Thank you Donald Trump ... U.S. Manufacturing Gauge Contracts for First Time in Three Years

Don't care about 50%-they don't care about our future and bend over for whatever China wants to do-this is our last chance to stop them.
Yes China stop sending us your resources for really cheap. Oh and we want some of your pollution over here!
We are getting the pollution-and the cheap resources cost us more than we know. I'm buying American
You think we have pollution? Go visit China. Can’t breath there.
So your hatred for Trump is worth more than the environment? You want U.S. dollars supporting one of the biggest polluters in the world? Thanks for proving you really don't care about the environment and you are a tool. Because you only spew the latest talking point of the day.

I’m really very disappointed with Trump supporters like you that keep blabbering without understanding Trump garbage policy.
1. China is spending hundreds of $ billions trying to clean up their air by eliminating their coal industry. Trump policy went the other way promotes coal industry polluting the atmosphere just to get vote.

2. Trump is currently very busy dismantling Obama’s EPA legacy. Trump wants to pollute just for the heck of dismantling Obama’s legacy. Trump doesn’t believe smog is a bad for you.

In short Trump doesn’t give a rats ass about smog and environment. That’s a fact. Ask me ..... why do you think I hate Trump?
China has 15 coal power plants in operation. With 6 more under construction. So you lie as a usual liberal does.

I am flat out amazed that Trumpettes have not figured out that China is not going to give an inch, as long as Trump is president.

The less they give, the better it is for America if there is no deal.

China is giving Trumps great ammo heading into 2020. All Trump has to do is NOT sign a bad deal. If he sticks to his guns, he wins votes. If he gets a great deal, he wins votes. The only way he loses is by capitulating.

There is a reason Trumps approval rating within his party are through the roof. You can bet, they are expanding with Independents and those #walkingaway It's about policies and positions, his detractors want to avoid America First. They'd prefer to try and win with sub-par policies they have to know aren't helping capitalism or liberty. Trump will win by capitalism and liberty.

Check out the rest of the world. Canada lost something like 61,000 private sector jobs last month, 31,000 in Ontario alone. All replaced by part-time, government, temp. The bankruptcy rate here is soaring, housing and rental affordability as well.

Just crush China and prosper. Guaranteed. If the Fed is doing their job a nice half point cut might be coming soon.

Where do you get your ridiculous numbers from? I'd like to see a link from you for your wild claims about Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-jobs-july-1.5241385

Your agenda against me will fail, time and again. Why? I don't lie. I might be wrong about something, be misguided or misspeak, but I never intentionally lie.

Though, all I've faceed is lying by the covert police apparatus. Been this way for many decades, the #1 reason Canada is not trusted, respected, and, why companies aren't coming here.

Liberty and capitalism go hand in hand. Canadas kakistocracy have neither:

Canada loses 24,200 jobs in July, pushing unemployment rate higher

A closer look at July’s jobs numbers shows the economy lost 69,300 private-sector employee positions last month, while the public sector gained 17,500 jobs.

You are lying. The Financial Post article you linked to quotes the same numbers my CBC article I linked to. 24,200 jobs lost. You have yet to post a single link that backs up ANYTHING you post.

Check out the rest of the world. Canada lost something like 61,000 private sector jobs last month, 31,000 in Ontario alone. All replaced by part-time, government, temp. The bankruptcy rate here is soaring, housing and rental affordability as well.

Just crush China and prosper. Guaranteed. If the Fed is doing their job a nice half point cut might be coming soon.

Where do you get your ridiculous numbers from? I'd like to see a link from you for your wild claims about Canada.

Your agenda against me will fail, time and again. Why? I don't lie. I might be wrong about something, be misguided or misspeak, but I never intentionally lie.

Though, all I've faceed is lying by the covert police apparatus. Been this way for many decades, the #1 reason Canada is not trusted, respected, and, why companies aren't coming here.

A closer look at July’s jobs numbers shows the economy lost 69,300 private-sector employee positions last month, while the public sector gained 17,500 jobs.

You are lying. The Financial Post article you linked to quotes the same numbers my CBC article I linked to. 24,200 jobs lost. You have yet to post a single link that backs up ANYTHING you post.

It's been repeated on multiple sites. I've also seen it posted by commenters on different sites. We are losing private sector jobs at record levels, to such a degree the Bank of Canada is very worried.

Your hatred for me, much like so many who follow your philosophy, is not only unfounded and wrong headed, the people it serves are the very people destroying our economy and reputation. The "us vs them" mentality of the security apparatus has cost us a great deal. I've been sure to reach out to both sides of the aisle in the U.S. All reasonable, liberty loving Americans are my friend.

Last edited:

It's been repeated on multiple sites. I've also seen it posted by commenters on different sites. We are losing private sector jobs at record levels, to such a degree the Bank of Canada is very worried.

