Texas Ted Flies Back To Texas

Supposedly Ted Cruz must have seen all the flack he was getting for leaving his constituents in the cold. As soon as he got to Cancun with his family in tow, he got back on a flight back home. His staff called Houston PD to protect him upon arrival.
I wonder if Ted was ascared. I believe he has pulled a similar stunt like this before. Texas really likes this guy.

"Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is flying home amid widespread outrage over his decision to fly to Cancun while millions of his residents are freezing amid mass power outages."

"It is unclear about what assistance Cruz needs to get out of the airport, although his trip to Cancun in the midst of a statewide crisis has outraged many Texas residents who want their elected officials to be working full time to restore power and provide relief."

Ted Cruz asks Houston cops to help him get out of airport as Texans rage over Cancun trip: report - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism

What an utterly ridiculous thing for anyone to "rage" over. What do they think it's going to accomplish for him to be in Texas? I don't believe he has any magical weather-controlling powers. Seems to me it's actually helpful for people who can get the hell out to do so, rather than staying and putting more demand on the power grid, but that's just me.
You got some pretty big excuses there son, simply put he's supposed to be a leader over there so he should be there- not off in a completely different country. It's fine if he sends his family, no one cares. But Cruz has been a spineless piece of shit for a while now so I can't say I'm surprised that he'd do it, then have the audacity to try and blame his children.

He ain't been shit.

Have someone with a brain explain the difference between "excuses" and "logic".

Also, the difference between men and women, since your mommy clearly didn't explain how to tell them apart.

"He's supposed to be a leader." A leader of WHAT, precisely, in this situation? What is it that your tiny, childish mind imagines that a US Senator's job is in relation to a weather crisis in Texas? If you can explain to me precisely what duties you think he was shirking by leaving the state, then I might give you permission for your little tantrum. Otherwise, this is all just, "He's a Republican, so he's WRONG, and it's so much fun to scream in outrage!!!" and you need to piss off.
Excuses are Excuses, you;re excusing him being a sniveling little shit and running off while his supposed people froze. What has he done at all, besides fly off then fly back in disgrace? A US Senator has clout, has power, he can call people, get things moving, organize some form of help; as other people who aren't considered leaders of the state have done. Regardless of my own bias, which of course exists, he's still a piece of spineless trash for this and other things and just me not in general respecting Republican politicians doesn't change that.

Oh, WELL, since you have decreed that they're just excuses, and he was absolutely wrong and totally indefensible, I guess that just settles it, because . . . I'm sorry, why was it that your assertions are supposed to mean jack shit to me?

I am stating fact. You are asserting opinion as fact, based on your hormones. If you're planning to claim some sort of "moral outrage" with me, Sparkles, I would suggest you first take your brain out of the shrink wrap, plug it in, and try using it to do your thinking, rather than your glands.

"He ran off while people froze!!!" And how would him staying have changed whether or not they froze?

"What has he done at all?" As a Senator, he did the only thing a Senator can do: petitioned the White House to declare an emergency, which they did. What else was he supposed to do?

"A Senator has clout, has power, can call people, get things moving, organize some form of help." Gee, can you vague that up for me, fucktard? You're clearly one of the mouthbreathers plaguing this country who think the government is some sort of Council of Gods on Olympus, who can micromanage the entire universe to take care of you. I just told you what a Senator can do. If you've got anything more specific, feel free to share.

"Regardless of my own bias . . ." To the contrary, Jethro. This is nothing BUT your own bias. You have told me nothing except, "I hate Ted Cruz, so that means he was wrong!!! I don't need anything else!!!"

If you ever evolve beyond, "Aaaarrrrrgh!!!!! I'm emotional, so that should matter!!!!" enough to formulate something sensible and coherent, Gland Boy, do feel free to come back and surprise us all.

Who's business or concern is it where Cruz goes?
I agree! But I think the fuss was about the fact, that Cruz went on vacation while the rest of his state was in a deep freeze. I mentioned that, Cruz is not the Governor. He is a Senator. If he was the Governor...I am sure the Dems and MSM would be all over that story.

We know what the fuss is. The point is that it's an insane and pointless fuss. If he was the governor, the media SHOULD be all over it, because the governor's job actually has some direct impact on the problem. What the fuck use is a Senator to the problem? He already did everything he could do by petitioning the White House to declare an emergency.
Why did he fly back early--the airline confirmed he changed his flight-- if he didn't do anything wrong? Is he that much of a pussy that bad press will make him do something?

He flew back early because hormone-addled lackwits like you were throwing a hissy fit. And you can spare me that pretense of, "Oh, he's a pussy if he cares about public opinion"; we both know that you not only never denigrate Democrats for worrying about public opinion, you hold that up as some sort of badge of honor, because "elected officials are supposed to care what their constituents think."

