Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: ‘Federal Judge Just Granted My Request to Halt Obama’s Executive Amnesty

Romney lost the center not the base.

That is why he lost.

Bush will take the center and win.

You are so demented! Lost the center....The Karl Rove center....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
You really don't understand: the left of center to the right of center. Most of your far right candidates got their asses kicked in the primaries.

That is what will happen to the far right presidential primary candidates. Again.

Romney lost the center not the base.

That is why he lost.

Bush will take the center and win.

You are so demented! Lost the center....The Karl Rove center....:rofl::rofl::rofl:
You really don't understand: the left of center to the right of center. Most of your far right candidates got their asses kicked in the primaries.

That is what will happen to the far right candidates. Again.

You've had 3 RINO'S lose the presidency, Dole, McLame, and McRomney, all PROGRESSIVE Republicans, so YOU think they will do better this time around, when they can be tied into Obuma's policies? We NEED someone who will step up, and put the CommiecRATS back into their rat holes.... Jeb is NOT the man, he's Hillary in Pants, not a pants suit! Amnesty is the DEATH KNEEL of the party, along with Common Core and the manipulation of young minds by the subversive teachers of the current system. Why has home schooling become so popular.... because of the SHIT they force down the kids throats that are against the ethics, morals, and principles of their parents!

Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan, and both Bushes won by taking enough of the center. Dole, McCain, and Romney failed because the far right demonized the Republican candidates in the voting public's mind.

Candidates like Santorum and Perry might get 40%, nothing more.

Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan, and both Bushes won by taking enough of the center. Dole, McCain, and Romney failed because the far right demonized the Republican candidates in the voting public's mind.

What a shame that men of good repute and with a strong religious background, are now demonized by the press, the atheist left, and the Republican elite. And this from an agnostic!

What a shame that men of good repute and with a strong religious background, are now demonized by the press, the atheist left, and the Republican elite. And this from an agnostic!
Agnostic describes you, not me at all. Who is being demonized by the press? I am sure atheists go after religionists, just as religionists go after atheists. You don't have a point.

Agnostic describes you, not me at all. Who is being demonized by the press? I am sure atheists go after religionists, just as religionists go after atheists. You don't have a point.

Go back to sleep!

The GOP has really lost 5 of the last 6 presidential elections. What's surprising is the number of federal judges they've pushed through and the fact that 2016 in in issue. I think that attests to the power the supply side tax cuts have given the oligarchs as well as the inherent disfunction in a populist party. Even the republican federal judge who issued the restraining order giving rise to this thread DID NOT find a constitutional violation, but found technically Obama failed to follow proper procedure in making his executive order. That's not actual power so much as finding a reason someone in power cannot effectuate a change.

Even the dems are hamstrung. The reason no one challenges Hillary is simply money. Seriously, Hillary as the leader of a movement to reform immigration, taxes and entitlements? Really?

I have not been able to find anywhere in the 1787/1789 U.S. CONstitution that grants a U.S. President the authority to legislate by decree, be it Lincoln Reagan, Obama or any other.
As for illegal immigration, and the handling of it, I believe this is an issue of individual State jurisdiction NOT U.S. Jurisdiction......

United States v. Bevans, 16 U.S. (3 Wheat.) 336 (1818), which involved a federal prosecution for a murder committed on board the Warship, Independence, anchored in the harbor of Boston, Massachusetts.
The defense complained that only the state had jurisdiction to prosecute and argued that the federal Circuit Courts had no jurisdiction of this crime supposedly committed within the federal government's admiralty jurisdiction. In argument before the Supreme Court, counsel for the United States admitted as follows:
"The exclusive jurisdiction which the United States have in forts and dock-yards ceded to them, is derived from the express assent of the states by whom the cessions are made. It could be derived in no other manner; because without it, the authority of the state would be supreme and exclusive therein," 3 Wheat., at 350, 351.
In holding that the State of Massachusetts had jurisdiction over the crime, the Court held:
"What, then, is the extent of jurisdiction which a state possesses?
"We answer, without hesitation, the jurisdiction of a state is co-extensive with its territory; co-extensive with its legislative power," 3 Wheat., at 386, 387.
So we see here that the U.S. held no jurisdiction in a murder even on a U.S. war ship as it was anchored within the jurisdictional waters of the State of Massachusetts.

