Thanksgiving dinner support group

Arlette

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2023
I'm stressing out about Thanksgiving. I gotta cook this year and apparently I already screwed up. I got an 18 pound turkey for 10 people. So I get more meat, more pots, more stress. Should I smoke weed or not?

I'm stressing out about Thanksgiving. I gotta cook this year and apparently I already screwed up. I got an 18 pound turkey for 10 people. So I get more meat, more pots, more stress. Should I smoke weed or not?
Yes. 18 lbs for 10 people is plenty, derp!
If you want more meat, get a cheap shank ham.

I'm be here, abusing my fiends, while the wife is at the daughters helping set up the family meal.

• Banned
It's stressing me out that everything has to be ready at the same time

Now I have to do more meat. It's gotta go in the same oven somehow. I only have four burners and they expect the whole spread

Some things can be reheated on range top, and some in the oven at times with the bird. That book has a make ahead mash potato recipe and even schedules showing you the timing needed.

Do you have a BBQ? if so you can use indirect heat to re-heat stuff out there.

Or do what everyone else does and ask others to make some of the sides. Give your worst cook guest the canned cranberry thing to bring.

Some things can be reheated on range top, and some in the oven at times with the bird. That book has a make ahead mash potato recipe and even schedules showing you the timing needed.

Do you have a BBQ? if so you can use indirect heat to re-heat stuff out there.

Or do what everyone else does and ask others to make some of the sides. Give your worst cook guest the canned cranberry thing to bring.
They are bringing the sweets, the pumpkin pie and stuff. I may just outsource the sides to our local Denny's

Oh, definitely, but just enough to take the edge off, as you plan and execute. Better skip the bud next Wednesday and Thursday or you'll screw it up. Maybe Tuesday too, depending on your plan.

They are bringing the sweets, the pumpkin pie and stuff. I may just outsource the sides to our local Denny's

Stovetop stuffing takes 15 min to boil the water and 5 min to soak in. Adding some of the juices from the turkey in place of the water or using chicken stock instead of water makes it more flavorful.

Green bean casserole, make the night before. Look up a Mashed potato casserole (made night before) on the web, that can be made night before.

Store buy the gravy and add some turkey drippings to it.

I'm on oxygen, 24/7. I would need to take 3-4 tanks to handle my needs just for the afternoon.

easier to let her bring me some leftovers
I'm sorry to hear that and I mean it. I just love parties. Any excuse to get together and have fun. I just prefer to eat instead of cook.

I'm sorry to hear that and I mean it. I just love parties. Any excuse to get together and have fun. I just prefer to eat instead of cook.
I've (almost) learned to accept it.

Hate not seeing the grandkids when they show up for these gatherings. (they range between 21-25, and live a min 2 hours away)

Forum List

Back