Thank You Democrats

I wonder how Sealyboby sees folks he disagrees with. He seems to have the impression we are red clawed long toothed monsters looking only to destroy people, nature.... civilization in general. Not for any good end for ourselves, but just for personal amusement.

The decision to hire an employee or not depends on the marginal value the employee brings to the enterprise. A targeted tax break like the one he lauds here is not any better than a general tax break to the employer. The employer looks at how much comes in, vs how much goes out. 5000 to hire an employee might be a cool thing, but changing the tax code so that you can get a better break on equipment that might make the hiring of 5 employees worthwhile has to be passed on, as taxes have to be raised to pay for the targeted break. At best, it is a wash, but in likelyhood it is a huge net loss to other factors that might be more useful for employment in the longer run.
Serving fast food all day broke him, as it did so many others.

There aren't any Un-Employed Conservatives?

Hell.. then one of my best buddies is the first one.

Crazy...

Right, so the Dems really care about the people eh? What about all that Stimulus $ that went to Bonuses? I don't hear you talking about that..

For one, I'm in favor of Failing those Big Companies.. For one, It's Called Capitalism.. Laissez-faire to be Exact.. Sure, you give them all the money they lost, and what do they learn? "Don't worry guys, if we Fail again, we have the Gov to bail us out."

They don't learn shit, Instead you let them fail, they'll get rid of what's wrong, replace it with a new a System that willl work.. And I can bet you that Company will grow..

The only thing that the Bailout and Stimulus did was Delay the Recession..

--

Hell, why didn't we give the money to the Small businesses? Aren't they the ones who really do need the money? Aren't they the ones hiring most Americans? Aren't they the backbone to the American Economy?

Using the whole Too Big To Fail Fallacy is nonsense..

There's a major problem with "Too big to fail" taken to its logical ends, it is guaranteed financial suicide. Why? "Too big to fail" implies a totalitarian pursuit of 'failure insurance' for the institution under consideration that potentially puts the entire economy at risk.

And yes, I was against the Bailout, and the Stimulus Package.. Couldn't you already tell?

You work for a company that spends 30-40K for a 3K tax break?

I hope you enjoy your job while it lasts.

That company will get $400k or more from me in a year pussy. You may be an expense to your company, but I'm an asset.

If you could make that much money for them, you wouldnt be. youd be working for yourself and pocketing the money.

That company will get $400k or more from me in a year pussy. You may be an expense to your company, but I'm an asset.

If you could make that much money for them, you wouldnt be. youd be working for yourself and pocketing the money.
Have you forgotten bobo was off line for months when his mickey dees manager caught him using the store pc to post here? :lol:

I wonder how Sealyboby sees folks he disagrees with. He seems to have the impression we are red clawed long toothed monsters looking only to destroy people, nature.... civilization in general. Not for any good end for ourselves, but just for personal amusement.

The decision to hire an employee or not depends on the marginal value the employee brings to the enterprise. A targeted tax break like the one he lauds here is not any better than a general tax break to the employer. The employer looks at how much comes in, vs how much goes out. 5000 to hire an employee might be a cool thing, but changing the tax code so that you can get a better break on equipment that might make the hiring of 5 employees worthwhile has to be passed on, as taxes have to be raised to pay for the targeted break. At best, it is a wash, but in likelyhood it is a huge net loss to other factors that might be more useful for employment in the longer run.

Well sure your side has to have a semi logical explanation for why you have the position that you do. Just like you have a come back for global warming, a good reason why we should drill baby drill, why we should not let gays marry, etc.

And some of what you say is actually true, but that doesn't make it reality. I'm not buying what you are selling. I've been listening to right wing logic for way too long and you giuys are just wrong.

And you aren't in power, and all of the sudden things are getting better. Let me guess, you will now tell me it was because of things Bush did. :cuckoo:

Have you forgotten bobo was off line for months when his mickey dees manager caught him using the store pc to post here? :lol:

I haven't forgotten at all.

