Texas Gov. Greg Abbott loathes government mandates — unless he loves them

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014

In May 2021 Abbott (who boasted about ensuring that “families have the freedom to choose their own destiny”)
signed a law banning abortion the moment a fetal heartbeat is detected (which can occur as early as six weeks, and sometimes before a woman knows she is pregnant).

Snip

In July, Abbott announced he would soon reveal plans to ban hormone therapy, puberty suppressant treatments, and transition-related surgeries for transgender people. He also advocates laws prohibiting transgender kids from playing on school sports teams that do not correspond with their gender identity at birth.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott loathes government mandates — unless he loves them | TheHill
------------------------------------
A sign from a double minded man.

In May 2021 Abbott (who boasted about ensuring that “families have the freedom to choose their own destiny”)
signed a law banning abortion the moment a fetal heartbeat is detected (which can occur as early as six weeks, and sometimes before a woman knows she is pregnant).

Snip

In July, Abbott announced he would soon reveal plans to ban hormone therapy, puberty suppressant treatments, and transition-related surgeries for transgender people. He also advocates laws prohibiting transgender kids from playing on school sports teams that do not correspond with their gender identity at birth.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott loathes government mandates — unless he loves them | TheHill
Stopping mentally ill people from hurting themselves and others is the proper thing to do. Allowing them to continue to harm themselves is Evil.

Snip

When the person turns eighteen then they should be free to become whatever they want but anyone under that age shouldn’t be allowed.

When a parent allows treatment to a five year old to change their sex then it is more likely the parent wanting this more than the child because the Universe gave them something they didn’t want…

such is the sign of a double minded man, he is unstable. Double minded man says one thing and he has the opposite actions, or changes his mind.

A double minded man shows no integrity.

When the person turns eighteen then they should be free to become whatever they want but anyone under that age shouldn’t be allowed.

When a parent allows treatment to a five year old to change their sex then it is more likely the parent wanting this more than the child because the Universe gave them something they didn’t want…
by then it too late , a person underwent puberty.

by then it too late , a person underwent puberty.
A child does not truly know what they want and you advocating such treatment tell me a lot about you and the disturbing things you would allow a child to be put through!

A five year old does not truly know what they want and it is a parent that is usually wanting the sex change because they wanted the opposite sex, so until they ( the child ) turn eighteen then I am against such treatments!

A child does not truly know what they want and you advocating such treatment tell me a lot about you and the disturbing things you would allow a child to be put through!

A five year old does not truly know what they want and it is a parent that is usually wanting the sex change because they wanted the opposite sex, so until they ( the child ) turn eighteen then I am against such treatments!
I admit 5 sounds a little young, but when they reach puberty they know what they want.

Snip

There have always been mandates against murder.

I have yet to run across any child, who before the age of 21, knew what they wanted.

Some of you idiots don't know what you want by age 40.
That is why people are violent and cause an insurrection, although it wasn't successful. Something is wrong with them.

That is why people are violent and cause an insurrection, although it wasn't successful. Something is wrong with them.
There was no violence, at least on the scale that the left perpetrates it, and there definitely was no insurrection during that protest.

There was no violence, at least on the scale that the left perpetrates it, and there definitely was no insurrection during that protest.
Did you see the videos ,you must not of seen them.

They do not. What they do know is that little jimmy down the street thinks its cool so he wants to do it too.
Transgender operation and hormones are rare. I find you are one of the idiots.

Did you see the videos ,you must not of seen them.
I did see the videos. I also watched the CC videos from inside the capital where it shows that the doors were opened and that the people who entered were milling about like tourists, just checking out the sights.

Have you seen the videos of the summer of 2020? Carnage, burning, death.

Transgender operation and hormones are rare. I find you are one of the idiots.
As they should be. I'd like to see them outlawed unless there is a proven medical reason. Because little Gina wants a penis is not a good reason.

Snip

"The governor has not hesitated to approve many government mandates. Texas requires vaccinationfor all school children for polio; measles, mumps and rubella; Hepatitis A; Hepatitis B; Varicella; and Meningococcal disease (MCV4). Exemptions are approved only for a medical condition (documented by a physician) or religious reasons. The law does not allow an exemption because of inconvenience or personal preference. The state also requires vaccination for individuals using child-care facilities. I have found no evidence that Gov. Abbott objects to these mandates or their implementation."

That's wrong.

I exempted my children for several of the "required" vaccines based on personal conscience alone from K-12 (youngert is still in high school, but both went all the way through without polio, measles, rubella, or either of the hepatitis).

But, the author points out Abbotts' flipflop, and I agree that both Abbott and the school "mandates" need to be removed without the need to "opt out."

And while we're at it, we should allow mothers to terminate pregnancy up until 143 weeks after conception, so more idiot, worthless spawn can be removed from the earth.

Snip

Hell, he recently signed a mandate against mandates.

Forum List

Back