated," Mussalem told the AP.

"Nothing happens by mistake these days," he said.

Father Musalam additionally told The Jerusalem Post that the Muslim gunmen used rocket-propeled grenades (RPGs) to blow through the doors of the church and school, before burning Bibles and destroying every cross they could get their hands on.

Catholic Online reports that the heads of Christian churches in the Holy Land have urged both sides to put aside their weapons, noting that the infighting diverted international attention from the national goal of Palestinian independence.

"This domestic fighting where brother draws his weapon against brother is detrimental to all the aspirations of achieving security and stability for the Palestinian people," they said. "In the name of the one and only God as well as in the name of each devastated Palestinian, many of whom are still dying, we urge our brothers in the Fatah and Hamas movements to listen to the voice of reason, truth and wisdom."

One young woman told the Catholic News Service that she was concerned the Islamic extremists would "enforce a strict dress code, forcing women to wear veils and robes." One Christian teenager spoke to the Catholic News Service on the condition that her name not be used. She said the days of fighting had been "very difficult" but they were "OK now."

Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Where's the AP article it mentions?

Forum List

Back