Texas solar lead

Mean while we are taking up large areas of land fills with used wind generator blades since they can't be recycled and need to be replaced often. While we destroy parts of the environment mining lithium for battery banks. We still are using oil for plastis need to create all the other parts of wind and solar.
So basically we are destroying parts of our environment in a rush to help another part. Yeah us.

Perhaps if we just replanted all those acres of rainforest we killed off we would not be in such a rush to kill off other parts of the planet.
LOL Not only are you a fool, you are an ass that ignores the obvious. I am sure you think this is the definition of beauty.

mountaintopmining-102944383.jpg
Is that the Uranium Mine that Barack Obama gave to the Russians as part of the 20% of all of America's uranium?

Mean while we are taking up large areas of land fills with used wind generator blades since they can't be recycled and need to be replaced often. While we destroy parts of the environment mining lithium for battery banks. We still are using oil for plastis need to create all the other parts of wind and solar.
So basically we are destroying parts of our environment in a rush to help another part. Yeah us.

Perhaps if we just replanted all those acres of rainforest we killed off we would not be in such a rush to kill off other parts of the planet.
The blades are the only part of the turbine and tower that cannot be easily recycled or repurposed, and they are only 15% of the structure.

85% recyclable seems pretty good to me.
Until you realize that they Are already taking up space and no one thinks that they will ever deteriate.

No birds die in the windows that are protect birds by having a curtain on the inside.

Guess what. There are several billion windows in America in homes, skyscrapers, grocery stores, factories, you name it. And there are fewer than 58,000 wind turbines. Do the math, doll. The wind turbines, in particular have decimated one beneficent specie of raptors called an osprey. Their diet is primarily fish. Why are they important? Because they balance the population of fish in nature which prevents the demise of other aquatic animals when on specie or another gets the upper hand because of numbers.

Birds of prey are not stupid. They know which specie needs controlling, and they control it. Without this natural wisdom in their dna, There would be no diversity in the world's fish diet, and large animals could disappear, too, without their favorite protein food. Some land mammals would rather die than not have their favorite meal.

It's complex. Read a book on nature's predators sometime, won't you? They're nature's garbage men, too. They do us all a favor.

LOL Not only are you a fool, you are an ass that ignores the obvious. I am sure you think this is the definition of beauty.

Funny I love the way you throw a temper tantrum like a five year old. Just because I think destroying part of the environment to fix something that if killing off the rainforests might never have needed to be fixed.

But I am stupid because I don't celebrate stupid ideas. Good for you.

While Old Rocks gets excited over a fringe intermittent energy source, the growth of "fossil fuels" consumption continues to increase worldwide:

Watts Up With That?

China and India rejecting renewables for coal-fired futures

Guest Blogger / 11 hours ago February 20, 2020

By Ronald Stein

EXCERPT:

China and India are NOT buying into the global alarm movement. Never in human history have we seen two countries (China and India), each with over a billion people, in need of such gargantuan amounts of energy to keep their economies accelerating and their citizens alive.

China and India are the two most populous countries in the world. As of 2018, China had almost 1.4 billion people, a figure that is projected to grow to 1.5 billion by 2045. India accounted for approximately 1.3 billion people in 2018 and is expected to grow to almost 1.7 billion by 2045.

Though China has spent more on clean energy than any other country and is pushing to burn natural gas (a different fossil fuel) instead of coal to counter smog, it’s still pumping money at home and abroad into coal-fired generation.

Bloomberg reports that China has enough coal-fired power plants in the pipeline to match the entire capacity of the European Union, driving the expansion in global coal power and confounding the movement against the polluting fossil fuel.

LINK

No, but I can tell you this, you're reassigned to my ignore list until you can act nice. It's only for 3 days, so have fun. :)

Wow .. talk about slaying the messenger for the message ...

I don't like Crepitus either ... but when he's right, he's right ... and here, he's right ...

It's a felony to violate the laws of thermodynamics ... why aren't you up in arms about this? ... you should do some soul searching these few days you'll be ignoring basic science ... maybe re-evaluate your priorities ... spend an evening or two curled up with your dog-eared copy of Halliday/Resnick ... just a suggestion ...

Texas is now installing more solar generation than gas. And doing it with storage.

Solar, wind and batteries expected to outpace new gas-powered generation in Texas
I found a device invented to help people have power in bad weather:

And another:

I'm a mechanical moron, but I saw a video this morning of a guy who says his family was victimized by weather and the local power plant one time, and he decided to find a way to keep his family in power if they were ever threatened again on the coldest days of the year when the power went down for over a week. He was a teacher or something, but not in science, so he and an engineering friend went through his deceased uncle's genius work notes on how to make power from next to nothing that will not present a danger to family children and pets. I couldn't afford to pay for his system of books and cannot remember much about him but the story he told about being stranded in suburbia in Mississippi, threatened by high waters and severe winter weather when the power went out, and his daughter's words about being cold and just wishing for a bowl of hot soup, drove him to tears and a determination to fix the powerless situation his family was in.

If this can help any of you save the 60% off power bills to help you raise your family, maybe my search will help you. I shake with a screwdriver in hand, and some things I just won't do. Best of good luck to yas. :thup:

Oh goody perpetual motion and cold fusion again. I could see though this kind of stupid shit when I was in the fifth grade for pity sakes.

No, but I can tell you this, you're reassigned to my ignore list until you can act nice. It's only for 3 days, so have fun. :)

Wow .. talk about slaying the messenger for the message ...

I don't like Crepitus either ... but when he's right, he's right ... and here, he's right ...

