Chicago Art museum fires 150 White, volunteer Docents.....will hire minority replacements at 25 dollars an hour...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Racism...thy name is democrat...racism...thy name is leftist...

Racism and the democrat party .... a match made in hell, a match that has caused nothing but problems for this country since the democrat party was founded by slave owners.....as joe would say, slave rapists...

The Art Institute of Chicago has canned all of its volunteer docents—well-trained, volunteer educators—almost 150 in total. Their crime? Most were retired white women. No diversity, no inclusiveness. I’m betting many were… ew… straight. And… “cisgender.” Bah.

The Docent Council complained about the decision in a letter to Art Institute President James Rondeau:

“Once you cut through the blather, the letter basically said the museum had looked critically at its corps of docents, a group dominated by mostly (but not entirely) white, retired women with some time to spare, and found them wanting as a demographic,” stated the Chicago Tribune.

And if you think that’s ugly, here is the real punchline: Their “diverse” replacements will be paid $25 an hour.

Yes, you read that correctly, a volunteer crew of mostly white older women is out and a diverse, well-paid crew is coming in.

This is the work of the museum’s new Woman’s Board Executive Director, Learning and Public Engagement, Victoria Stein. Stein, who is black, was hired earlier this year.
--------
For someone who considers herself anti-racist, firing a bunch of women because of their skin tone seems pretty racist. She further stated:

Racism and the democrat party .... a match made in hell, a match that has caused nothing but problems for this country since the democrat party was founded by slave owners.....as joe would say, slave rapists...

The Art Institute of Chicago has canned all of its volunteer docents—well-trained, volunteer educators—almost 150 in total. Their crime? Most were retired white women. No diversity, no inclusiveness. I’m betting many were… ew… straight. And… “cisgender.” Bah.

The Docent Council complained about the decision in a letter to Art Institute President James Rondeau:

“Once you cut through the blather, the letter basically said the museum had looked critically at its corps of docents, a group dominated by mostly (but not entirely) white, retired women with some time to spare, and found them wanting as a demographic,” stated the Chicago Tribune.

And if you think that’s ugly, here is the real punchline: Their “diverse” replacements will be paid $25 an hour.

Yes, you read that correctly, a volunteer crew of mostly white older women is out and a diverse, well-paid crew is coming in.

This is the work of the museum’s new Woman’s Board Executive Director, Learning and Public Engagement, Victoria Stein. Stein, who is black, was hired earlier this year.
--------
For someone who considers herself anti-racist, firing a bunch of women because of their skin tone seems pretty racist. She further stated:

Ten bucks says most if not all those who were fired voted for Joe Biden. Chicago art museums don't tend to be bastions of conservatism.

:laughing0301:

1634119362970.png

--------
Looking on the bright side, at least they’re offering the new hires a decent wage. It will be interesting to see the demographics of the new hires.

I bet many of those fired volunteers were proponents of diversity, prior to this event. Maybe not anymore.

--------
“With the recent 15-month pause on in-person school tours due to the pandemic and the deeply reduced need for school tours for the current year, the museum is updating this 60-year-old model in order to invest in trained education professionals, alongside volunteers, to deliver on our core mission.”

"Tuesday’s Chicago Tribune editorial contained numerous inaccuracies and mischaracterizations of the Art Institute’s decision to rebuild our model for learning. Rather than looking at the museum as a leader in how cultural institutions around the world are evolving to meet the needs of their audiences, the Editorial Board’s take resulted in a wholehearted endorsement of the status quo. The Tribune’s egregiously anti-civic stance, and the decision of many in our community to view this as an indictment of their own identity, is misaligned and disregards the driving force behind the program: to better serve Chicago-area students and visitors and foster lifelong relationships with art."

Robert M. Levy, chair of the board of trustees at the Art Institute of Chicago

“With the recent 15-month pause on in-person school tours due to the pandemic and the deeply reduced need for school tours for the current year, the museum is updating this 60-year-old model in order to invest in trained education professionals, alongside volunteers, to deliver on our core mission.”

"Tuesday’s Chicago Tribune editorial contained numerous inaccuracies and mischaracterizations of the Art Institute’s decision to rebuild our model for learning. Rather than looking at the museum as a leader in how cultural institutions around the world are evolving to meet the needs of their audiences, the Editorial Board’s take resulted in a wholehearted endorsement of the status quo. The Tribune’s egregiously anti-civic stance, and the decision of many in our community to view this as an indictment of their own identity, is misaligned and disregards the driving force behind the program: to better serve Chicago-area students and visitors and foster lifelong relationships with art."

PJ media is where they get their "facts". They didn`t get this stupid on their own.

Do you think your post disputes the OP?

Yes. I don*t expect you to understand it though.
I don't know why you even post. You're a partisan hack so everything you think is predictable. I bet I could tell you what you believe about just about anything that exists in the political realm. That's how polarized politics is now. That's how gross and completely fucking boring you people have become.

2aguy
Looks like whoever runs the Chicago Art Museum is one stupid person. He's sure not a manager.

Replacing very well trained folks who work for free with those that will have to be trained and are getting paid $25 an hour??

That manager needs to go back to manager school and perhaps graduate???

Replacing very well trained folks who work for free with those that will have to be trained and are getting paid $25 an hour??
Those volunteers did it because they were passionate about it. Why else would you volunteer your time to do something like that? Now they've made it a job for somebody, which completely changes the equation. This definitely will not improve the atmosphere or experience. I agree that it's a stupid decision.

Yes. I don*t expect you to understand it though.
I do not disagree with improving what is right. I do disagree what destroys foundation and then causes civilization to decline. Don't let the fiat currency collapse. If you keep looking for something for nothing, you won't like what you find at the end of the rainbow.

I don't know why you even post. You're a partisan hack so everything you think is predictable. I bet I could tell you what you believe about just about anything that exists in the political realm. That's how polarized politics is now. That's how gross and completely fucking boring you people have become.
Boring is right. We`ve never attacked the Capitol to try and install a candidate that lost an election by a landslide nor have we tried to kill a VP or speaker of the House.

Great example of woke racism.

Woke always turns into shit.

What the hell does some dumbass affirmative action Negro know about Art?

What a load of spin dry horse-shit.

Boring is right. We`ve never attacked the Capitol to try and install a candidate that lost an election by a landslide nor have we tried to kill a VP or speaker of the House.

Please tell me the exact mechanism that Trump would have retained office by via a few hours of trespassing.

Forum List

Back