Thank God I'm Alright I Nearly Had to Call 911

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
What the title suggests as I was eating just a little bit ago and I don't know what happened if I ate too fast or something, but all of a sudden I got something stuck in my throat and it was getting really hard for me to cough and I kept gasping for breath. Thankfully I knew that as long as I was coughing even though it was extremely difficult to do so and breathing that I would be okay, but it was still scary for me as I was the only one awake in the house at the time.

If I stopped breathing or coughing then I knew I would have to either wake somebody up or call 911 but the only problem was I didn't know what would be faster, and how can you tell the dispatcher your address if you can barely breathe let alone speak?

Anyways, like I said before thankfully I'm okay now even though my throat hurt like hell afterwards. It's just strange that being a woman of faith as I am that my first thought wasn't "help me Lord" it was "oh no I'm going to start choking!" I'm not sure why, but praise the Lord I finally coughed up the bit of food (bread) and that didn't happen.

What the title suggests as I was eating just a little bit ago and I don't know what happened if I ate too fast or something, but all of a sudden I got something stuck in my throat and it was getting really hard for me to cough and I kept gasping for breath. Thankfully I knew that as long as I was coughing even though it was extremely difficult to do so and breathing that I would be okay, but it was still scary for me as I was the only one awake in the house at the time.

If I stopped breathing or coughing then I knew I would have to either wake somebody up or call 911 but the only problem was I didn't know what would be faster, and how can you tell the dispatcher your address if you can barely breathe let alone speak?

Anyways, like I said before thankfully I'm okay now even though my throat hurt like hell afterwards. It's just strange that being a woman of faith as I am that my first thought wasn't "help me Lord" it was "oh no I'm going to start choking!" I'm not sure why, but praise the Lord I finally coughed up the bit of food (bread) and that didn't happen.

If you dial 911 and say nothing, they'll do a trace on the call and get the address that way...

Never dial 911 or the tyrannical government will be up into your business.

If I'm ever truly in a life or death situation I would take my chances to survive. Btw, I wouldn't do that self CPR either since I don't know how to do it and it's just quicker and easier for me to either get another person to help me, or call 911.

FJB, hope you're okay now and that you stay okay. :huddle:

Glad you’re OK.

Now eat slower and chew your food thoroughly!
good advice. I once was eating something and got a bad feeling in my stomach.. like something really hard was in there, like concrete or whatever... Once I began to start chewing food better, I didn't experience the problem (I also started taking an herb.. can't recall which one)

Forum List

Back