It's a felony to violate the laws of thermodynamics ... why aren't you up in arms about this? ... you should do some soul searching these few days you'll be ignoring basic science ... maybe re-evaluate your priorities ... spend an evening or two curled up with your dog-eared copy of Halliday/Resnick ... just a suggestion ...
I don't know what you're talking about. And I don't put people on my ignore list unless they are rude and uncouth to me. That's no skin off your back, now is it.

I don't know what you're talking about. And I don't put people on my ignore list unless they are rude and uncouth to me. That's no skin off your back, now is it.

I thought I was on your ignore list ... my apologies ... that post wasn't meant for you to see ... strictly back-biting ...

Texas is now installing more solar generation than gas. And doing it with storage.

Solar, wind and batteries expected to outpace new gas-powered generation in Texas
I found a device invented to help people have power in bad weather:

And another:

I'm a mechanical moron, but I saw a video this morning of a guy who says his family was victimized by weather and the local power plant one time, and he decided to find a way to keep his family in power if they were ever threatened again on the coldest days of the year when the power went down for over a week. He was a teacher or something, but not in science, so he and an engineering friend went through his deceased uncle's genius work notes on how to make power from next to nothing that will not present a danger to family children and pets. I couldn't afford to pay for his system of books and cannot remember much about him but the story he told about being stranded in suburbia in Mississippi, threatened by high waters and severe winter weather when the power went out, and his daughter's words about being cold and just wishing for a bowl of hot soup, drove him to tears and a determination to fix the powerless situation his family was in.

If this can help any of you save the 60% off power bills to help you raise your family, maybe my search will help you. I shake with a screwdriver in hand, and some things I just won't do. Best of good luck to yas. :thup:

Oh goody perpetual motion and cold fusion again. I could see though this kind of stupid shit when I was in the fifth grade for pity sakes.

"Lisa, get in here! In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" -- Homer Simpson

I am smart enough to realize that all the things needed to make wind turbines does not magically appear. It is mines that produce them. After reclamation you won't be able to tell that they were there.
I know that the insulation used by the transmission lines comes from oil. Along with the fuel used to erect and maintain turbines. Not to mention tires and roads and the rest of the necessities needed to get people back and forth to job sites.
I understand that wind and solar make up only a very small portion of the national electric usage. And no matter how it grows it will never by itself keep up with demand.
I know that China alone has enough coal fired plants in the works to offset every amount of savings that doubling the amount of green energy would save.
I am well aware that in a race to go green we are killing off other parts of the environment.

I am smart enough to realize that all the things needed to make wind turbines does not magically appear. It is mines that produce them. After reclamation you won't be able to tell that they were there.
I know that the insulation used by the transmission lines comes from oil. Along with the fuel used to erect and maintain turbines. Not to mention tires and roads and the rest of the necessities needed to get people back and forth to job sites.
I understand that wind and solar make up only a very small portion of the national electric usage. And no matter how it grows it will never by itself keep up with demand.
I know that China alone has enough coal fired plants in the works to offset every amount of savings that doubling the amount of green energy would save.
I am well aware that in a race to go green we are killing off other parts of the environment.
But you are not smart enough to admit that the leakage from natural gas drilling, and the enormous damage that coal mining does, plus the mining necessary for the steel and other materials far outweighs the materials needed for windmills, solar panels, and batteries.

But you are not smart enough to admit that the leakage from natural gas drilling, and the enormous damage that coal mining does, plus the mining necessary for the steel and other materials far outweighs the materials needed for windmills, solar panels, and batteries.
And I have to give you that you haven't got the slightest clue. But I did not expect you to have much in the way of intelligence anyway.

What the OP doesnt tell us is.....lmao ready for this....California PAYS Texas to use its glut of solar energy!:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::funnyface:
Proving solar to be an excellent investment, far better than coal.

Then why doesnt it provide America with any more than 2% of its electricity? After 20 years!:coffee:

Might be a good investment to you.....but not to the rest of the planet which obviously considers it a rip.

How storage affects the grid;

It's not renewable or sustainable.. Lithium mining is gonna PEAK far before Nat Gas and oil... It's dirty, it's exploitive in developing countries and it's a recycling nightmare for the GIGA tonnage you need to even make an IMPRESSION on "grid scale storage"... Just NOT gonna ever fix the buffering issue of flaky wind or 8 hr/day solar production....

As usual, econauts dont care about sustainable or renewable if its THEIR project.. But most of us other environmentalists do....

13.5 KWatt hours to backup your solar investment on your house is a "virtue trophy" more than an investment. THat's about 13 hours of back-up... If the sun don't shine at least EVERY OTHER day -- you're back on the grid.. With an electric car -- you're probably GROUNDED until the sun shines again....

Great misunderstanding of the LARGER facts.. Grid demand is down.. And has not created a big demand for NEW installations.. So the NOISE in the numbers is LARGER than the hype....

And what in blazes are the "cubes" in that picture? THey are not anything I recognize... And I'm not subscribing to Houston paper just to find out what the "battery" claim was...

Last edited:
What the OP doesnt tell us is.....lmao ready for this....California PAYS Texas to use its glut of solar energy!:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::funnyface:
Proving solar to be an excellent investment, far better than coal.

Sure Sure...

saupload_49ccbe7598a6846474d273e49cb22f3a.png

Told you to go ALL IN about 8 years ago.... :auiqs.jpg:

Not EVEN a good investment for your home actually... Considering maintenance, interest, INSURANCE.. Especially in Texas where ONE GOOD HAIL STORM puts your private energy out of business...

Forum List

Back