Your hatred for me, much like so many who follow your philosophy, is not only unfounded and wrong headed, the people it serves are the very people destroying our economy and reputation. The "us vs them" mentality of the security apparatus has cost us a great deal. I've been sure to reach out to both sides of the aisle. All reasonable, liberty loving Americans are my friend.

Read the link you posted. Despite the loss of 24,000 jobs last month, the economy has added 343,000 jobs in the past year.

Furthermore, our export surplus of hard goods to the USA has nearly doubled under Donald Trump. You keep posting all this gloom and doom about Canada and it's all bullshit. You haven't posted any links to support your assertions, you just keep blathering lies.

This is utter bullshit and YOU haven't posted a single link to confirm this bullshit. There is no "us versus them" of the security apparatus. You need to take your meds.

Your hatred for me, much like so many who follow your philosophy, is not only unfounded and wrong headed, the people it serves are the very people destroying our economy and reputation. The "us vs them" mentality of the security apparatus has cost us a great deal. I've been sure to reach out to both sides of the aisle. All reasonable, liberty loving Americans are my friend.

Read the link you posted. Despite the loss of 24,000 jobs last month, the economy has added 343,000 jobs in the past year.

Furthermore, our export surplus of hard goods to the USA has nearly doubled under Donald Trump. You keep posting all this gloom and doom about Canada and it's all bullshit. You haven't posted any links to support your assertions, you just keep blathering lies.

This is utter bullshit and YOU haven't posted a single link to confirm this bullshit. There is no "us versus them" of the security apparatus. You need to take your meds.

Show me the stats on full-time, private sector job expansion vs part-time, temp/contract, government job expansion.

Canadas economy is getting crushed. Housing is unaffordable to such a degree in many cities it is deemed unattainable for new graduates (the foolish ones who stay in Canada). Young families are getting crushed the most, while bankruptcy levels are as high as in 2008 crash, and 15% of post-tax income is used to pay off non-mortgage debt. Of course, govt. employees are fine.

Yes. Canada is in deep, deep trouble. We have been rewarding low performers and ensuring the covert kakistocracy, their friends, families and "partners" do well, as the ship slowly sinks.

Do you even realize how little interest foreign companies have in expansion into Canada?

Show me the stats on full-time, private sector job expansion vs part-time, temp/contract, government job expansion.

Canadas economy is getting crushed. Housing is unaffordable to such a degree in many cities it is deemed unaffordable for new graduates (the foolish ones who stay in Canada). Young families are getting crushed the most, while bankruptcy levels are as high as in 2008 crash, and 15% of post-tax income is used to pay off non-mortgage debt.

Yes. Canada is in deep, deep trouble. We have been rewarding low performers and ensuring the covert kakistocracy, their friends, families and "partners" do well, as the ship slowly sinks.

Do you even realize how little interest foreign companies have in expansion into Canada?

I've posted links - you haven't. YOU prove what you're saying. I'm not the one making lying outrageous claims.

Again, you're pulling shit out of your ass and claiming facts. Prove it.

Canadas economy is getting crushed. Housing is unaffordable to such a degree in many cities it is deemed unaffordable for new graduates (the foolish ones who stay in Canada). Young families are getting crushed the most, while bankruptcy levels are as high as in 2008 crash, and 15% of post-tax income is used to pay off non-mortgage debt.

I've posted links - you haven't. YOU prove what you're saying. I'm not the one making lying outrageous claims.

Again, you're pulling shit out of your ass and claiming facts. Prove it.

You clearly haven't been reading my posts with any objectivity. You're a dishonest member of the kakistocracy.

Millennial housing crisis? Turns out, it's real and worse than you thought

Millennial housing crisis? Turns out, it’s real and worse than you thought

Canadian households now using 14.9% of income for debt payments

Canadian households now using 14.9% of income for debt payments

Statistics Canada says household debt grew faster than income in fourth-quarter
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/household-debt-income-1.5056159

Donald Trump has screwed up the nicely rising economy Obama left him.

Donald Trump is losing the trade war with manufacturing and agriculture down.

The ISM manufacturing index is falling sharply. Export orders are falling sharply as Trump tramples brand America.

"A measure of export orders, a proxy of overseas demand, sank to 43.3, the lowest reading since April 2009 during the depths of the last recession."

US exports also declined by 2+% year on year and are probably heading lower as Donald Trump has disrupted the whole international trade system with tariffs on friends and enemies alike.

U.S. Manufacturing Gauge Contracts for First Time in Three Years

d8e9e20c2fb838ecbfb9f992f8c15969

3178b9cba0eb79529e9977666a81fbba

(Bloomberg) -- Terms of Trade is a daily newsletter that untangles a world embroiled in trade wars. Sign up here.