It would save a lot of time if, every time you want to pass some sort of moral judgement on someone, you would just tell yourself, "I'm not moral, no one gives a shit what I think, whatever I say is going to automatically be wrong because I'm a dumbass". That way, I wouldn't have to keep saying it. Maybe you could write it down somewhere.

Notice how all the usual dickwicks here are obsessed over a guy simply flying south to warmer weather to escape the bad weather in Texas for a while BECAUSE HE CAN, because he can afford to, as if he has somehow betrayed the people of Texas, yet they aren't the slightest bit concerned with the likely tens of thousands murdered in New York because of the inept ministrations of Cuomo.

Oh, WELL, since you have decreed that they're just excuses, and he was absolutely wrong and totally indefensible, I guess that just settles it, because . . . I'm sorry, why was it that your assertions are supposed to mean jack shit to me?
They don't have to, honestly you don't have to engage with me at all. You're opinion doesn't mean anymore to me then mine does to you.

I am stating fact. You are asserting opinion as fact, based on your hormones. If you're planning to claim some sort of "moral outrage" with me, Sparkles, I would suggest you first take your brain out of the shrink wrap, plug it in, and try using it to do your thinking, rather than your glands.
I'm sure you feel very E-Cool with your various silly insults but regardless the "Fact is" it doesn't look good for ol spineless Cruz. Which would be the reason he promptly hopped back on a plane and found his way back to Texas and back to being spineless by blaming his daughters.

"What has he done at all?" As a Senator, he did the only thing a Senator can do: petitioned the White House to declare an emergency, which they did. What else was he supposed to do?
You have any link to information saying he did this? First I've heard of it at all, him doing anything.

You're clearly one of the mouthbreathers plaguing this country who think the government is some sort of Council of Gods on Olympus, who can micromanage the entire universe to take care of you. I just told you what a Senator can do. If you've got anything more specific, feel free to share.
AOC raised a couple of billion dollars for Texas charities helping during the crisis. Ol' Beto set up a hotline that actually helped people. If you don't plan on taking care of your people, don't get into politics, go be a mustache twisting coal Barron or something.

Though Ted is much more suited to being an Earth Worm, ol spineless punk.

If you ever evolve beyond, "Aaaarrrrrgh!!!!! I'm emotional, so that should matter!!!!" enough to formulate something sensible and coherent, Gland Boy, do feel free to come back and surprise us all.
All that really matters if enough Texan's see Ted Cruz running off while they sat and suffered as bad. I don't vote their, maybe you do. It'll sure get used plenty when it's time for elections. Beto helped your elderly while Teddy ran off with his tail between his legs AND apparently left his pet to freeze?

Such bad optics. Poor slimey fish, but I'm sure there's plenty of warmth up Trumps ass. Certainly not in the arms of his "ugly" wife.

I agree! But I think the fuss was about the fact, that Cruz went on vacation while the rest of his state was in a deep freeze. I mentioned that, Cruz is not the Governor. He is a Senator. If he was the Governor...I am sure the Dems and MSM would be all over that story.

We know what the fuss is. The point is that it's an insane and pointless fuss. If he was the governor, the media SHOULD be all over it, because the governor's job actually has some direct impact on the problem. What the fuck use is a Senator to the problem? He already did everything he could do by petitioning the White House to declare an emergency.
Why did he fly back early--the airline confirmed he changed his flight-- if he didn't do anything wrong? Is he that much of a pussy that bad press will make him do something?

He flew back early because hormone-addled lackwits like you were throwing a hissy fit. And you can spare me that pretense of, "Oh, he's a pussy if he cares about public opinion"; we both know that you not only never denigrate Democrats for worrying about public opinion, you hold that up as some sort of badge of honor, because "elected officials are supposed to care what their constituents think."

It would save a lot of time if, every time you want to pass some sort of moral judgement on someone, you would just tell yourself, "I'm not moral, no one gives a shit what I think, whatever I say is going to automatically be wrong because I'm a dumbass". That way, I wouldn't have to keep saying it. Maybe you could write it down somewhere.

Notice how all the usual dickwicks here are obsessed over a guy simply flying south to warmer weather to escape the bad weather in Texas for a while BECAUSE HE CAN, because he can afford to, as if he has somehow betrayed the people of Texas, yet they aren't the slightest bit concerned with the likely tens of thousands murdered in New York because of the inept ministrations of Cuomo.

He's escaping bad weather? He said he was just being a good dad--before he abandoned his daughters.

Which was it?

Dumbfuck, not because he can, because the people pay his salary, for among other things, to help them out during times of crisis; not to flee the crisis to go on an unscheduled vacation.

He's escaping bad weather? He said he was just being a good dad--before he abandoned his daughters.

Which was it?
They make up excuses as they go along, just as that nimrod did.

Forum List

Back