Texas Ted Flies Back To Texas

Millions of Americans out of work in the hospitality business...you don't think he should have vacationed in the US somewhere?

I agree, he should have vacationed somewhere in the US. From what I read, a text was leaked into the news cycle. I guessed, no one was suppose to even know about him going to Cancun. I don't know the whole story. From what I also read, it isn't exactly warm in Florida, or in California. Just sayin'....
Skiing in Aspen? Crested Butte? Stowe? Park City? Yellowstone?

I'm more offended by the travel outside the country and, of course, the lame assed cover story which only makes things worse.

Supposedly Ted Cruz must have seen all the flack he was getting for leaving his constituents in the cold. As soon as he got to Cancun with his family in tow, he got back on a flight back home. His staff called Houston PD to protect him upon arrival.
I wonder if Ted was ascared. I believe he has pulled a similar stunt like this before. Texas really likes this guy.

"Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is flying home amid widespread outrage over his decision to fly to Cancun while millions of his residents are freezing amid mass power outages."

"It is unclear about what assistance Cruz needs to get out of the airport, although his trip to Cancun in the midst of a statewide crisis has outraged many Texas residents who want their elected officials to be working full time to restore power and provide relief."

Ted Cruz asks Houston cops to help him get out of airport as Texans rage over Cancun trip: report - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism

So I have relatives in Houston they went without power for 2 days and have been basking in the warmth since yesterday morning. So I imagine someone told the buffoon the power was at his house..

He probably had this trip planned for awhile because congress is on recess this week but since he a rep of Tx should have sent his family and him stay there.

No he didn't.

It was a spur of the moment idea from his wife.

His excuse that it was his daughter's idea I a lie too.

"Is everyone warm? That's a must! We could all huddle in one house, [name's] had heat," the text said. "Anyone can or want to leave for the week? We may go to Cancun, there is a direct flight at 445pm and hotels with capacity. Seriously."

graphical user interface, text, application, chat or text message: An apparent Heidi Cruz text. screenshot

Supposedly Ted Cruz must have seen all the flack he was getting for leaving his constituents in the cold. As soon as he got to Cancun with his family in tow, he got back on a flight back home. His staff called Houston PD to protect him upon arrival.
I wonder if Ted was ascared. I believe he has pulled a similar stunt like this before. Texas really likes this guy.

"Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is flying home amid widespread outrage over his decision to fly to Cancun while millions of his residents are freezing amid mass power outages."

"It is unclear about what assistance Cruz needs to get out of the airport, although his trip to Cancun in the midst of a statewide crisis has outraged many Texas residents who want their elected officials to be working full time to restore power and provide relief."

Ted Cruz asks Houston cops to help him get out of airport as Texans rage over Cancun trip: report - Raw Story - Celebrating 16 Years of Independent Journalism

What an utterly ridiculous thing for anyone to "rage" over. What do they think it's going to accomplish for him to be in Texas? I don't believe he has any magical weather-controlling powers. Seems to me it's actually helpful for people who can get the hell out to do so, rather than staying and putting more demand on the power grid, but that's just me.

So I have relatives in Houston they went without power for 2 days and have been basking in the warmth since yesterday morning. So I imagine someone told the buffoon the power was at his house..

He probably had this trip planned for awhile because congress is on recess this week but since he a rep of Tx should have sent his family and him stay there.

"I imagine this happened, because it makes him sound bad, so now everyone has to treat it as though that means something!!"

Save your imaginings for people who mistakenly believe you have brains, DebbieDumbass.

What an utterly ridiculous thing for anyone to "rage" over. What do they think it's going to accomplish for him to be in Texas? I don't believe he has any magical weather-controlling powers. Seems to me it's actually helpful for people who can get the hell out to do so, rather than staying and putting more demand on the power grid, but that's just me.
You got some pretty big excuses there son, simply put he's supposed to be a leader over there so he should be there- not off in a completely different country. It's fine if he sends his family, no one cares. But Cruz has been a spineless piece of shit for a while now so I can't say I'm surprised that he'd do it, then have the audacity to try and blame his children.

He ain't been shit.

WTF does Ted have to do with the weather or the electrons flowing? If anything him coming back means less electricity available for someone else.

Exactly! I frankly think the most beneficial thing people can do is to leave if they can and reduce the demands on the power grid. If you have nothing to really contribute to fixing the problem, at least do what you can to reduce it by not being part of it.

Who's business or concern is it where Cruz goes?
I agree! But I think the fuss was about the fact, that Cruz went on vacation while the rest of his state was in a deep freeze. I mentioned that, Cruz is not the Governor. He is a Senator. If he was the Governor...I am sure the Dems and MSM would be all over that story.

