Texas says no to renewables

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
Texas, looks like the future is not renewables. Renewables are dependent on the oil industry. It is possible as long as the federal government gives away trillions to renewables the Texas oil companies will build renewables.

Yet, Texas knows they need electricity so they are moving forward with hydrogen

Meanwhile, the Lone Star Power Station will be sited in Liberty County near Cleveland, Texas, which is part of the Greater Houston metropolitan area. Lone Star is planned to be a 453-MW hydrogen-capable combustion turbine facility. Its price tag is expected to be about $753 million. The Legend and Lone Star plants are both expected to enter service by 2028 and will bring a total of $2.8 billion in economic benefits to the region, according to Entergy.

If you need power, renewables are available but so is other stuff. Texas is growing and they need energy. They have windmills and solar farms. They are going to use whatever to get to where they think they need to be. So its is not no to renewable it just whatever is available then they will use.

Texas, looks like the future is not renewables. Renewables are dependent on the oil industry. It is possible as long as the federal government gives away trillions to renewables the Texas oil companies will build renewables.

Yet, Texas knows they need electricity so they are moving forward with hydrogen

Meanwhile, the Lone Star Power Station will be sited in Liberty County near Cleveland, Texas, which is part of the Greater Houston metropolitan area. Lone Star is planned to be a 453-MW hydrogen-capable combustion turbine facility. Its price tag is expected to be about $753 million. The Legend and Lone Star plants are both expected to enter service by 2028 and will bring a total of $2.8 billion in economic benefits to the region, according to Entergy.
One of our board members just moved to Texas. He mentioned how wonderful the Texas folks are that he encounters. Sounds like minimum g'ment interference & maximum Liberties/individual rights. Now I read in the link provided here that Texas has two counties, one named LIBERTY & the other county named JEFFERSON. Wow, if that does not back up everything he mentioned about individual Liberties & quality Americans then what does???

Nuclear power in the USA has kind of increased. We produce the same amount of electricity with 94 nuclear plants as we did with 104
Vistra is seeking to extend the operation of Luminant’s Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant through 2053, an additional 20 years beyond its original licenses. The company has officially submitted its application for license renewal with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

If you are ignorant, it would seem that way. I would not use the word retarded, though. Those are Down Syndrome sufferers. I kind of like them.

Renewables are a very expensive failure.
I kind of like them too but I wouldn't put them in charge of energy policy as texass seems to have done.

What is wrong with the energy policy of Texas?

Yes, wind and solar are regressive, other than that Texas is moving forward
So not much of a news watcher I take it? Their grid fails for at least a short time every single summer and their power plants freeze every time we get these "100 year" cold snaps that seems to come every couple of years these days.

People die every time too.

There is no such thing as "renewable" energy, unless we have some alien tech that won't ever see the light of day.

So not much of a news watcher I take it? Their grid fails for at least a short time every single summer and their power plants freeze every time we get these "100 year" cold snaps that seems to come every couple of years these days.

People die every time too.
Yep, renewables cause death.

Forum List

Back