Thank you for this community

Rust_Cohle

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2021
[Redacted]
I'm trying to find the exact thread now so I now who to personally thank. I believe Gunny was one but there were a couple others who told me about what to file with VA and what offsets. I was able to find out my lawyer was screwing me over and instead went with my local VSO. I was already at 100% T&P but I filed some SMC and physical things with C&P. Today awoke to find another 2k in my bank. So I'm on phone now with VA and on hold to find out exactly what it is but I believe it to be backpay for those conditions and SMC for others. Man I'm sitting pretty now and get paid again in a week LOL

Thanks again veteran community

Hoo-ahhhhhhhhh!!!

Found out it was in fact SMC that will pay more $$$ a month going forward on top of my 100% T&P!

Time to pay off the car, fix up this house a little for resale and bump on down to TX!!!

I encourage any other veterans who read this do not rely on lawyers who will sit on your case for years and then want 30% of your backpay. Go with your local VSO. Some things to help

1) make sure everything you file for is on your health care Problems List at the VA clinic. Make sure your doctor is treating you for conditions you file a claim for

2) Take all pertaining records to your C&P exam. If it isn't on paper it doesn't exist

3) If you get 1 condition at 60% or 2 conditions at 70% or greater file for TDIU this will pay you at 100% rate

4) if you have one condition at 100% and another or your other conditions equal 60% file for stat housebound this will give you SMC payments in addition to your 100%

Forum List

Back