Thanks Ms Obama: Why Obesity Rates are Falling Among Preschoolers

Now the loons will get to see what real starvation looks like...

Not the fake "if you're obese you're malnourished" type they're currently touting as an explanation of why the poor of this country are more likely to be obese than anyone anywhere else...which flies in the face of their fake hysteria over the "starvation" of the welfare class.

I have said all along that we will start seeing the real face of hunger now that the progressives are running things. And it is right on track....

Well the original initiative began in 2004. Gee, who was President then?

:)

"The HealthierUS School Challenge (HUSSC) is a voluntary initiative established in 2004 to recognize those schools participating in the National School Lunch Program that have created healthier school environments through promotion of nutrition and physical activity.

In February 2010, First Lady Michelle Obama introduced Let's Move!, incorporating the HealthierUS School Challenge into her campaign to raise a healthier generation of kids. At the time, monetary incentive awards became available for each HUSSC award level: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Gold Award of Distinction.

Let's Move! - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia!

So it's a good thing only when Bush does it? Gotcha :lol:

I didn't make it an either/or. I think any fight against childhood obesity and the problems that come with it like juvenile diabetes is a good fight.

But THANKS MRS OBAMA as your thread title? :lol: I admire her initiatives but to give her headline status in glowing lights?

Here's something that should be pointed out. Your stats are based taken from 2008 to 2011.

Let's move started in 2010. And anything to get kid's asses up off the couch and away from the computer is a great.

But the true nutrional initiatives didn't come into play until 2012. One year after the statistics.

Please note the dates:

U.S. Standards for School Snacks Move Beyond Cafeteria to Fight Obesity
By RON NIXON
Published: June 27, 2013

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration on Thursday released long-awaited nutrition standards for foods that schoolchildren can buy outside the cafeteria, changes that are intended to combat climbing childhood obesity rates.

The new rules come a year after the administration updated standards for the federally subsidized school lunch and breakfast programs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/28/us/more-standards-released-for-school-nutrition.html?_r=0

Last edited:
economy sucks. poor arent able to buy food like they normally would. not surprising that the obesity rate drops.

Actually, of course, the opposite is true.

Good food is more expensive than McD's type shit. More calories for the buck.

If you can afford it and if you care about your health, you buy real food. Meaning, no boxes, no paper wrappers and ingredients you can afford.

If you're broke, it doesn't matter that you know McD's shit IS shit. Its all you can afford.

Why Obesity Rates are Falling Among Preschoolers | TIME.com

Good job promoting getting off your ass no matter how mad the Repub were at the message :cool:

Will you give the Obamas credit for the sun coming up in the East next?

In 3 years he'll be just another college graduate looking for a job.

Yeah. And no "real" work experience, right?

One of your loony friends recently wrote that poor (two term prez of the US) will never win another election.

I've said this board has shown me that real racism, the KKK mind of mindless hate, is alive and well. It has also shown me just how stupid rw's are.

I don't care whether Bush or Obama caused the decrease in childhood obesity. I applaud them both on their efforts. Any administration has to recognize that an obese population is less productive for the state. And any intelligent population has to recognize that obesity is counterproductive to resisting state control. I see it as a win/win for both sides. No need to bring partisan politics into it.

the Far Right and Left will bring politics into the upcoming Magnetic Pole reversal from the Sun...

I want to see what the far left does with the second coming of Christ.

what else?.....blame his coming on the Republicans.....

Between 2008 and 2011, 18 U.S. states and one territory reported small, but statistically significant declines in obesity among this group of preschoolers. The findings, based on data from12 million children aged two to four years who participate in federally funded maternal- and child-nutrition programs, show that childhood obesity rates in Florida, Georgia, Missouri, New Jersey, South Dakota, and the U.S. Virgin Islands declined by at least a 1%, and 20 other states and Puerto Rico maintained their current rates while only three states saw slight increases. The results are encouraging, since in the U.S., about one in eight preschoolers are obese, and kids are five times more likely to be overweight or obese as adults if they are overweight between the ages of three and five.

“We’ve seen isolated reports in the past that have had encouraging trends, but this is the first report to show many states with declining rates of obesity in our youngest children after literally decades of rising rates,” says Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the CDC.

Frieden credits the turn-around to a combination of more intensive government programs to provide healthy foods to low-income families, as well as greater awareness of the importance of nutrition and healthy weight overall. For example, the the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program, which provides nutritious foods and information on healthy eating and health care referrals to low-income pregnant women, promotes breastfeeding and offers whole fruits and vegetables instead of fruit juice. Breastfeeding has been linked in some studies to lower rates of obesity among children, and studies show that kids who eat fresh produce are less likely to turn to the high-calorie, sugary snacks and beverages that have been associated with weight gain. And programs like Let’s Move!, which encourage kids to be physically active, are also helping youngsters to maintain a healthy balance between the amount of calories they eat and the amount they burn off.

Read more: Why Obesity Rates are Falling Among Preschoolers | TIME.com

Good job promoting getting off your ass no matter how mad the Repub were at the message :cool:

oh right so in 2 and a half years its all on obama and his wife? dude, please...

economy sucks. poor arent able to buy food like they normally would. not surprising that the obesity rate drops.