I just think its funny. He think thats spending tens of thousands of dollars to get a 3K tax break is sound financial practices.

One problem with that idiot. I don't have a product/service to sell. They do.

And yes I will sell $40k a month on average. Sometimes more, rarely less. What is that times twelve?

Thanks for proving you are a broke ass. I've been turned down for jobs because I didn't sell a $1 million or more in a year. What a loser you must be.

And yes, I had 8 months off. It was heaven. I didn't even look for 6 months because I knew I could get this job back. So I did nothing but play poker for 8 months.

I just think its funny. He think thats spending tens of thousands of dollars to get a 3K tax break is sound financial practices.

It encouraged my new company to hire 15 new people. Obama's plan is working!!!:clap2:

I didn't dare come on here and announce I lost my job though. But now that I'm back to work, fuck it. And my bills are only $1200 a month.

Unemployment was $1500 a month.

And if you find it hard to believe that I got that much a month, its because you don't know what the unemployment max is. And that would mean either you've never been unemployed, or you got unemployment but didn't make enough to max.

Most Republicans have never been unemployed, which is why they are so ignorantly arrogant.

I work for a company that is benefitting from Democratic leadership in two major ways. First, they are getting tax breaks for hiring people who are unemployed.

Republicans don't hire people who are unemployed. They generally stay away from people who are unemployed. The idea is that they must not be good if they are out of work. What an ignorant practice. How do you reduce unemployment when you won't hire the unemployed?

Anyways, my new employer is getting tax breaks for hiring people who are out of work.

They are also benefitting from the economic stimulus. We are a certified training organization, so we get money for no worker left behind.

Republicans would do nothing. They would just have us all fail so wages and prices would go down. Then they'd give themselves tax breaks and watch corporate profits go thru the roof and on to china, or the caymen islands. LOL. :lol:

I've never collected unemployment in my life because there is always work for people who desire to work. When we stop paying people to not work, the unemployment problem will take care of itself. The fact that government uses unemployment insurance to pay-off the people they screw out of jobs just means they escape the consequences of screwing people out of jobs. I personally would have liked to see Clinton impeached and perhaps imprisoned for signing NAFTA. A couple decades later, after all the presses, lathes and injection mold machines have found new homes in Mexico, Americans who once manned those machines are placated with money stolen from our children. Better we feel the full pain of our betrayal and hold those responsible accountable for their actions. Call it tough love.:drillsergeant:

And notice you never hear from any of the unemployed Republicans? I knew a Republican who had to completely change his tune when he found himself in the unemployment line.

The reason you don't hear from unemployed Republicans is because they are busy starting businesses rather than sucking government's teat. Here in SE Michigan lots of people are collecting that new and improved super-charged unemployment insurance that keeps getting extended just before it runs out. Good thing we have a future generation we can steal from hugh?

So, Republicans only hire people who are already working? So that means Republicans only play musical chairs with jobs? Do you proofread your posts at all?

Lets examine the tax break. It is 5,000 to hire someone. Lets assume with benefits. Your company would incur a cost of say 35,000 to get 5000? Is that rational? What is more like is the company would have hired them anyway if wages were a little cheaper, or the margin were a little higher. The value of the subsidy is only on marginal employees only.

As for me, my tune has not changed since I got canned last May. I just moved on to going to school. I am responsible for my fate, not 0bama. It is what I do that counts.

Or for that matter, since I am such a horrible procrastinator, fail to do.

You don't understand. Companies weren't doing what America needed them to do. They weren't hiring. They weren't spending. Giving them tax breaks only went to the CEO when Bush just handed them the tax breaks IN HOPES they would do the right thing with the money.

Democrats are giving companies tax breaks for good behavior. That sparks the economy.

And the economy isn't pissing away $30K on these people. They will put them to work and get good use out of them. Some will fail, some won't.

Fact is, Obama and the Dems need to spark hiring and fix unemployment.

But let me guess, you want them to fail.