Would this jurisdiction wherein the crime is illegal immigration into TEXAS would not be within the Jurisdiction of TEXAS and outside that of the U.S.?
While TEXAS may not under the occupational governments CONstitution have the power to establish a treaty individually with Mexico, TEXAS does have the jurisdiction to prosecute the illegal crime of ILLEGAL immigration or any other within its State boundaries.

Another example.......

In New York v. Miln, 36 U.S. (11 Pet.) 102 (1837), the question before the Court involved the attempt by the City of New York to assess penalties against the master of a ship for his failure to make a report as to the persons his ship brought to New York. As against the master's contention that the act was unconstitutional and that New York had no jurisdiction in the matter, the Court held:

"If we look at the place of its operation, we find it to be within the territory, and, therefore, within the jurisdiction of New York. If we look at the person on whom it operates, he is found within the same territory and jurisdiction," 36 U.S., at 133.

"They are these: that a State has the same undeniable and unlimited jurisdiction over all persons and things within its territorial limits, as any foreign nation, where that jurisdiction is not surrendered or restrained by the Constitution of the United States. That, by virtue of this, it is not only the right, but the bounden and solemn duty of a State, to advance the safety, happiness and prosperity of its people, and to provide for its general welfare, by any and every act of legislation which it may deem to be conducive to these ends; where the power over the particular subject, or the manner of its exercise is not surrendered or restrained, in the manner just stated. That all those powers which relate to merely municipal legislation, or what may, perhaps, more properly be called internal police, are not thus surrendered or restrained; and that, consequently, in relation to these, the authority of a State is complete, unqualified and exclusive," 36 U.S., at 139.

Obama seems to always get his a$$ kicked every time he wipes his a$$ with the Constitution Send all them beaners home -Geaux
They are home.

No they're not. They are criminals who should be in jail or on a slow banana boat back home.

BTW- Don't forget you're quarterly donation to the DNC-Geaux
Yup, they are, and they are not leaving.
I have not been able to find anywhere in the 1787/1789 U.S. CONstitution that grants a U.S. President the authority to legislate by decree, be it Lincoln Reagan, Obama or any other.
As for illegal immigration, and the handling of it, I believe this is an issue of individual State jurisdiction NOT U.S. Jurisdiction......

United States v. Bevans, 16 U.S. (3 Wheat.) 336 (1818), which involved a federal prosecution for a murder committed on board the Warship, Independence, anchored in the harbor of Boston, Massachusetts.
The defense complained that only the state had jurisdiction to prosecute and argued that the federal Circuit Courts had no jurisdiction of this crime supposedly committed within the federal government's admiralty jurisdiction. In argument before the Supreme Court, counsel for the United States admitted as follows:
"The exclusive jurisdiction which the United States have in forts and dock-yards ceded to them, is derived from the express assent of the states by whom the cessions are made. It could be derived in no other manner; because without it, the authority of the state would be supreme and exclusive therein," 3 Wheat., at 350, 351.
In holding that the State of Massachusetts had jurisdiction over the crime, the Court held:
"What, then, is the extent of jurisdiction which a state possesses?
"We answer, without hesitation, the jurisdiction of a state is co-extensive with its territory; co-extensive with its legislative power," 3 Wheat., at 386, 387.
So we see here that the U.S. held no jurisdiction in a murder even on a U.S. war ship as it was anchored within the jurisdictional waters of the State of Massachusetts.

Would this jurisdiction wherein the crime is illegal immigration into TEXAS would not be within the Jurisdiction of TEXAS and outside that of the U.S.?
While TEXAS may not under the occupational governments CONstitution have the power to establish a treaty individually with Mexico, TEXAS does have the jurisdiction to prosecute the illegal crime of ILLEGAL immigration or any other within its State boundaries.

Another example.......

In New York v. Miln, 36 U.S. (11 Pet.) 102 (1837), the question before the Court involved the attempt by the City of New York to assess penalties against the master of a ship for his failure to make a report as to the persons his ship brought to New York. As against the master's contention that the act was unconstitutional and that New York had no jurisdiction in the matter, the Court held:

"If we look at the place of its operation, we find it to be within the territory, and, therefore, within the jurisdiction of New York. If we look at the person on whom it operates, he is found within the same territory and jurisdiction," 36 U.S., at 133.