A key U.S. factory gauge unexpectedly contracted for the first time since 2016, sending stocks and bond yields lower and boosting expectations for interest-rate cuts as global manufacturing woes deepen.

The Institute for Supply Management’s purchasing managers index fell to 49.1 in August, weaker than all forecasts in a Bloomberg survey of economists, data released Tuesday showed. Figures below 50 indicate the manufacturing economy is generally shrinking. The group’s gauge of new orders dropped to a more than seven-year low, while the production index hit the lowest since late 2015.

The data add to concern a broader U.S. recession is coming and may complicate the re-election chances of President Donald Trump, whose pledges to revive manufacturing have been a signature issue. At the same time, Trump’s escalating tariffs on imports from China have been a major reason behind factory weakness that threatens to spread to consumer spending, which accounts for about two-thirds of the world’s largest economy.

In the U.S. stock market, the ISM numbers torpedoed a morning rebound and left the S&P 500 poised for its worst loss in seven sessions, down as much as 1.2% to erase almost half of last week’s rally. The 10-year Treasury yield and the dollar fell.

Traders of fed funds futures boosted the amount of easing they expect from the U.S. central bank this year, following a July 31 quarter-point cut that was the first since 2008. For the next Fed decision on Sept. 18, investors increased bets on a half-point reduction but continued to lean toward a quarter-point cut.

“This piece of data is part of the puzzle that helps to push us into recession,” said Quincy Krosby, chief market strategist at Prudential Financial Inc. “The ramifications of the trade war show up in the euro zone, in Asia and now in the U.S. If the deterioration in the U.S. continues, it’s going to feed into the overall labor market.”

What Bloomberg’s Economists Say

“To be sure, economic anxiety related to tariffs and increasing trade tensions is extracting a significant toll on business confidence. However, there was limited direct evidence of tariffs creating upward price pressures or materials shortages in the details of the report. As such, the second-order impacts from the tariffs (i.e. confidence effects and currency appreciation) appear to be having the more substantial impact.”-- Carl Riccadonna, chief U.S. economist

Although manufacturing only makes up about 11% of the U.S. economy, there are concerns that entrenched weakness -- and any layoffs that may result -- could filter through to the rest of the economy and endanger the record-long expansion.

Transportation equipment was one of seven industries in the ISM report to report shrinking business activity last month. Automakers, which report their August sales on Wednesday, account for some of the slowdown. General Motors Co. has ceased production this year at a car plant in Ohio and transmission factory in Michigan, two of the four U.S. sites that it has said aren’t being allocated future product. Other automakers are reducing production shifts, including Nissan Motor Co., Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV and Honda Motor Co.

Weakness in the automotive and electronics markets is also impacting 3M Co.’s bottom line. Sales and profit at the diversified manufacturer fell in the second quarter even as earnings topped expectations. At Caterpillar Inc., a slowdown in crude extraction from the Permian Basin, the largest U.S. oil patch, is reducing demand for machinery. What’s more, the equipment maker’s worldwide machine sales in June and July were up 4%, the slowest in two years.

Manufacturing is technically already in a recession in the U.S. with a Fed measure of output declining in two consecutive quarters. The malaise is consistent with developments in the sector around the world. By one measure, global factory activity has contracted for four straight months.

The ISM’s measure of new orders, which are tracked by some as a leading indicator of a downturn, declined to 47.2. It was the first time since December 2015 that the gauge fell below 50. ISM’s production gauge also sank below that mark, to 49.5 in August from 50.8.
Can’t reverse 30 years of bad trade deals without a little blip here and there. Gotta break some eggs if you want to make an omelet.

The ISM manufacturing index is falling sharply. Export orders are falling sharply as Trump tramples brand America.

"A measure of export orders, a proxy of overseas demand, sank to 43.3, the lowest reading since April 2009 during the depths of the last recession."

US exports also declined by 2+% year on year and are probably heading lower as Donald Trump has disrupted the whole international trade system with tariffs on friends and enemies alike.

(Bloomberg) -- Terms of Trade is a daily newsletter that untangles a world embroiled in trade wars. Sign up here.

A key U.S. factory gauge unexpectedly contracted for the first time since 2016, sending stocks and bond yields lower and boosting expectations for interest-rate cuts as global manufacturing woes deepen.

The Institute for Supply Management’s purchasing managers index fell to 49.1 in August, weaker than all forecasts in a Bloomberg survey of economists, data released Tuesday showed. Figures below 50 indicate the manufacturing economy is generally shrinking. The group’s gauge of new orders dropped to a more than seven-year low, while the production index hit the lowest since late 2015.

The data add to concern a broader U.S. recession is coming and may complicate the re-election chances of President Donald Trump, whose pledges to revive manufacturing have been a signature issue. At the same time, Trump’s escalating tariffs on imports from China have been a major reason behind factory weakness that threatens to spread to consumer spending, which accounts for about two-thirds of the world’s largest economy.