If you can afford it and if you care about your health, you buy real food. Meaning, no boxes, no paper wrappers and ingredients you can afford.

If you're broke, it doesn't matter that you know McD's shit IS shit. Its all you can afford.

:lol:

I've heard this bullshit argument for years.

I dare you to take the full cost of McD's for 4 kids and 2 adults and see what you can buy for the same amount in fresh vegetables and fruits.

Will you give the Obamas credit for the sun coming up in the East next?

In 3 years he'll be just another college graduate looking for a job.

Yeah. And no "real" work experience, right?

One of your loony friends recently wrote that poor (two term prez of the US) will never win another election.

I've said this board has shown me that real racism, the KKK mind of mindless hate, is alive and well. It has also shown me just how stupid rw's are.

it has also shown everyone how much you whine.......and what a Far Left Hack you are.....

Ok, ok...thanks IN PART to Ms Obama.

Yes, and in her efforts to feed children food they don't like and won't eat, she should show them how her "before and after pictures" of dieting with taxpayer dollars and private personal fitness instructors, helped her achieve the "new and improved" look of health but no happiness.

:lol:

I've heard this bullshit argument for years.

I dare you to take the full cost of McD's for 4 kids and 2 adults and see what you can buy for the same amount in fresh vegetables and fruits.

I took the kids to mcd's last night...we spent mmore than $19 on 2 dbl cheeseburgers, 1 chicken Mcnugget 6-pc, 1 large fry and 3 choc chip frappe.

I wanted a frappe so we all had them, the frappes were over $9.

So even without them, $10...I could buy a roast and a bag of potatoes for $10 and we would have eaten for 3 days on it.

But I didn't because I didn't want to cook.

Which is okay, because the gov't doesn't subsidize me....if it did, I would count that as a foolish waste of money. Well it was a foolish waste of money anyway.

I can easily feed 3 people 3 meals on $10. McD's won't even feed you one real meal for $10.

So no, good food is NOT more expensive than McD's shit. Luddly just thinks that because he's a lazy retard who doesn't know how to shop or cook, and probably has never had to, thanks to entitlement programs.

Last edited:
Yeah when the main jobs low income families can find are part time that tends to make you cut back on the old food budget which in turn will lead to weight loss probably not the recommended way to go though.

Morons.

Fast food went on strike. Don't you clowns know anything?

:dev3:

The answer to solving obesity is striking low wage button pushers.

Mrs. Obama's kid healthy food and anti-obesity crusade is a righteous crusade and one fit for the first lady. I applaud her for it and hope it succeeds.

I see kids all over the place fat as sin, so I am glad someone is trying to do something.

Between 2008 and 2011, 18 U.S. states and one territory reported small, but statistically significant declines in obesity among this group of preschoolers. The findings, based on data from12 million children aged two to four years who participate in federally funded maternal- and child-nutrition programs, show that childhood obesity rates in Florida, Georgia, Missouri, New Jersey, South Dakota, and the U.S. Virgin Islands declined by at least a 1%, and 20 other states and Puerto Rico maintained their current rates while only three states saw slight increases. The results are encouraging, since in the U.S., about one in eight preschoolers are obese, and kids are five times more likely to be overweight or obese as adults if they are overweight between the ages of three and five.

“We’ve seen isolated reports in the past that have had encouraging trends, but this is the first report to show many states with declining rates of obesity in our youngest children after literally decades of rising rates,” says Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the CDC.

Frieden credits the turn-around to a combination of more intensive government programs to provide healthy foods to low-income families, as well as greater awareness of the importance of nutrition and healthy weight overall. For example, the the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program, which provides nutritious foods and information on healthy eating and health care referrals to low-income pregnant women, promotes breastfeeding and offers whole fruits and vegetables instead of fruit juice. Breastfeeding has been linked in some studies to lower rates of obesity among children, and studies show that kids who eat fresh produce are less likely to turn to the high-calorie, sugary snacks and beverages that have been associated with weight gain. And programs like Let’s Move!, which encourage kids to be physically active, are also helping youngsters to maintain a healthy balance between the amount of calories they eat and the amount they burn off.

It's no surprise that looking at her pic will cause kids to lose weight.

Not true.

starting with the necessity of "more calories" for the buck Yes, fast food provides you plenty of calories, but it does not mean you need them.

You do not need more than 1500-1800 calories per day unless you are chopping wood or plowing.
That amount can be prepared from raw products EASILY.

Buying raw products and cooking food is much cheaper than eating at McD.

That's a libtard myth for promoting obesity and laziness that eating fast food or processed food is cheaper.

oh right so in 2 and a half years its all on obama and his wife? dude, please...

Sure because thats not remotely what I said so of course you think I did. Its easier to fight that strawman aint it?

Not true.

starting with the necessity of "more calories" for the buck Yes, fast food provides you plenty of calories, but it does not mean you need them.

You do not need more than 1500-1800 calories per day unless you are chopping wood or plowing.
That amount can be prepared from raw products EASILY.

Buying raw products and cooking food is much cheaper than eating at McD.

That's a libtard myth for promoting obesity and laziness that eating fast food or processed food is cheaper.

Hold up because this is a first. Are you saying that healthy fresh foods are cheaper than McD's? Or fresh healthy foods are generally less expensive than crap food? I really really hope not

Forum List

Back