Thankless Jobs: what's a cop supposed to do

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
I really dont understand what society expects of cops today. I see nothing wrong here except the girl's inability to even learn

When I was in school, a lot of the students got brutalized a lot worse. Its an educational technique designed to instill lessons into the children.

If a kid uses bad language, and a nun comes up from behind and immediately rams his head into the blackboard, like Pavlov's Best Friend he's has learned not to do that.

I really dont understand what society expects of cops today. I see nothing wrong here except the girl's inability to even learn

Society misuses the police. The police should be called into a situation as a final measure when all other options have failed. However in this day and age; with the current love of a nanny state; calling the police is often the first thing people do. People have forfeited their own personal agency, and have instead ceded all recourse to the state. They have traded freedom, for a false sense of security. We all know how that ends...

Police officer should have used the OC spray, instead of wrestling with Sasquatch.

It’s disgusting to see a Chief if Police side with a criminal instead of his officer. So far as I’m concerned the officer was actually quite restrained in his use of force.

It’s disgusting to see a Chief if Police side with a criminal instead of his officer. So far as I’m concerned the officer was actually quite restrained in his use of force.
A criminal? Get the fuck out of here. It’s an 11year old girl not listening to a teacher/ principal... Fer fucks sake...

A criminal? Get the fuck out of here. It’s an 11year old girl not listening to a teacher/ principal... Fer fucks sake...

Ya know…you’d hope these shit heads endorsing the brutalization of a child were just kidding…. but I think we both know that they are just that deranged to not be.

Ya know…you’d hope these shit heads endorsing the brutalization of a child were just kidding…. but I think we both know that they are just that deranged to not be.
The cop in this instance is simply the wrong tool for the job. This situation should have been handled by the school staff. But in typical modern fashion; people slough off their responsibility, onto the police. And this is what you get. When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer; every problem looks like a nail...

So a "child" is exempt from complying to an officer's request or being detained for questioning, because the child was acting irrationally in public?

The cop in this instance is simply the wrong tool for the job. This situation should have been handled by the school staff. But in typical modern fashion; people slough off their responsibility, onto the police. And this is what you get. When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer; every problem looks like a nail...

Theres a lot of truth to that. Look at our Congress.

Police officer should have used the OC spray, instead of wrestling with Sasquatch.
Actually the police officer should have told the principal to handle his shit. Do your fucking job!

Actually the police officer should have told the principal to handle his shit. Do your fucking job!
They didnt "call the cops." He was placed there to handle this
Not sure what the typo was meant to say; but I’ll disagree anyway. Police presence at schools is meant to provide quick reaction in the event of a dangerous situation such as a school shooting, or other violence. Not to handle the basic outbursts of 11 year old children. Real cops would have gotten in the face of the principal and told him to “do his own fucking job”.

Last edited:
They dont because of lawsuits from the water buffalo's mama
Just a further example of society ceding agency to the state. Sounds like you’ve defaulted to the “if you can’t beat em’; join em’” programming. Pretty sad. Freedom lovers would push back against these types of people, and this kind of thing. Instead you’ve decided to start carrying their water.
Ahhh well... I guess every man has their breaking point. What was it that broke you..?

Just a further example of society ceding agency to the state. Sounds like you’ve defaulted to the “if you can’t beat em’; join em’” programming. Pretty sad. Freedom lovers would push back against these types of people, and this kind of thing. Instead you’ve decided to start carrying their water.
Ahhh well... I guess every man has their breaking point. What was it that broke you..?
You make a lot of ASSumptions and you didnt know what you're talking about from the beginning.

I have real solutions. You didnt axe. You just made your ASSumptions.

The truth is, while you TALK about freedom on this board. NOTHING will change in that school or any other school by your rant here.

The cop should have been backed by all of us. You're a fool if you dont see that.
.we'll put this unruly child in your home. You'll be calling the cops soon enough

Last edited:
You make a lot of ASSumptions and you didnt know what you're talking about from the beginning.

The truth is, while you TALK about freedom on this board. NOTHING will change in that school or any other school by your rant here.

The cop should have been backed by all of us. You're a fool if you dont see that.
.we'll put this unruly child in your home. You'll be calling the cops soon enough
If the people who know me, know only one thing about me; it’s this... “I don’t call the police”.

If the people who know me, know only one thing about me; it’s this... “I don’t call the police”.
We'll drop her off for you to babysit internet tough guy.

Forum List

Back