Kennedy and Reagan created jobs in the private sector by reducing taxes across the board. FDR created a few subsidized jobs at great cost to the overall economy. Unemployment throughout the Great Depression remained in the double digits until 1940 when the military daft was reinstated in September. Only by pulling young men out of the work force did unemployment under the New Deal policies decline. The economic impact of the New Deal was complete failure. It didn't work then and it won't work now.

Last I heard the "jobs" created by BO cost us more than $100K each and were largely temporary government jobs. Be sure to let me know when we see that low side of 8% we spent a trillion borrowed dollars to get.

I work for a company that is benefitting from Democratic leadership in two major ways. First, they are getting tax breaks for hiring people who are unemployed.

Republicans don't hire people who are unemployed. They generally stay away from people who are unemployed. The idea is that they must not be good if they are out of work. What an ignorant practice. How do you reduce unemployment when you won't hire the unemployed?

Anyways, my new employer is getting tax breaks for hiring people who are out of work.

They are also benefitting from the economic stimulus. We are a certified training organization, so we get money for no worker left behind.

Republicans would do nothing. They would just have us all fail so wages and prices would go down. Then they'd give themselves tax breaks and watch corporate profits go thru the roof and on to china, or the caymen islands. LOL. :lol:

I've never collected unemployment in my life because there is always work for people who desire to work. When we stop paying people to not work, the unemployment problem will take care of itself. The fact that government uses unemployment insurance to pay-off the people they screw out of jobs just means they escape the consequences of screwing people out of jobs. I personally would have liked to see Clinton impeached and perhaps imprisoned for signing NAFTA. A couple decades later, after all the presses, lathes and injection mold machines have found new homes in Mexico, Americans who once manned those machines are placated with money stolen from our children. Better we feel the full pain of our betrayal and hold those responsible accountable for their actions. Call it tough love.:drillsergeant:

No, you are just fortunate to have never been unemployed. Trust me, I've known dozens of righties just like you and like them, you too would be the first to apply for unemployment if you ever found yourself out of work.

It's easy to say you wouldn't take it, but we all know you would. Even the righties on USMB know you are a liar and a hypocrite.

So, Republicans only hire people who are already working? So that means Republicans only play musical chairs with jobs? Do you proofread your posts at all?

Lets examine the tax break. It is 5,000 to hire someone. Lets assume with benefits. Your company would incur a cost of say 35,000 to get 5000? Is that rational? What is more like is the company would have hired them anyway if wages were a little cheaper, or the margin were a little higher. The value of the subsidy is only on marginal employees only.

As for me, my tune has not changed since I got canned last May. I just moved on to going to school. I am responsible for my fate, not 0bama. It is what I do that counts.

Or for that matter, since I am such a horrible procrastinator, fail to do.

You don't understand. Companies weren't doing what America needed them to do. They weren't hiring. They weren't spending. Giving them tax breaks only went to the CEO when Bush just handed them the tax breaks IN HOPES they would do the right thing with the money.

Democrats are giving companies tax breaks for good behavior. That sparks the economy.

And the economy isn't pissing away $30K on these people. They will put them to work and get good use out of them. Some will fail, some won't.

Fact is, Obama and the Dems need to spark hiring and fix unemployment.

But let me guess, you want them to fail.

Kennedy and Reagan created jobs in the private sector by reducing taxes across the board. FDR created a few subsidized jobs at great cost to the overall economy. Unemployment throughout the Great Depression remained in the double digits until 1940 when the military daft was reinstated in September. Only by pulling young men out of the work force did unemployment under the New Deal policies decline. The economic impact of the New Deal was complete failure. It didn't work then and it won't work now.

Last I heard the "jobs" created by BO cost us more than $100K each and were largely temporary government jobs. Be sure to let me know when we see that low side of 8% we spent a trillion borrowed dollars to get.

When someone is as wrong as you are on every issue, i don't even bother rebutting.

