Texas Senate Bill Drops Teaching Requirement That Ku Klux Klan Is ‘Morally Wrong’

Where in either bill is this located?
The SB 3 is linked in the OP. You won't find this "located" in that bill because it's an omission. The OP indicates that the requirement was taken out of the bill. It's present in the House Bill you posted and absent in the Senate Bill, hence it was dropped.

Its not easy to read legislative bills

But it appears that libs are lying again

Where in SB3 the evidence of this located?

@@@

Eliminated requirements also include the writings of Martin Luther King Jr., United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez and suffragist Susan B. Anthony.

Texas' action seems reasonable to me as long as it only drops the requirement but does not prohibit its teaching. I see such specific items of study best decided not by the state but by local Boards of Education. It surely isn't a principle that gets me up in arms, just a general notion. I notice Texas still requires the teaching of the Holocaust, Arizona just joined that list of states.
Well, do you disagree with the position that teachers SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO TEACH CHILDREN THAT THE KKK IS A DOMESTIC TERRORIST ORGANIZATION?

The SB 3 is linked in the OP. You won't find this "located" in that bill because it's an omission. The OP indicates that the requirement was taken out of the bill. It's present in the House Bill you posted and absent in the Senate Bill, hence it was dropped.
Ok

Where is it required in the HB ?

Each line is numbered so you can tell us specifically

Btw: both bills have to be merged into one and voted on by both chambers

Where is it required in the HB ?
You posted the text of the HB. This is the requirement to teach about white supremacy.
(7) the history of white supremacy, including but not
limited to the institution of slavery, the eugenics movement, and
the Ku Klux Klan, and the ways in which it is morally wrong;

Of course they are. BLM is significantly worse because they are insurrectionists abetted by media and the entire democrat party. Like the KKK in the 1930’s south.
Yes we must equivocate because insurrection is bad. So to minimize and limit the perception of a Bad Neo-GOP because they violently attacked the seat of Government with the aim of shutting down the president vote count, every Race riot must now be called an insurrection event. The Travon Martin Insurrection, the Furguson Insurrection, The O.J. Insurrection. The Rodney King Insurrection.......the Watts Insurrection.

Revisionist History we can all learn from.

You posted the text of the HB. This is the requirement to teach about white supremacy.
Well I think it would require teaching about Texas hispanic beginnings. I can see where it would be controversial to discuss Texas's legal purge of hispanic property rights. But children should know about it.

Give us the line number where that happens
Do you have the link to the text that you copied into your post? Because the requirement your looking for was in your own post, paragraph 7.

Eliminated requirements also include the writings of Martin Luther King Jr., United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez and suffragist Susan B. Anthony.

In a new political low in Texas, the Republican-dominated state Senate has passed a bill to eliminate a requirement that public schools teach that the Ku Klux Klan and its white supremacist campaign of terror are “morally wrong.”

The cut is among some two dozen curriculum requirements dropped in the measure, along with studying Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, the works of United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez, Susan B. Anthony’s writings about the women’s suffragist movement, and Native American history.

Critics say the state is promoting an “anti-civics” education.

Senate Bill 3 — passed last Friday 18-4 — drops most mentions of people of color and women from the state’s required curriculum.

That includes eliminating a requirement that students be taught the “history of white supremacy, including but not limited to the institution of slavery, the eugenics movement, and the Ku Klux Klan, and the ways in which it is morally wrong.”

Why has Texas become such a pariah state? What do you think?

So kuch for the liberal BS defense of CRT of simply wanting to teach the whole truth, the bad with the good....

Re-writing history, Marxist style....

:p

Forum List

Back