Texas man’s obituary: ‘He did not contribute to society’

Texas man's obit blasts him as possessing 'no redeeming qualities'

Unloved. I can't find the whole thing on line but that is enough.

I find the story terribly sad. It would have been better to have not said anything than to have done this. I believe we should honor our parents no matter what their sins against us were. That is what forgiveness is for and to write such a lengthy hateful memorial to a man who was your father, what message does that send your grandchildren, friends and family members? This isn't funny. It is very sad.

Texas man's obit blasts him as possessing 'no redeeming qualities'

Unloved. I can't find the whole thing on line but that is enough.

I remember decades ago when someone was searching for the words that best epitomized certain feelings. Of all the words that best described sadness, it was determined by survey that the most accurate word was “forgotten.” I think “unloved” is more meaningful. To be unloved is the equivalent of being dead even though one's heart is still beating. Those who do not know they are unloved are indeed fortunate. Ignorance, in some cases, is bliss.

I find the story terribly sad. It would have been better to have not said anything than to have done this. I believe we should honor our parents no matter what their sins against us were. That is what forgiveness is for and to write such a lengthy hateful memorial to a man who was your father, what message does that send your grandchildren, friends and family members?
I second this and I am actually in the same boat as whoever did the writing. My dad is a word that I can't say, but even I wouldn't write such a thing about him because at the end of the day, what difference would it make? It wouldn't be any kind of a game changer because death means that a person's game is over!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. In my opinion, my dad wouldn't be worth the space anyway.

I find the story terribly sad. It would have been better to have not said anything than to have done this. I believe we should honor our parents no matter what their sins against us were. That is what forgiveness is for and to write such a lengthy hateful memorial to a man who was your father, what message does that send your grandchildren, friends and family members?
I second this and I am actually in the same boat as whoever did the writing. My dad is a word that I can't say, but even I wouldn't write such a thing about him because at the end of the day, what difference would it make? It wouldn't be any kind of a game changer because death means that a person's game is over!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. In my opinion, my dad wouldn't be worth the space anyway.
I'm sorry for your suffering, Holly.

Forum List

Back