Most Republicans have never been unemployed, which is why they are so ignorantly arrogant.

Yeah and this makes you look like a Hack.. oh! and Ignorant. :)

Really? Read Momonkey's post and tell me I'm wrong. Checkmate stupid bitch.

ohh we got a tough guy. Leave your silly 8th grade remarks at the door.

--

Well let's see, first, from personal experience.. I've been un-employed for about 2 years until a couple weeks ago..

The Reason I call you ignorant is because you keep saying Righties never experience unemployment.. That right there, labels you a hack.

Good day.

When someone is as wrong as you are on every issue, i don't even bother rebutting.

Because you can't.

Well delivering newspapers is a job at least...congratulations for coming out of mommy's basement and contributing to society. Happy 12th birthday...or are you a high school drop out? Your sentence structure resembles that of a 7th grader.

Well delivering newspapers is a job at least...congratulations for coming out of mommy's basement and contributing to society. Happy 12th birthday...or are you a high school drop out? Your sentence structure resembles that of a 7th grader.

Yes, you Republicans love jobs like delivering newspapers and working at walmart. Low paying jobs.

And notice how you guys belittle labor regardless of what we do. WE do the work, so WE deserve fair pay. Your idea of fair and us Liberal FDR New Deal Union Pro Labor Progressive Democrats understand that America isn't any better than any other country if we don't have a big huge strong middle class.

You Republicans are the ones fucking with a good thing. Love it or leave it? Why don't you leave it and I'll love it even more! I just don't like America when Republicans lead. I'm not rich enough, and neither are you.

Anyways, dumb ass. We were arguing about a great idea the Dems came up with. A tax break WHEN companies do something good, like hire someone who is unemployed. Until now, companies were practicing NOT HIRING people who are unemployed because they think they are bad workers. So how can we fix the economy if companies are doing that? You don't know its going on? I do.

So the Dems came up with this.

The Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) Act offers employers tax incentives for hiring unemployed workers. Under this act, employers who hire a worker who has not been employed full-time for at least 60 days are exempt from paying 2010 Social Security taxes for that employee.

Attached is the HIRE Act Employee Affidavit Form. I am sending this to all recent new hires. If you qualify (based on the criteria above), please fill out the form and return to me ASAP.

Leave it to Republicans to criticize A TAX BREAK just because it makes sense.

Bush gave tax breaks FOR NOTHING, and companies gave it to the CEO's. And they took the money oversesas. And they bankrupted their companies, started over debt free, renigged on pensions, etc. i could go on and on.

But you are worrying about my sentence structure?

PS. I was the first guy I knew that purchashed a home 6 months out of college. And I've never asked my parents for a thing. My bills are low because I bought in the mid 90's, not like you who paid $200k for a $40k home. Sucker. I enjoyed 8 months off on Uncle Sam. Remember Jim Bunning held up the extentions? That affected me, but then we pressured him and I contined to get $1500 a month. THat's the max. No matter how much you make, no one gets more than that. And my bills are $1100 a month. So I enjoyed the time off. And my bank account is still fat because I'm a good poker player, so I never had to dip in. So I actually made money sitting at home for 8 months, going to Lifetime Fitness every day for 2 hours for $60 a month, going on trips, . I didn't even start looking seriously until November. I was laid off August 1. LOL. Who's the sucker now?

And some unemployed people need the extentions. And for many people, $1500 a month isn't enough. But I'm single and smart and I'm not in big debt, which you probably are.

This is what I wanted to thank the Dems for:

2010 HIRE Act: Tax Breaks for Small Business

I got this from my HR Department at work:

The Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) Act offers employers tax incentives for hiring unemployed workers. Under this act, employers who hire a worker who has not been employed full-time for at least 60 days are exempt from paying 2010 Social Security taxes for that employee.

Attached is the HIRE Act Employee Affidavit Form. I am sending this to all recent new hires. If you qualify (based on the criteria above), please fill out the form and return to me ASAP.

Forum List

Back