"They are these: that a State has the same undeniable and unlimited jurisdiction over all persons and things within its territorial limits, as any foreign nation, where that jurisdiction is not surrendered or restrained by the Constitution of the United States. That, by virtue of this, it is not only the right, but the bounden and solemn duty of a State, to advance the safety, happiness and prosperity of its people, and to provide for its general welfare, by any and every act of legislation which it may deem to be conducive to these ends; where the power over the particular subject, or the manner of its exercise is not surrendered or restrained, in the manner just stated. That all those powers which relate to merely municipal legislation, or what may, perhaps, more properly be called internal police, are not thus surrendered or restrained; and that, consequently, in relation to these, the authority of a State is complete, unqualified and exclusive," 36 U.S., at 139.

James, what you can or cannot find is immaterial to the discussion.
OH, So what you are stating "JAKE" is that the law is irrelevant to the discussion of the crime of ILLEGAL immigration into the jurisdiction of a State? Please expound.

OH, So what you are stating "JAKE" is that the law is irrelevant to the discussion of the crime of ILLEGAL immigration into the jurisdiction of a State? Please expound.
What I am stating is that your opinions is irrelevant to the supposed criminality of the President's action. Email the DOJ if you are concerned.

What I am stating is that your opinions is irrelevant to the supposed criminality of the President's action. Email the DOJ if you are concerned.
But JAKE, I was not stating my opinion, I was citing your SCOTUS opinions. Do you disagree with your SCOTUS opinions, or your POTUS decree on the subject of Jurisdiction? Am I posting above your ability to comprehend?

You misrepresent POTUS and SCOTUS comments. When you demonstrate that you comprehend immigration law and POTUS and SCOTUS roles with it as well as the POTUS power of Executive Order, I will notify you, In the meantime, Boehner is caving on stopping the EO. facists fail US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

bohener is caving on immigration - Google Search

Boehner's best bet is SCOTUS. I was reading today that three fixes exist if SCOTUS finds the mandate unworkable. The president's program on immigration is not going away.

You misrepresent POTUS and SCOTUS comments. When you demonstrate that you comprehend immigration law and POTUS and SCOTUS roles with it as well as the POTUS power of Executive Order, I will notify you, In the meantime, Boehner is caving on stopping the EO. facists fail US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

bohener is caving on immigration - Google Search

Boehner's best bet is SCOTUS. I was reading today that three fixes exist if SCOTUS finds the mandate unworkable. The president's program on immigration is not going away.
Mr. STARKEY, I do NOT represent, or misrepresent YOUR SCOTUS or POTUS, I simply state the facts, citing where that case law may be found. As for any of YOUR POTUS, I charge you with citing where in YOUR U.S. CONstitution that the power to legislate by decree is granted to the EXECUTIVE branch of YOUR government.
I will be helpful in your endeavor to cite where that fictional power may be found by posting Article II section 2. and then the complete text of Article II.....
Article II section 2.....

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session."
Complete Article II...
Section. 1.

The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President, if such Number be a Majority of the whole Number of Electors appointed; and if there be more than one who have such Majority, and have an equal Number of Votes, then the House of Representatives shall immediately chuse by Ballot one of them for President; and if no Person have a Majority, then from the five highest on the List the said House shall in like Manner chuse the President. But in chusing the President, the Votes shall be taken by States, the Representation from each State having one Vote; A quorum for this Purpose shall consist of a Member or Members from two thirds of the States, and a Majority of all the States shall be necessary to a Choice. In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall chuse from them by Ballot the Vice President.

In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President, and the Congress may by Law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be encreased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Section. 2.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.

Section. 3.

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

Section. 4.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
Now Mr. STARKEY, please provide the text wherein the POTUS is granted the power of legislation by decree...("Executive order").

No way should these illegals be allowed to stay. In fact I wish we could kick every illegal in the country out.

Obama is doing something he has no authority to do and why Congress doesn't veto his ridiculous immigration policy is beyond me.

Those clowns in DC and that fuck in the WH sure don't give a shit about Americans.

Forum List

Back