In the U.S. stock market, the ISM numbers torpedoed a morning rebound and left the S&P 500 poised for its worst loss in seven sessions, down as much as 1.2% to erase almost half of last week’s rally. The 10-year Treasury yield and the dollar fell.

Traders of fed funds futures boosted the amount of easing they expect from the U.S. central bank this year, following a July 31 quarter-point cut that was the first since 2008. For the next Fed decision on Sept. 18, investors increased bets on a half-point reduction but continued to lean toward a quarter-point cut.

“This piece of data is part of the puzzle that helps to push us into recession,” said Quincy Krosby, chief market strategist at Prudential Financial Inc. “The ramifications of the trade war show up in the euro zone, in Asia and now in the U.S. If the deterioration in the U.S. continues, it’s going to feed into the overall labor market.”

“To be sure, economic anxiety related to tariffs and increasing trade tensions is extracting a significant toll on business confidence. However, there was limited direct evidence of tariffs creating upward price pressures or materials shortages in the details of the report. As such, the second-order impacts from the tariffs (i.e. confidence effects and currency appreciation) appear to be having the more substantial impact.”-- Carl Riccadonna, chief U.S. economist

Although manufacturing only makes up about 11% of the U.S. economy, there are concerns that entrenched weakness -- and any layoffs that may result -- could filter through to the rest of the economy and endanger the record-long expansion.

Transportation equipment was one of seven industries in the ISM report to report shrinking business activity last month. Automakers, which report their August sales on Wednesday, account for some of the slowdown. General Motors Co. has ceased production this year at a car plant in Ohio and transmission factory in Michigan, two of the four U.S. sites that it has said aren’t being allocated future product. Other automakers are reducing production shifts, including Nissan Motor Co., Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV and Honda Motor Co.

Weakness in the automotive and electronics markets is also impacting 3M Co.’s bottom line. Sales and profit at the diversified manufacturer fell in the second quarter even as earnings topped expectations. At Caterpillar Inc., a slowdown in crude extraction from the Permian Basin, the largest U.S. oil patch, is reducing demand for machinery. What’s more, the equipment maker’s worldwide machine sales in June and July were up 4%, the slowest in two years.

Manufacturing is technically already in a recession in the U.S. with a Fed measure of output declining in two consecutive quarters. The malaise is consistent with developments in the sector around the world. By one measure, global factory activity has contracted for four straight months.

The ISM’s measure of new orders, which are tracked by some as a leading indicator of a downturn, declined to 47.2. It was the first time since December 2015 that the gauge fell below 50. ISM’s production gauge also sank below that mark, to 49.5 in August from 50.8.

Teetering.

And nobody gives two fucks...”Americans First”, “Fuck Wetbacks” and “Squash the Left”....is all that matters to legitimate, real, good Americans. Fucking bizarre isn’t it...when is the last time a president held office where the yield from his economic policies didn’t even fucking matter?
That’s what the disgusting Left has perpetuated....Thanks Lefties.
So now it's no longer Trump's "booming economy".

Now it's "nobody gives two fucks about the economy".

You're been conned, and I think you know it.

Teetering.

And nobody gives two fucks...”Americans First”, “Fuck Wetbacks” and “Squash the Left”....is all that matters to legitimate, real, good Americans. Fucking bizarre isn’t it...when is the last time a president held office where the yield from his economic policies didn’t even fucking matter?
That’s what the disgusting Left has perpetuated....Thanks Lefties.

By the time Trump is finished Americans will be unable to afford two fucks.
We're not supposed to care about the economy now.

:rolleyes:

No one is saying that, snowflake.

For 3 years Democrats have been engaged in a failed coup attempt & have done everything they could to undermine the President and get him and this country to fail for their benefit.

Their 'traitor' shit is way past 'old'.

For 3 years Democrats have been engaged in a failed coup attempt & have done everything they could to undermine the President and get him and this country to fail for their benefit.

Yes, snowflake, someone IS saying that. Please see post 38.

Take it up with him. Go ahead.

And while you're at it, quit making excuses. It's embarrassing.

1 person does not make an entire party or all conservaties, moron...and I am pointing out fact, not excuses. If you can't handle reality, climb back into your safe space.

1 person does not make an entire party or all conservaties, moron...and I am pointing out fact, not excuses. If you can't handle reality, climb back into your safe space.
Yeah, I didn't think so.

Machine tool sales are down.

Manufacturing is our most important industry. This reminds me of bush. Republicans swore the economy was good but manufacturing was clearly not doing good.

Bush and trump rely on military but remember those jobs are tax payer funded. It’s us buying all those bombs not consumers.

/——-/ “I want to be clear, I’m not going nuts.” - Denizen or maybe Joe Biden. One of the two.

Forum List

Back