Thanks, Obama! Less Than Half of Marine Corps Aircraft are Ready to Fly

Most of America still does not get it. Obama was, and remains, the enemy of America.

Seems very unlikely that they would be able to salvage anything usable from a boneyard. There are countless revision changes over a period of years.

Maybe if repugs weren't constantly trying to play games in their vain attempts to kill the ACA, the budgets wouldn't have had to go through the sequester. And maybe if the military wasn't spending all kinds of money on crap programs like the LCS, the Osprey, the F-35, etc, etc, etc., they would have some money for spare parts.

A trending from 2001 to 2015 would be helpful to see the entire picture.

Not that weatherman would shade the truth. :lol:

Wasn't the military budget slashed due to the Sequestration?
Obama demanded sequestration and then blamed it on the GOP after he signed it.

It gut the military.

No he didn't and no it didn't.

Question is - the cheeto is too dumb to understand the debt ceiling. Will the Rs shut down the govt again?

In any event, stop saying the military is gutted. Try educating yourself as to how much was spent, on what and by whom.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You know, I read the article and 2 things popped out at me...........number one was what they said about the reason the aircraft were out and they said the main one was because the aircraft were outdated and over their service life, meaning we should have built new ones to replace them.

The other one was at the bottom of the article where they said that while the money is a start, they said they can't fix in one year what all of the years of sequester had done. Here's the actual quote from the article...................

President Trump has proposed a $603 billion defense budget in fiscal 2018 to help fill some of these gaps and improve readiness across the military, but many lawmakers on Capitol Hill have said that number is not high enough. Instead they are pushing for the $640 billion topline championed by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas.

"While we cannot repair all of the damage done as a result of sequestration in a single year, we can and should do more than this level of funding will provide," Turner said. "For national security reasons, we cannot afford to wait until 2019 to begin to rebuild our military."

Guess what? The sequester was put in place by the GOP.

Not entirely true, but you know that.

What's really bad is what they have to do to get replacement parts. They scavenge aircraft that have been sitting in bone yards for decades. How safe do you suppose those parts are? Good enough I guess as long as it isn't your son flying.

Have you ever been a member of a military squadron? I have, was with VFA-131 from 1989 until 1993. In the cases where we couldn't get parts, we simply put the aircraft in the hangar until we were able to get the parts.

And no, there wasn't a single time that we sent mechanics to the "boneyard" to go get parts. At the worst, if it was an I level problem, meaning that the squadron didn't have the means to fix the aircraft, it was sent to the CAG for repairs and we got another plane if we were getting ready to deploy.

You shuffled paper for the Navy. Your terms are all wrong BTW.

You know, I read the article and 2 things popped out at me...........number one was what they said about the reason the aircraft were out and they said the main one was because the aircraft were outdated and over their service life, meaning we should have built new ones to replace them.

The other one was at the bottom of the article where they said that while the money is a start, they said they can't fix in one year what all of the years of sequester had done. Here's the actual quote from the article...................

President Trump has proposed a $603 billion defense budget in fiscal 2018 to help fill some of these gaps and improve readiness across the military, but many lawmakers on Capitol Hill have said that number is not high enough. Instead they are pushing for the $640 billion topline championed by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas.

"While we cannot repair all of the damage done as a result of sequestration in a single year, we can and should do more than this level of funding will provide," Turner said. "For national security reasons, we cannot afford to wait until 2019 to begin to rebuild our military."

Guess what? The sequester was put in place by the GOP.

Who was it that signed the bill into law? Obama. Who first presented the bill? A democrat. Who was in control of Senate in 2013? Democrats.

Budget Control Act of 2011 - Wikipedia

The article didn't say anything ab out the budget control act, it specifically said that the sequester was responsible for the planes being out of commission, and the GOP is the one who pushed through the sequester.

Was the sequester a bill that passed congress? Did Obama sign it? No the article didn't say anything about a bill passed by democrats and signed by a democrat. They are not truthful with you then mention sequester as if that were something. It isn't. Or maybe it was just something for Obama to use as an excuse to shut out vets from visiting national memorials.

Either way, what they are talking about is what I provided to you.

What's really bad is what they have to do to get replacement parts. They scavenge aircraft that have been sitting in bone yards for decades. How safe do you suppose those parts are? Good enough I guess as long as it isn't your son flying.

Have you ever been a member of a military squadron? I have, was with VFA-131 from 1989 until 1993. In the cases where we couldn't get parts, we simply put the aircraft in the hangar until we were able to get the parts.

And no, there wasn't a single time that we sent mechanics to the "boneyard" to go get parts. At the worst, if it was an I level problem, meaning that the squadron didn't have the means to fix the aircraft, it was sent to the CAG for repairs and we got another plane if we were getting ready to deploy.

You shuffled paper for the Navy. Your terms are all wrong BTW.

Cool, point out exactly where my terms were wrong.

Forum List

Back