We know what the fuss is. The point is that it's an insane and pointless fuss. If he was the governor, the media SHOULD be all over it, because the governor's job actually has some direct impact on the problem. What the fuck use is a Senator to the problem? He already did everything he could do by petitioning the White House to declare an emergency.

You got some pretty big excuses there son, simply put he's supposed to be a leader over there so he should be there- not off in a completely different country. It's fine if he sends his family, no one cares. But Cruz has been a spineless piece of shit for a while now so I can't say I'm surprised that he'd do it, then have the audacity to try and blame his children.

He ain't been shit.
Ted is a big GOP KOOK liar.

Is he going to fix all the broken wind turbines?

Presumably, it's going to ease the suffering of the freezing people to know he's freezing to. Personally, I don't see that making ME feel any warmer if I were in that situation, but I guess there are some people really attached to their pettiness.

Seriously? Thread #3 on this topic? Is the Publishing Department in the USMB running out of things to "print"?

Who's business or concern is it where Cruz goes? I can't think of a better place to be right now than Cancun. What's Cruz supposed to do back in Texas, reinvent the power industry? Can't he do that in Cancun?

Maybe Joe ought to fly down there and shovel some coal into some of those power plants he closed?

Millions of Americans out of work in the hospitality business...you don't think he should have vacationed in the US somewhere?

Have I already used the words "ridiculous" and "pointless"?

I agree, he should have vacationed somewhere in the US. From what I read, a text was leaked into the news cycle. I guessed, no one was suppose to even know about him going to Cancun. I don't know the whole story. From what I also read, it isn't exactly warm in Florida, or in California. Just sayin'....

"No one was supposed to know." Well, yeah, in the sense that we don't usually know where he goes on vacation, because who gives a fuck? We also don't know what brand of bathroom tissue his wife buys. So what?

He ain't been shit.
Ted is a big GOP KOOK liar.

You're a leftist. 'Nuff said.

He ain't been shit.

Have someone with a brain explain the difference between "excuses" and "logic".

Also, the difference between men and women, since your mommy clearly didn't explain how to tell them apart.

"He's supposed to be a leader." A leader of WHAT, precisely, in this situation? What is it that your tiny, childish mind imagines that a US Senator's job is in relation to a weather crisis in Texas? If you can explain to me precisely what duties you think he was shirking by leaving the state, then I might give you permission for your little tantrum. Otherwise, this is all just, "He's a Republican, so he's WRONG, and it's so much fun to scream in outrage!!!" and you need to piss off.

I agree! But I think the fuss was about the fact, that Cruz went on vacation while the rest of his state was in a deep freeze. I mentioned that, Cruz is not the Governor. He is a Senator. If he was the Governor...I am sure the Dems and MSM would be all over that story.

We know what the fuss is. The point is that it's an insane and pointless fuss. If he was the governor, the media SHOULD be all over it, because the governor's job actually has some direct impact on the problem. What the fuck use is a Senator to the problem? He already did everything he could do by petitioning the White House to declare an emergency.
Why did he fly back early--the airline confirmed he changed his flight-- if he didn't do anything wrong? Is he that much of a pussy that bad press will make him do something?

He ain't been shit.

Have someone with a brain explain the difference between "excuses" and "logic".

Also, the difference between men and women, since your mommy clearly didn't explain how to tell them apart.

"He's supposed to be a leader." A leader of WHAT, precisely, in this situation? What is it that your tiny, childish mind imagines that a US Senator's job is in relation to a weather crisis in Texas? If you can explain to me precisely what duties you think he was shirking by leaving the state, then I might give you permission for your little tantrum. Otherwise, this is all just, "He's a Republican, so he's WRONG, and it's so much fun to scream in outrage!!!" and you need to piss off.
Excuses are Excuses, you;re excusing him being a sniveling little shit and running off while his supposed people froze. What has he done at all, besides fly off then fly back in disgrace? A US Senator has clout, has power, he can call people, get things moving, organize some form of help; as other people who aren't considered leaders of the state have done. Regardless of my own bias, which of course exists, he's still a piece of spineless trash for this and other things and just me not in general respecting Republican politicians doesn't change that.

Why did he fly back early--the airline confirmed he changed his flight-- if he didn't do anything wrong? Is he that much of a pussy that bad press will make him do something?

He flew back early because hormone-addled lackwits like you were throwing a hissy fit. And you can spare me that pretense of, "Oh, he's a pussy if he cares about public opinion"; we both know that you not only never denigrate Democrats for worrying about public opinion, you hold that up as some sort of badge of honor, because "elected officials are supposed to care what their constituents think."

It would save a lot of time if, every time you want to pass some sort of moral judgement on someone, you would just tell yourself, "I'm not moral, no one gives a shit what I think, whatever I say is going to automatically be wrong because I'm a dumbass". That way, I wouldn't have to keep saying it. Maybe you could write it down somewhere.

Forum List

Back