Texas Democrats leave state to try to stop GOP voting bill

News reports showed happy Democrat members of the Texas legislature laughing and joking, on a private charted jet, designed to take them out of the state, to thwart a vote on election integrity, by stopping a quorum. When they come back they're going to be arrested, and will be doing jail time. Maybe the news media will show us the before and after pictures. Should be an interesting contrast.

Amazing how these legislators turned criminals, can so lightly and flippantly think they can use election fraud to get themselves re-elected, as if the fraud-riddled 2020 election outrages, should now be thought of as normal. Nothing could be farther from the truth. This important vote on election integrity is going to happen, and the laws that need to be passed are going to be.

One of the Democrat legislators flying out of the state, state Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer said “We’ve left our jobs, we’ve left our families, we’ve left our homes. Because there is nothing more important than voting rights in America.” What he really means is >> there is nothing more important TO DEMOCRATS, than ILLEGAL voting rights FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS, In America.”

Here is a quote from Texas governor Greg Abbot, from KVUE, 2 hours ago>>

"There is something the governor can do. First of all, I’ll tell you what the House of Representatives can do. What the speaker can do is issue a call to have these members arrested. In addition to that, however, I can and I will continue to call a special session after special session after special session all the way up until election next year. And so if these people want to be hanging out wherever they’re hanging out on this taxpayer-paid junket, they’re going to have to be prepared to do it for well over a year. As soon as they come back in the state of Texas, they will be arrested, they will be cabined inside the Texas Capitol until they get their job done. "

And exactly what shall they be arrested for?
It's Texas Constitutional Law. Law makers can be arrested for not attending special sessions.
Unfortunately Fellas, I think we all know that Republicans don’t have the balls to take such action....They have the mouth of an alligator and the ass of a hummingbird.

Obstruction of the Legislature

Its officially a High Crime, at least according to Congress which has impeached politicians for it.
Then quote or link that law for us.
Already did. It's more of a civil contempt process.

Here:

Texas Constitution: Article 3

Sec. 10. QUORUM; ADJOURNMENTS FROM DAY TO DAY; COMPELLING ATTENDANCE. Two-thirds of each House shall constitute a quorum to do business, but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and compel the attendance of absent members, in such manner and under such penalties as each House may provide.

It's Texas Constitutional Law. Law makers can be arrested for not attending special sessions.
Arrested, slapped on the wrist and released where they won't do a damn thing! Abbott is a joke.
No, they can be held in the Capitol Building long enough to make up a quorum, then they can go fuck themselves.

This is the type of bullshit I expected and is PURE proof that these motherfuckers want to cheat in elections.

Texas Constitution, Article 3:

Sec. 10. QUORUM; ADJOURNMENTS FROM DAY TO DAY; COMPELLING ATTENDANCE. Two-thirds of each House shall constitute a quorum to do business, but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and compel the attendance of absent members, in such manner and under such penalties as each House may provide.

Break out the Dungeons. Again, who makes this determination and what serverity? Sounds like the Governor is making the threats when he shouldn't even be in the conversation. And in Texas, a Governor is just above a Beauty Contest Winner in Importance.....wait a minute, it all depends on how well the Governor looks in a Bikini.

And you don't see a problem with this?
And you don't see a problem with the entire process being stopped because of quorum rules?

Why even have a legislature?

In fact, I wish the FedGov would adopt the same rules and NEVER get anything passed ever again. That would be glorious.
So you are against the filibuster....interesting.

Break out the Dungeons. Again, who makes this determination and what serverity? Sounds like the Governor is making the threats when he shouldn't even be in the conversation. And in Texas, a Governor is just above a Beauty Contest Winner in Importance.....wait a minute, it all depends on how well the Governor looks in a Bikini.

Wtf are you blabbering about?

Arrested, slapped on the wrist and released where they won't do a damn thing! Abbott is a joke.
No, they can be held in the Capitol Building long enough to make up a quorum, then they can go fuck themselves.

This is the type of bullshit I expected and is PURE proof that these motherfuckers want to cheat in elections.
Oh, illegal detention aka kidnapping, eh? Typical whitey righties....why not just put them in con-centration camps.

Do you know what civil contempt is?

They have a LEGAL obligation, as legislators. They signed up for the job. Their attendance can be compelled.

It's like signing up for the Army and going AWOL.

Oh, illegal detention aka kidnapping, eh? Typical whitey righties....why not just put them in con-centration camps.
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Unless its a blue state, then you can commit all the crimes you want.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Unless its a blue state, then you can commit all the crimes you want.
They wouldn't get "jail time" so to speak. They can be held under force long enough to make up a legislative quorum, then they would be released.

News reports showed happy Democrat members of the Texas legislature laughing and joking, on a private charted jet, designed to take them out of the state, to thwart a vote on election integrity, by stopping a quorum. When they come back they're going to be arrested, and will be doing jail time. Maybe the news media will show us the before and after pictures. Should be an interesting contrast.

Amazing how these legislators turned criminals, can so lightly and flippantly think they can use election fraud to get themselves re-elected, as if the fraud-riddled 2020 election outrages, should now be thought of as normal. Nothing could be farther from the truth. This important vote on election integrity is going to happen, and the laws that need to be passed are going to be.

One of the Democrat legislators flying out of the state, state Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer said “We’ve left our jobs, we’ve left our families, we’ve left our homes. Because there is nothing more important than voting rights in America.” What he really means is >> there is nothing more important TO DEMOCRATS, than ILLEGAL voting rights FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS, In America.”

"There is something the governor can do. First of all, I’ll tell you what the House of Representatives can do. What the speaker can do is issue a call to have these members arrested. In addition to that, however, I can and I will continue to call a special session after special session after special session all the way up until election next year. And so if these people want to be hanging out wherever they’re hanging out on this taxpayer-paid junket, they’re going to have to be prepared to do it for well over a year. As soon as they come back in the state of Texas, they will be arrested, they will be cabined inside the Texas Capitol until they get their job done. "

Since when are democrats ever in big trouble?

When do they ever go to jail?

When does the press ever hold them to account?

They do as the please when they please.

I think the assholes should be imprisoned when they finally return. My understanding is that they will stay out of Texas until the current special session is over, at which they they intend to return. And according to Gov Abbott, they will be arrested and detained until Abbott calls another special session, and the miscreants will be forced to attend. If it was up to me, I'd have them detained in jail for 30 days.

And you don't see a problem with this?
And you don't see a problem with the entire process being stopped because of quorum rules?

Why even have a legislature?

In fact, I wish the FedGov would adopt the same rules and NEVER get anything passed ever again. That would be glorious.
So you are against the filibuster....interesting.
No. The Senate can set the rules they like. That's a different topic all together. Apples to oranges.

They have to be present to filibuster, and it can be busted by negotiation. You know. What legislators are paid to do?

Even your article, quoting the Governor listed no statute that would allow for arrest and no penalties. I would be interested in seeing it, if it exists. I have never heard of a law anywhere in the country that says people walking of the job, can be arrested or imprisoned. Has Texas fallen to a communist takeover by it's own Governor?

Forum List

Back